Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Huge downtime at AlphaRacks - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Huge downtime at AlphaRacks

Comments

• poissonpoisson Member

Multiple people on LET exhibit symptoms of lacking humor gene.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Humor tends to be the last thing they react to since, well, they are in deep ditch of shit.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • immanisimmanis Member

@angstrom said:

I wonder about former HostMyBytes customers.

I'm a former HostMyBytes customer - my London datacentre 4GB VPS is up, but my small LA 1GB VPS is down

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @poisson said:

Multiple people on LET think they are funny but lack any material or humour. Seriously, a regular ad is supposed to be funny? Umm, no. It's like they've not been aware of Google advertising before. A search for VPS company triggered an ad for a competitor. Hilarious! /s

The blaming others for being unfunny yourself is pathetic.

• donlidonli Member

@zed said:

I'm a former HostMyBytes customer - my London datacentre 4GB VPS is up, but my small LA 1GB VPS is down

What datacenter are you in in London ?

• Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member

@TimboJones said:

@poisson said:

Multiple people on LET think they are funny but lack any material or humour. Seriously, a regular ad is supposed to be funny? Umm, no. It's like they've not been aware of Google advertising before. A search for VPS company triggered an ad for a competitor. Hilarious! /s

Studies show humor gene is recessive. Nothing to worry about. Your kid still have chance to be a great comedian.

• AMXRTAMXRT Member

Woooow, alpharacks is down! What a news

• daps94daps94 Member
    edited May 2019

So i just called Quadranet. And though they can not give me any details - they do indicate the possibility of AlphaRacks services being reeneabled . It's possible. They would not confirm billing issue or otherwise. They also told me they are "sorry for your loss" which is kinda disconcerting .

I love cheap servers :) and though i did have quite a few with alpharacks , i've constantly had issues with AR. So this is probably for the best. As others have said cancel your automatic billing and dispute your paypal transactions. You should've backed up your data , dummy.

SSDnodes has some pretty good deals on VPS - they have some really great sales during their anniversary and black friday. Been with ssdnodes for 3-4 year.

Lesson learned let's move on.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • poissonpoisson Member

@TimboJones said:

I didn't single you out, so it is really funny that you are so defensive. I guess you don't find this funny too.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Former HostMyBytes customer here. My VPS is down, but the thing is they were only mentioning LA and Miami DCs, while mine is (or supposed to be) in Chicago. LOL

• donlidonli Member

@MrKrinkle said:
    Former HostMyBytes customer here. My VPS is down, but the thing is they were only mentioning LA and Miami DCs, while mine is (or supposed to be) in Chicago. LOL

QuadraNet Chicago?

• stay away from alpha racks, So, I decided to move on and asked for the refund

• tetechtetech Member

@designpluz said:
    stay away from alpha racks, So, I decided to move on and asked for the refund

Good luck with that. Will be interested to hear when you get it.

• @designpluz said:

Refund denied.

I sure hope you didn't put your web design clients on a shitty alpharacks server.. that's such an insult to your clients.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited May 2019

https://www.alpharacks.com/myrack/serverstatus.php

There are no Network Issues Currently.

• Hmm, then why all the noise? Everything's peachy guys, it must be a network issue on your end.

• we leased 10 dedicated servers from Alpharackes at 8th of May.And we lost all network on servers at 18th.we gave up them.So everybody don't work with any little company.

• donlidonli Member

@tetech said:

@designpluz said:

Good luck with that. Will be interested to hear when you get it.

@Chuck said:
    https://www.alpharacks.com/myrack/serverstatus.php

For those without logins:

There are no Network Issues Currently.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited May 2019

@dahartigan said:

Hmm, then why all the noise? Everything's peachy guys, it must be a network issue on your end.

I think colocrossing is using LET drama to give bad reputation to AlphaRacks.

Common warning signs/ risk factors of drama:

• Having one supposedly serious problem after another.
    • Claiming to have experienced negative events that are highly implausible.
    • Making claims without sufficient evidence or a lack of detail about supposedly serious events.
    Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited May 2019

@geek2009 said:
    we leased 10 dedicated servers from Alpharackes at 8th of May.And we lost all network on servers at 18th.we gave up them.So everybody don't work with any little company.

For the sake of trying to understand how this could happen, would you mind sharing the price you paid and the specs? I have a strong suspicion without ever knowing the answer, that you could have got the equivalent from a trustworthy provider here on LET instead.

I'd love to be wrong about this!

Chuck said: I think colocrossing is using LET drama to give bad reputation to AlphaRacks.

