Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting FiveM servers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting FiveM servers

Comments

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited May 2019

@Foul said:

jordynegen11 said: Well that's something de EU commision has to decide. They approved our complaint 2 weeks ago..

Lol! "Approved" doesn't mean anything.. It's going to fail in the end because FM has no jurisdiction in EU.

I mean you're here crying and all still; Yet you still sell FiveM servers.

I'm not saying it means enything before??? But now we are talking about: it means something. If FiveM didn't have any jurisdiction in the EU, they had declined our complaint.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What a hopeless mofo.

Let him be.

Thanked by 1pike
    edited May 2019

@Foul said:

jordynegen11 said: That's not true. If we win, in an extreme case, when FiveM does not complie. A judge can require a ban on sales in the EU.

They don't have to comply, but that's funny. a judge can't ban a modification of a game - that's like saying the judge will have to ban all of rockstar products in EU.

You're digging yourself a bigger hole here.

Do you not know what a FiveM is? It's not a modification. It's a application that allows you to make modifications in GTA V.

• FoulFoul Member
    edited May 2019

jordynegen11 said: If FiveM didn't have any jurisdiction in the EU, they had declined our complaint.

--double post--

• FoulFoul Member

jordynegen11 said: I'm not saying it means enything before??? But now we are talking about: it means something. If FiveM didn't have any jurisdiction in the EU, they had declined our complaint.

... That's not how it works buddy. I take it this is your first complaint ever... As @deank said.. they approve anything then it goes to further stages to be checked.

jordynegen11 said: Do you not know what a FiveM is? It's not a modification. It's a application that allows you to make modifications in GTA V.

... This is not what FiveM is but okay - That's basically saying you need fiveM to do any modifications in GTA V.. which you don't.

FiveM is a SERVER that you can SHARE MODIFICIATIONS to others.

You can do modifications just fine with scripthookv, edit textures and all with OpenIV for single player gta v.

He's not gonna listen. Let him be.

The guy is missing common sense.

Thanked by 2Foul pike
  • FoulFoul Member

deank said: He's not gonna listen. Let him be. The guy is missing common sense.

Guess the end is nigh for "FinalHosting"

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

Regardless of competition or not, you already violated their terms by selling their service for profit from the start, and now getting mad by being banned for doing so.

I don't see how and why you should create this thread and rant about their service from the start because you legitimately proved that your service is running on bad business practice and doesn't comply with 3rd party software (shady).

edited May 2019

@Foul said:

Indeedo, the end is nigh for his sanity as well as his company.

What a fucking wonderful way to fig one's own grave. Can't do much worse(or better) than this, lol

Thanked by 2Foul feezioxiii
  • @deank said:
    He's not gonna listen. Let him be.

The guy is missing common sense.

Just having a discussion. I listen.

edited May 2019

@deank said:

@Foul said:

What a fucking wonderful way to fig one's own grave. Can't do much worse(or better) than this, lol

Why do you say this? I create this thread to ask you a question and go in discussion. Im not sure why you involve my company in this like that..

But I see now.. because of some users here I can't have a normal discussion.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

@jordynegen11 said:

@deank said:

@Foul said:

Why do you say this? I create this thread to ask you a question and go in discussion. Im not sure why you involve my company in this like that..

You filled a complaint weeks ago and now try to find someone sharing your opinion, that's not the same as discussing.

Dude, the one thing you did not do in this entire thread is "Listen".

Thanked by 1First-Root
  • solairesolaire Member
    edited May 2019

Just be aware discussions like this may be used against you in court as this is an outright confession you're on violation of their terms.

Thanked by 2First-Root MasonR
  • @deank said:
    Dude, the one thing you did not do in this entire thread is "Listen".

Just because i dont agree with you doesnt mean I do not listen my friend.

• jordynegen11 said: We're thinking about selling the panel under license in the future.

It's unfair competition. Why only your company allowed to sell "YourVM"?

