Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Huge downtime at AlphaRacks - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Huge downtime at AlphaRacks

Comments

• alvinalvin Member

@geek2009 said:

@Foul said:

geek2009 said: we leased 10 dedicated servers from Alpharackes at 8th of May.And we lost all network on servers at 18th.we gave up them.So everybody don't work with any little company.

Contact Quadranet directly, and ask to be a direct client.

I did this and it's in the process of doing so.

yup,we are doing that.

Same..

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

ya good luck.. quadranet charges $39/mth for ancient quad core servers with desktop hardware (q6600), they are probably going to need more for an e5 :) .

• FoulFoul Member

JoeMerit said: ya good luck.. quadranet charges $39/mth for ancient quad core servers with desktop hardware (q6600), they are probably going to need more for an e5 .

My price is staying the same :smile:

• @angstrom said:

I see. Then a working hypothesis is that the former Woot customers are on QN servers that aren't affected by this affair.

Former WootHosting customer here. When the takeover happened, I was moved to a different IP/host. Now, I'm down. In fact, I've had a couple outages before this long one. AlphaRacks is a mess. The only VPS I had with WootHosting was a $9/yr 1GB - I cancelled my bigger VPS with WH after an outage and had some credit to burn through.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @geek2009 said:
    we leased 10 dedicated servers from Alpharackes at 8th of May.And we lost all network on servers at 18th.we gave up them.So everybody don't work with any little company.

QN disable there all server network.

• UKCC1UKCC1 Member

The Alpharacks issue with QN is clearly not just a failure to pay the bill for renting the servers. As that would have been resolved by now.
    I know there is another thread which claims Alpharacks was being ran by now former QN employees, whether that is true IDK. But there was clearly something going on at Alpharacks which QN were not happy with and hence there is some negotiations needed between the two to resolve it (if they every do)
    I have now signed up for a VPS with Hostdoc and for only a small extra yearly fee, and the speed of the VPS is much better than the one I had with Alpharacks.
    I had most of my data backed up but did loose a small amount of data when the Alpharacks outage occurred. So if they do bring the servers back online then at least I can get everything back.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

It's been a week. The people behind AP have likely cleared out their account at Paypal. Other merchants accounts may take longer.

Their only task at this point is milk out whatever they can while acting normally on surface.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Alpha racks is back up!

• I have had zero issues with Vultr. I do still have one service with Alphashits and it isnt working atm either.

• donlidonli Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    Alpha racks is back up!

https://www.alpharacks.com/myrack/serverstatus.php

There are no Network Issues Currently

• hieuhuynhhieuhuynh Member
    edited May 2019

I have a small reseller on Alpharacks to storage some websites demo. This is the $h!t responses I received when I asked them about the server's issue.

• KrisKris Member

The so claimed owner has moved on (front man) so should y'all.

It's literally a past job for him, so I'm guessing the real owners have told him he's no longer needed

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

He's the only one listed as working at aracks that seemed to have the social media presence of a real person. He wasn't the "owner" he was listed as "Chief Operations Officer" while Jin was listed as "Chief Executive Officer".

• tetechtetech Member

@donli said:
    He's the only one listed as working at aracks that seemed to have the social media presence of a real person. He wasn't the "owner" he was listed as "Chief Operations Officer" while Jin was listed as "Chief Executive Officer".

That one is a real person (see Companies House in the UK).

• The AlphaRacks status page has said

There are no Network Issues Currently

Since day 1 of this outage. My VPS is still not up.

• They just sent me the reply

• lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited May 2019

@hieuhuynh said:
    They just sent me the reply

• @hieuhuynh said:

Got the same reply from them today. SOOO glad I got my data off before they decided to exit scam. I shall kiss that $15 bucks goodbye and be thankful my shit wasnt on their gear.

• @Cryptoinfo said:

@hieuhuynh said:

Got the same reply from them today. SOOO glad I got my data off before they decided to exit scam. I shall kiss that $15 bucks goodbye and be thankful my shit wasnt on their gear.

I claimed to PayPal to get a refund to me. I purchased the reseller from them to host my some HTML templates on May 15, 2019, then May 16, 2019, their server was stopped.

• I just got the same reply. I was on hostmybytes before... it was pretty bad there too, and now this outage thing. I moved over to ssd nodes today. 10/month for a 4 core isn't bad at all, and I'm happy with vps performance so far. Loading up my db from backups was pretty fast, I hope it stays that way.

• If you want you money back from PayPal, you say your item was not received. Otherwise, you will lose the claim for "service". AlphaRacks can't produce a tracking number unless they pull so shady BS, so you should get your money back.

I lost my 3 year prepay with HiFormance for 3 servers, so I'm not putting up with this BS any more.

• cinwiecinwie Member

@HowLowCanYouGo said:
    If you want you money back from PayPal, you say your item was not received. Otherwise, you will lose the claim for "service". AlphaRacks can't produce a tracking number unless they pull so shady BS, so you should get your money back.

I lost my 3 year prepay with HiFormance for 3 servers, so I'm not putting up with this BS any more.

can we report it now?

• @cinwie said:

@HowLowCanYouGo said:
    If you want you money back from PayPal, you say your item was not received. Otherwise, you will lose the claim for "service". AlphaRacks can't produce a tracking number unless they pull so shady BS, so you should get your money back.

can we report it now?

Paypal covers you for 45 days, if you bought it during that time then yes

• @cinwie said:

@HowLowCanYouGo said:

can we report it now?

You can try. You might have remedy to up to 6 months sometimes depending on the circumstance. If AlphaRacks go out of business, trigger suspicious seller activity, fraud, etc.

So, even if you don't get a refund, filing a claim will make it so that EVERYONE that paid with PayPal has a better chance of getting refunds.

I put in a dispute with my credit card company on the second payment I did (because I had no funds in my PayPal), credit card gave me the refund right away in 3 minutes online.

• donlidonli Member

@HowLowCanYouGo said:

I put in a dispute with my credit card company on the second payment I did (because I had no funds in my PayPal), credit card gave me the refund right away in 3 minutes online.

Credit card buyer protection is typically much stronger than PayPal's.

• @donli said:

@HowLowCanYouGo said:

Is verry strong on plow

• cinwiecinwie Member

ty i try it

• @donli said:

@HowLowCanYouGo said:

I almost want to say credit card protection is always stronger than PayPal. I've gotten screwed so many times as buyer using PayPal. Inversely, seller protection I find is slightly better with PayPal, but it sort of depends on the merchant account you enrolled into when you accept credit cards. Cryptocurrency is really the best form of online cash I can think of now.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

@HowLowCanYouGo said:

@donli said:

@HowLowCanYouGo said:

I almost want to say credit card protection is always stronger than PayPal. I've gotten screwed so many times as buyer using PayPal. Inversely, seller protection I find is slightly better with PayPal, but it sort of depends on the merchant account you enrolled into when you accept credit cards. Cryptocurrency is really the best form of online cash I can think of now.

100% seller protection is better with PayPal. With cards, the ones making the decision (card issuer) don't have any financial interest in the seller. With PayPal, they do; and it shows. We have a relatively low percentage of chargebacks both for PP and cards, but have been in business long enough to see patterns.

There's times when we should have won CC disputes via Stripe but didn't, whereas with PayPal we either win or they refund both sides at their own cost.

As a buyer though I'm not sure why you see crypto as better. You have literally no recourse - there is no chargeback and most courts won't see it as serious as fiat. If it's small transactions though, I guess that isn't a problem

• @HowLowCanYouGo said:

I just received the refund from PayPal after over a week I disputed a claim.

Thanked by 1HowLowCanYouGo