Perhaps as the story unfolds we learn that CC were running AlphaRacks the whole time... dun dun dun duuunnnnnnn

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited May 2019

@dahartigan said:

Chuck said: I think colocrossing is using LET drama to give bad reputation to AlphaRacks.

Perhaps as the story unfolds we learn that CC were running AlphaRacks the whole time... dun dun dun duuunnnnnnn

It's time to call Robert Mueller !!? The dude likes to drag stuff for years with no result.

I'm suing him because he wasted my tax money on shit and hooker.

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@geek2009 said:
    we leased 10 dedicated servers from Alpharackes at 8th of May.And we lost all network on servers at 18th.we gave up them.So everybody don't work with any little company.

Seriously consider not to rent servers from a company with an F rating from the better business bureau:
    https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/thousand-oaks/profile/web-hosting/alpharacks-1236-92017875
    https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/atlanta/profile/computer-dealers/delimiter-corporation-0443-27665706

• @Chuck said:

@dahartigan said:

It's time to call Robert Mueller !!? The dude likes to drag stuff for years with no result.

I'm suing him because he wasted my tax money on shit and hooker.

He could be a little too busy for this, unless there's a way you can entice with coke and hookers.

@donli said:

@geek2009 said:

Seriously consider not to rent servers from a company with an F rating from the better business bureau:
    https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/thousand-oaks/profile/web-hosting/alpharacks-1236-92017875
    https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/atlanta/profile/computer-dealers/delimiter-corporation-0443-27665706

lol

• @dahartigan said:

@geek2009 said:

For the sake of trying to understand how this could happen, would you mind sharing the price you paid and the specs? I have a strong suspicion without ever knowing the answer, that you could have got the equivalent from a trustworthy provider here on LET instead.

we ordered server E3 ram 16gb hardisk 1TB IP:16/28.i don't want to share price.but the price was very nice.exactly,total servers are 16 and every server has 16/28 ips.Alpharacks got network problem due to the disputes of network contract with Quadranet.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited May 2019

@geek2009 said:

@dahartigan said:

@geek2009 said:

we ordered server E3 ram 16gb hardisk 1TB IP:16/28.i don't want to share price.but the price was very nice.exactly,total servers are 16 and every server has 16/28 ips.Alpharacks got network problem due to the disputes of network contract with Quadranet.

Ahh yeah, those "Hybrid Dedicated" $39 with a coupon, plus $16 for the /28 so $55 each so you gave $880 to AlphaRacks.

I'd be fucking pissed at myself for that..

EDIT: And your sig: "We are able to customize dedicated servers in U.S.,HongKong./24,/26,/22 ip trading."

Eww.. that makes it even worse.. lol

Source: https://www.alpharacks.com/MarchMadness/

Thanked by 1uptime
  • donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@geek2009 said:

In early May:

Dual Intel Xeon E5-2650 8x 2.00GHz
    16GB DDR3 RAM
    1TB Enterprise HDD
    UNMETERED 100Mbps Bandwidth
    /29 IPv4 Allocation - 5 Usable IPs
    100 IPv6 Addresses or more
    5Gbps DDoS Protection
    Los Angeles Datacenter
    Linux or Windows OS

was being offered for $ 39./month.
    I wonder if they were paying QN anything for them.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@dahartigan said:

@geek2009 said:

@dahartigan said:

@geek2009 said:

Ahh yeah, those "Hybrid Dedicated" $39 with a coupon, plus $16 for the /28 so $55 each so you gave $880 to AlphaRacks.

EDIT: And your sig: "We are able to customize dedicated servers in U.S.,HongKong./24,/26,/22 ip trading."

What's really insane is that as far as I can tell, you can still order that hybrid dedicated server at a 50% recurring discount. (The promo code still works!)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • FoulFoul Member

geek2009 said: we leased 10 dedicated servers from Alpharackes at 8th of May.And we lost all network on servers at 18th.we gave up them.So everybody don't work with any little company.

Contact Quadranet directly, and ask to be a direct client.

I did this and it's in the process of doing so.

Thanked by 1geek2009
  • @angstrom said:

@dahartigan said:

@geek2009 said:

@dahartigan said:

@geek2009 said:

What's really insane is that as far as I can tell, you can still order that hybrid dedicated server at a 50% recurring discount. (The promo code still works!)

The thing that worries me is despite the content of this thread, some fucking jellyfish will float by and see that link, click and buy. Then eventually open a thread a complain they got scammed.

• @Foul said:

geek2009 said: we leased 10 dedicated servers from Alpharackes at 8th of May.And we lost all network on servers at 18th.we gave up them.So everybody don't work with any little company.

Contact Quadranet directly, and ask to be a direct client.

I did this and it's in the process of doing so.

yup,we are doing that.