Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi: flash sale ? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi: flash sale ?

Comments

• @deank said:
    You can't complain about the delivery time on these deals. Ditch them if you can't wait. Others will take them in a heart beat.

They aren't scammers for sure.

The Send is Nigh.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Serenity now.

• Wait, what?

Who said that!?

• Oh. Serenity, not Senility.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Stop smoking wood barks.

• @willie said:

schettada said: I'm trying to find out the order delivery timeline. I placed one order around 6 hrs ago and other one around an hour ago. no news on either of them.

It's normal for them to take a day or so. This is a great deal and I should just move all my stuff to a couple of them (backups to storage VPS) and call it a day.

Historically Kimsufi always had 1 disk and SYS has had 2 disks. These days there are some 2 disk Kimsufis but they seem like an anomaly.

Hey @ninzo59 how about an scp/rsync backup storage offer competitive with Hetzner StorageBox? That would be better than those ARM servers. They could have RAID-6 and you wouldn't have worry about people seeding from them. I'd want around 3TB of it if the price is right. I'm currently using Kimsufi and C14 for these purposes but it's a pain. I know about OVH archival object storage but the transfer costs are unaffordable.

Some way to backup and recovery very easy if the only 1 disk die? i3 or i5 with 100mbps is ok for me, but im afraid with only 1 disk :(

• optisoft said: Some way to backup and recovery very easy if the only 1 disk die?

You just have to take an incremental backup every so often, maybe from a nightly script. Or if you are hosting a live database, you'd use replication. You have to do something like that even with RAID. It's true that you have a longer outage without RAID. So you have to decide whether you're willing to pay for another disk to decrease the likelihood of such a disruption. In my case it's just personal projects so I don't mind temporary outages.

Thanked by 2optisoft rm_
  • well ... so I held off until tonight, but finally talked myself into getting a Beauharnois KS-10.

Ordered and installed while cooking dinner.

I was in fact provisioned an i5-2300.

Such is life - doesn't really matter vs i5-3570 for intended purpose.

Yes, I'm actually putting this one to work (on a nightly batch job, so shouldn't particularly notice whatever difference in processing time).

And still idling my RAIS (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Servers) in Roubaix, for great justice.

• uptime said: RAIS (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Servers)

That just cracked me up!

I however have RUQUS [Ridiculously Underutlized QUestionably-priced Servers] and it is causing some let-me-put-it-this-way ahem, turbulence ruckus in my life.

Thanked by 2uptime NanoG6
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited April 2019

RAIS (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Servers)

aka "an heir, and a spare, and another one over there"

though one of the Roubaix has RAID, my setup in Beauharnois does not - but has accidentally evolved into a RAIS, as follows:

Originally had a KS-10 idling there at $23/month. (This replaced a previous idler that cost $28 a month - so the new one was $5 a month "in the black" from a certain warped point of view. But nevermind all that.)

A few months ago I picked up a Beauharnois KS-7 at $11 /month and dropped the $23 KS-10.

But I ended up missing the 16 GB ram on the KS-10.

So now adding the KS-10 back at $15, and wanting to keep the $11 KS-7 (decent price, ok, but really mainly "sunk cost" psychology aka setup fee) ... Rationalized as follows:

I was paying $23/month for KS-10 (call it $24 per month taking into account setup fee amortized over previous 12 months).

Now I'm paying $26/month for a KS-10 plus a KS-7 (call it roughly $28 per month anticipating amortized setup fees for both over the next 12 months). So that's just a couple bucks per "redundant" terabyte of storage compared to the previous scenario with the $23 KS-10.

Using the KS-7 to backup the KS-10 seems convenient enough. So that's the RAIS concept coming into play.

It's not exactly a hot spare (because just 8 GB ram and weaker processor on the KS-7) - nor is it "another one over there" because it's in the same data center - but it suffices for my current rationalization process. At some point I'm expecting to see something else in the $25 to $30 price range that changes my rationalization calculation, but I expect this to hold up reasonably well until then.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. (For now.)

EDIT2: talking about the $11 KS-7 (not KS-4, ooops)

• FalzoFalzo Member

@nullnothere @uptime you should definitly try something like this:

or even this:

feels good. and helps with spending money on shiny new boxes

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Falzo said: feels good.

I'm already having withdrawal symptoms just thinking about cancellation.

What is the secret to your magical powers and strength that you are able to hit that cancel button? Clearly you didn't do it under the influence because by now you'd have undone it.

