Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BUYVM.NET - Luxembourg Slices are back in stock! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BUYVM.NET - Luxembourg Slices are back in stock!

Comments

• ArthasArthas Member

Foul said: Did you ever ticket in?

No, I don't need to create a ticket to tell them that the server is overloaded...because either they are not monitoring or just ignoring, which is acceptable for just $5/year...
    but I will come back if they have fixed it to host my new tiny sites...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Arthas said:
    Too many problems in lu-shared04. Server load always >(24cpu)...even a clean Wordpress site shows 65-80% CPU load...so haven't used it for 2 months now...last year I was in Vegas and it was good...but this LU is :disappointed:

Yeah, we stopped selling shared on that node because it just wouldn't calm down properly.

The new nodes feel excellent, you'll love it :)

Francisco

• FoulFoul Member

Arthas said: No, I don't need to create a ticket to tell them that the server is overloaded...because either they are not monitoring or just ignoring, which is acceptable for just $5/year...

but I will come back if they have fixed it to host my new tiny sites...

They're always on top of stuff, and making sure things work as it is. I've been with Fran since 2014. They recently did a migration to new hardware, so things should be better in LU now.

Foul said: should

Are :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1Foul
  • How is the network in LU to places far away, like india / asia & south america? Decent?

datanoise said: How is the network in LU to places far away, like india / asia & south america? Decent?

Not going to be amazing. I think India bounces through the US, and South America will have to as well.

Francisco

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@datanoise said:
    How is the network in LU to places far away, like india / asia & south america? Decent?

https://speedtest.lu.buyvm.net/

v6 speedtests don't work in any location last I checked though

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • @Francisco said:

DataRecovery said: What I actually wanted to know is I believe that CPU limit was set to 500 MHz (in CloudLinux probably), which impaired the digestion of a relatively modern WordPress.

We applied caps to some people that were rimming 24/7, but those will likely be relaxed now that the new node is coming in.

Francisco

Some people pay extra for rimming.

Thanked by 2Francisco skorous
  • donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@Francisco said:
    We applied caps to some people that were rimming 24/7

Thanked by 2Francisco vimalware
  • Francisco said: Moved from the L5629's to E5 2660's, which means an additional 8 threads, but at a much higher clock (around 600Mhz per thread of additional). Storage has been moved from SSD's to NVME.

Does Vegas have NVMe drives?

• YuraYura Member

@Daniel15 said:

Francisco said: Moved from the L5629's to E5 2660's, which means an additional 8 threads, but at a much higher clock (around 600Mhz per thread of additional). Storage has been moved from SSD's to NVME.

NVMe? Are you kidding me? If you pay enough they can get you a flying tiger in Vegas, you can get anything! 🐅

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Yura said:

@Daniel15 said:

Francisco said: Moved from the L5629's to E5 2660's, which means an additional 8 threads, but at a much higher clock (around 600Mhz per thread of additional). Storage has been moved from SSD's to NVME.

NVMe? Are you kidding me? If you pay enough they can get you a flying tiger in Vegas, you can get anything! 🐅

How much for flying tiger?

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • uptimeuptime Member

à la carte or will you be enjoying with an albino trampolinist tonight sir ?

• YuraYura Member

@cybertech said:

@Yura said:

@Daniel15 said:

2 alpharacks and a single penny.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • As a long time Frantech customer, finally LU4 shared is working fine. Good work @Francisco !

@DreamCaster said:
    As a long time Frantech customer, finally LU4 shared is working fine. Good work @Francisco !

04 feels pretty damn great :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1level6
  • NihimNihim Member

Can we have paid pre-orders on LUX? :P slab + block when block gets added?

@Nihim said:

Slabs will be in the spring.

I wanted more testing/usage on the Vegas cluster to have an idea of what we want to deploy in the others.

I'll be making changes on the Vegas cluster in the coming few weeks that should give another nice performance bump.

Francisco

• NihimNihim Member

@Francisco said:

@Nihim said:

I wanted more testing/usage on the Vegas cluster to have an idea of what we want to deploy in the others.

I'll be making changes on the Vegas cluster in the coming few weeks that should give another nice performance bump.

Francisco

spring? as in 2020 spring? :(

@Nihim said:

@Francisco said:

@Nihim said:

Francisco

Right.

Francisco

• NihimNihim Member

@Francisco said:

Right.

Francisco

well that ruined my day :/ Onward to 2020 I say

• KwoonKwoon Member

I'm on lu-shared04 shared.
    Server load currently is: 9.02 (32 cpus)
    I hope it won't max out like on the previous node :blush:

@Kwoon said:

The nodes fully loaded at that.

All customers are moved over and there's a little bit of stock left, but I expect the stock to sell out quick.

Load may go another couple points over that, especially with backups, but it should stay overall healthy.

Francisco

Thanked by 1DreamCaster
  • KwoonKwoon Member

@Francisco said:

@Kwoon said:

The nodes fully loaded at that.

All customers are moved over and there's a little bit of stock left, but I expect the stock to sell out quick.

Load may go another couple points over that, especially with backups, but it should stay overall healthy.

Francisco

Thanks

• @Francisco said:

@Nihim said:

Francisco

We're still in this Spring. You got 10 days. Get on it.;)

• ... spring? as in 2020 spring?

@Francisco said: Right.

This is a total scam hoster. First Fran says there's stock, then actually when you check there is no never stock. I've been hearing this 'Spring...' dialogue for some time now. (he probably also has a bot that posts these kinds of replies to pesky posters, it always says spring {current-year++})

As you know 2020 is when Fran is going to be running for President - so there's no way he's going to make time for some measly slices (or slabs, take your pick) in far away LU instead of focusing on the key campaign territories out west.

This is a giant pyramid scheme if you ask me. Everyone is clamoring for slabs and slices all the time. It's like the people who're in want to the keep rest out. Some sort of an elitist club of quality-hosting-but-cheap mafia.

If I were you, I'd get a slice... immediately.

P.S: For those of you who lost the humour in the post (blame Google Translate), I'm asking Fran if we can bribe him (and with what) to get Slabs faster like in 2019 before the month is out.

Thanked by 3plumberg beagle uxtvdl
  • lurchlurch Member

@Francisco said:

@Nihim said:

@Francisco said:

@Nihim said:

Francisco

Right.

Francisco

Damn, time to find an alternative.

• LeviLevi Member

@Francisco Please provide more stock in LUX, we are starving for a good slice of home baked pie.

• @LTniger said:
    @Francisco Please provide more stock in LUX, we are starving for a good slice of home baked pie.

They're not too hard to come by if you use the BuyVM stock notifier. I was able to grab one in under a week or so.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@Nihim said:

@Francisco said:

@Nihim said:

Francisco

Right.

Francisco

That movement speed, I would have died 10 times in CSGO.
    Rub your belly a few times and then get to LU and deploy it this YEAR.