Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BUYVM.NET - Luxembourg Slices are back in stock! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BUYVM.NET - Luxembourg Slices are back in stock!

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    @Francisco Please provide more stock in LUX, we are starving for a good slice of home baked pie.

Wat? Have you looked at the stock lately? He just added another rack in LU (what this thread is about).

If you're talking about 512MB slices, those seem to get stocked up daily-ish.

• uxtvdluxtvdl Member

how to get more storage without upgrading the vps ? like right now its 80gb ssd i want 100 more ?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@uxtvdl said:
    how to get more storage without upgrading the vps ? like right now its 80gb ssd i want 100 more ?

That's the only option until slabs arrive.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Foul
  • imfanimfan Member

So any ETA of Las Vegas storage slabs ?
    Has been waiting BIG disk all these days......

Thanked by 1roast
  • @imfan said:

Las Vegas has had slabs for quite some time already. The slabs are not exactly free of issues and so do not depend on them to store critical data without backups elsewhere.

• @Weblogics said:

@imfan said:

Las Vegas has had slabs for quite some time already. The slabs are not exactly free of issues and so do not depend on them to store critical data without backups elsewhere.

Seem to be out of stock at the moment, was hoping to try one as a moosefs chunkserver target.

• Weblogics said: The slabs are not exactly free of issues

I remember they had an issue a while back that Fran had to work really hard to resolve. Have there been others?

@imfan said:

Another day or two. I got badblocks running on the drives and it looks like we got a single drive that's bummed.

Weblogics said: Las Vegas has had slabs for quite some time already. The slabs are not exactly free of issues and so do not depend on them to store critical data without backups elsewhere.

They had some issues, but we've worked to fix them. A few people are still on QCOW2 based images though so they'll need to be converted soon.

I delayed NY & LU just so I could make sure we worked out whatever issues we've spotted. Before we offered Slabs in LV the cluster itself had been hosting our legacy storage VM's for around 8 months without any quirks.

Overall its been a good product and I'm excited with the next round of upgrades coming this month.

Francisco

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

ETA for new LUX stock?

• @Francisco said:

Another day or two. I got badblocks running on the drives and it looks like we got a single drive that's bummed.

That's probably the drives that my slab took a dump on...

@Weblogics said:
    @Francisco said:

Impossible. This node is brand new and unprovisioned. We badblocks all of our drives in our slab nodes before they take any customers.

If you're the ticket I had earlier, you were still using qcow2 for storage which is problematic. We stopped using cow after the December issues but we didn't mass convert people yet.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@Weblogics said:
    @Francisco said:

Impossible. This node is brand new and unprovisioned. We badblocks all of our drives in our slab nodes before they take any customers.

If you're the ticket I had earlier, you were still using qcow2 for storage which is problematic. We stopped using cow after the December issues but we didn't mass convert people yet.

Francisco

I thought you were talking about the existing slabs.

My ticket last night / today was 411457.

@Weblogics said:

@Francisco said:

@Weblogics said:
    @Francisco said:

Francisco

I thought you were talking about the existing slabs.

My ticket last night / today was 411457.

Dropped you a PM.

Francisco

• When we get more stock of: LU E3-KVM 512MB?

• FoulFoul Member

Learntolive said: When we get more stock of: LU E3-KVM 512MB?

Check the 1st, and 7th of each month.

• level6level6 Member

@Foul said:

Learntolive said: When we get more stock of: LU E3-KVM 512MB?

Check the 1st, and 7th of each month.

Or better yet, sign up with the stock notifier.

@Learntolive said:
    When we get more stock of: LU E3-KVM 512MB?

Racking the last batch of nodes this week :) Just waiting on our new router to be installed before I can finish some other projects.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Learntolive beagle
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Everything is impossible until it happens.

• @Francisco is Buyvm affiliate program alive? wanted to refer 3-4 vps clients.

@Sofia_K said:
    @Francisco is Buyvm affiliate program alive? wanted to refer 3-4 vps clients.

Go for it, it's there :)

Francisco

• @Francisco Lux needs more storage options!@!

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • uxtvdluxtvdl Member

@ViolentInjection said:
    @Francisco Lux needs more storage options!@!

yeppp

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • @Francisco said:

datanoise said: How is the network in LU to places far away, like india / asia & south america? Decent?

Not going to be amazing. I think India bounces through the US, and South America will have to as well.

Both my Indian ISPs (4G-mobile and CableISP) show predictable EU routes to my LUXshared ip
    Transit via Cogent on Airtel4G, and TATA via Marseille landing on the CableISP.

I'd gotten rid of all the 'guests' on my reseller and I was considering downsizing to a 5/yr. But today's turmoil ... sigh

• @Francisco when More stock lux 😈 need server 🥴

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2019

I need the fucking response times of a 12-year-old gamer to catch stock in LU...

I'm adding the Las of the nodes shortly :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • Add more hdd space. Ssd is nice but storage is more important.

• LeeLee Veteran

Francisco said: I'm adding the Las of the nodes shortly

Just give me a $30 slice in LU.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • When lux nodes on stock

• sinsin Member

I just bought a BuyVM LUX slice, I don't even know why I need it. What does everyone like about the location? Am I allowed to host shirtless pics of @Francisco without getting DMCAed?