I on the other hand have magical powers and strength that allow me to hit most order buttons irrespective of the state of the negative balance in my wallet or credit cards.

Besides, the KS are usually lifetime value propositions (granted I've released and reacquired the N2800 Atoms a few times - often after I've had particularly nasty or painful experiences with slow/inconsistent networks on VPSs and how when you need data they're just not easy enough to fetch. The KSs though are pretty much always there and never disappoint!)

Thanked by 2angstrom Falzo
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited April 2019

lol the server of Damocles ... I've been meaning to cancel a few already since last month but have instead been busy gorging on Easter deals or whatever.

Generally takes me longer to move off a server than to move onto one (usually storage deals). So I get nervous if some arbitrary deadline might lead to a glitch in my matrix. When I can just pay again until next month ...

Kündigung vorgemerkt ??? Sage einfach nein !

Until I realize I've spent more in a month on idle servers than I have on weed and beer. Then it's time to reassess priorities for sure.

Thanked by 3angstrom Falzo Letzien
  • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

KS-10 (CA - Beauharnois Datacenter) SOLDOUT. Still in FR though.

Thanked by 1willie
  • @ninzo59 said:

Waiting for next flash sales. Any other inline to offload from KS-x?

• Stop with the nonsense and give me i5 16Gb ram 2 tb disk €8.99 already 😉

• sinsin Member

The network on the one I got isn't as good as my old one :( think I might stick with my KS-7.

• JohnGJohnG Member

@sin said:
    The network on the one I got isn't as good as my old one :( think I might stick with my KS-7.

Well, for me it’s a whole lot better than the 10 Mbit I have with my turnkeyinternet dedi... :lol:

This will be great for me as I can consolidate 2 or 3 other small VPSes and that one toy dedi onto a proper server. In Canada too, so I can honestly answer those US tax questions about not having any presence in the US when selling apps there. Thanks for the deal :smile:

Thanked by 1sin
  • Well i like how my ks atom got from 5 euros with 500gb year ago, to 6 euros 2tb from last sale. And those atoms are reliable for me at least, im using it for plex, direct stream on kodi without any problem at all. I can stream 2/3 at the same time without buffering, dont need ssd also, wont stream it faster :) So depends your needs, u cant find cheap dedis for plex for 6 euros. Probably will stay with me till i need more then 1080p stream.

Nice deals as always KS team. GL in your sales they go fast :)

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @ninzo59 when will have better stock on KS12 CA to have some flash?

Will never have new stock on KS9 CA ?

Some option to have something on raid on short future?

• ZurgZurg Member

@ninzo59 or somebody else.
    On the page:
    https://www.soyoustart.com/us/game-servers/
    it says 16 IPs with no monthly fees, however the link goes to Failover IPs.
    https://www.soyoustart.com/us/failover-ip.xml

So my Q is are those 16 IPs just for failover or can I use all 16 IPs at the same time?

Thanks

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2019

Zurg said: So my Q is are those 16 IPs just for failover or can I use all 16 IPs at the same time?

Yes you can use all IPs at the same time. It's just their weird term for additional IPs.

Thanked by 1Zurg
  • @ninzo59 said:

how long it is usually take to deploy a soldout server?

• seven pounds of flax

• donlidonli Member

@puerklint said:

@ninzo59 said:

how long it is usually take to deploy a soldout server?

Soldout Kimsufi servers will be deployed when you least expect it.

Thanked by 2uptime puerklint
  • wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited April 2019

And when the KS-10 comes in stock again, it will not be for the price of the flash sale: it will have it's normal price again ...

• @wlambrechts said:
    And when the KS-10 comes in stock again, it will not be for the price of the flash sale: it will have it's normal price again ...

i already paid my server , "Your order was paid on 25/04/2019 a 11:07:05 - Your order is in progress" , but they need to check my payment manually , and the payment is checked a few hours after ninzo says the server is sold out, so i dont know when i will get my server

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited April 2019

can indeed take from a few hours to multiple days ...
    Unfortunately you also risk in not having the server as it was sold out meanwhile...

• @wlambrechts said:
    can indeed take from a few hours to multiple days ...
    Unfortunately you also risk in not having the server as it was sold out meanwhile...

Thanked by 1puerklint
  • @ninzo59 can u share with us if kimsufi will have some new models or services soon? something planed? thanks