Does it make sense now?

Thanked by 1jordynegen11
    edited May 2019

@alexvolk said:

jordynegen11 said: We're thinking about selling the panel under license in the future.

It's unfair competition. Why only your company allowed to sell "YourVM"?

Does it make sense now?

I see what you mean but the products are diffrent here.

Did you ever see an other game that only allowed 1 hosting comany to sell servers and let the users host is by free?

edited May 2019

Just so you are aware.

If you do get EU to issue an order, FireM will have an actual case against you and may drag you into the court for damages. (Basically demanding to pay court/lawyer fees they wasted.)

It's possible because it all began with you violating their terms.

edited May 2019

@deank said:
    Just so you are aware.

If you do get EU to issue an order, FireM will have an actual case against you and may drag you into the court for damages. (Basically demanding to pay court/lawyer fees they wasted.)

It's possible because it all began with you violating their terms.

Let them come? We wouldn't do this if we weren't sure and have inssurance for that in the Netherlands. :smile:

• hzrhzr Member

jordynegen11 said: Did you ever see an other game that only allowed 1 hosting comany to sell servers and let the users host is by free?

SCUM only allowed rented servers from GPORTAL

Fine, so be it. Insurance my arse.

Thanked by 1pike
  • @hzr said:

jordynegen11 said: Did you ever see an other game that only allowed 1 hosting comany to sell servers and let the users host is by free?

SCUM only allowed rented servers from GPORTAL

'Allowed' so not anymore?

• hzrhzr Member

jordynegen11 said: 'Allowed' so not anymore?

As far as I know gportal is still the exclusive rental service.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

There are some. @hzr already mentioned one (btw congrats on your modship). War of Rights is another which only lets you rent servers from GPORTAL and WoR doesn't even release the server files publicly.

If the game devs want to shoot themselves in the foot by not allowing a multitude of hosts profit off their hard work, then so be it. But that doesn't give you the right to violate their terms and then cry about it when you got caught. This all reminds me of when TeamSpeak changed up their licensing system and resulted in a ton of sketchy hosts having to close up shop since they couldn't sell their cheap, cracked servers anymore.

edited May 2019

@hzr is a mod now?

Damn, poo. The end is clearly nigh. I rather miss the days when @MayR was a mod.

@hzr, give me a warning for fun.

Thanked by 2MasonR pike
  • SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

How many times do mobile phone manufacturers only allow a single provider to offer their phones? You are in the wrong here.

Thanked by 1jordynegen11
  • malekmalek Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

@deank said:
    They approve anything. Doesn't mean you will win.

You won't win. Even if you win, if FireM has no presence in EU (offices, etc), they can gleefully ignore it.

In fact, FiveM isn't a company, it's just a hobby project - at least that was the case some years ago. It's the same group of devs that worked on fourDeltaOne/alterIW back in the days (mostly one guy based in NL though, which I won't name here).

If you take a look at their ToS, you'll find that the "CitizenFX collective" isn't clearly defined anywhere (company or something else). So it's probably more of a 'please don't break these rules, it's not nice and the community won't like it'.

That being said, I'm not a legal expert so YMMV - I know for a fact that they had problems with Take-Two, just like with ATVI in the past so they could probably get shut down tomorrow. Probably not the best business idea.

Anyways, if you REALLY want to host these, I'd add a FiveM setup option (billed separately).

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

Why do you hate the free market? Why are you trying to get the government involved in how the FiveM developers run their business and licensing their product? The developers invest a lot of time and money into a project they offer to the world for free and you're response it to take them to court because you can't profit off of their hard work? This is sickening to read.

edited May 2019

Well, to sum it up for those who don't wanna read. Facts only.

1. OP breaks FiveM's terms.
    2. FiveM blocks OP's servers.
    3. OP files a complaint to EU or something in order to force FiveM's hands.
    4. Came to LET to get support. Got none.
  • I can not believe it, @OP still fusing after so many comments against it..