Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cpanel.net is trying to shutdown my free hosting website - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cpanel.net is trying to shutdown my free hosting website

1235»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

angstrom said: Anyway, it may be more difficult for cPanel to go after a domain with a country TLD such as co.uk than a domain with .com.

Maybe but I think it'll just be a speed bump. I'm sure cPanel does plenty of business in the UK and has the phone number of a solicitor or two.

I love OP's demented "we don't use any trademarks" and yet his logo is the cPanel logo with the colors changes.

Meanwhile, I'm off to my new hosting venture, TheFreeAmazonWebServices.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @raindog308 said:
    Meanwhile, I'm off to my new hosting venture, TheFreeAmazonWebServices.

Good luck with your new venture, sounds like winning formula. Maybe you could find a ready made logo on Google 😆. Don’t forget to change the colours though!

LeonDynamic said: Don’t forget to change the colours though!

Totally frustrates the lawyers when you do that. They are powerless then.

• There any many domains that use the world cPanel which had no issues with cPanel but you have used there logo etc and there's no way you can win this case.

On the other hand there are sites like instantcpanellicense.com which cPanel have no issues with.

• SkyNetHostingSkyNetHosting Member
    edited September 2019

duplicate post pls remove

• You guys are aware that the OP has not been on LET again since May 2019?

• Hot damn how does this guy still have a computer? I figured he would have been long gone after cPanel took all of his money and his left kidney.

• @Amitz said:
    You guys are aware that the OP has not been on LET again since May 2019?

I was aware that the OP was long gone.

@liampogi necroposted above. Perhaps I/we should have called him out for this, but at the same time, it was a relevant update to the topic of the thread.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @bugrakoc said:
    Hot damn how does this guy still have a computer? I figured he would have been long gone after cPanel took all of his money and his left kidney.

cPanel took his .com domain, but this may have been all. They will probably try to take more, but this will take more time.

This guy is using their trademark without permission and engages in misleading advertising, but it seems unlikely that he has taken a significant part of cPanel's market, so beyond the domain names, he probably isn't high priority for cPanel.

Amitz said: You guys are aware that the OP has not been on LET again since May 2019?

Our mocking of him is evergreen!

• Yeah probably should just comply with them

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Makes me wonder...

What in the FAT32 is this thread still going on for?

Thanked by 2AuroraZ FAT32
  • deank said: What in the FAT32 is this thread still going on for?

It can is why, this might be an ever lasting thread. This could be the one!!!