Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LIMITED OFFER ! 1 ipv4-10tb traffic for less 0.84 eur/mo located in Romania port speed 1gbps VPS - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LIMITED OFFER ! 1 ipv4-10tb traffic for less 0.84 eur/mo located in Romania port speed 1gbps VPS

Comments

• skorousskorous Member

If you don't mind my asking, where are you located geographically?

• I should mention that over the past few hours I've had some network issues, timeouts mostly. Not complaining, it's not as though I depend on it :)

• ps20090ps20090 Member

@skorous said:

Romiania

Romania is a southeastern European country known for the forested region of Transylvania, ringed by the Carpathian Mountains. Its preserved medieval towns include Sighişoara, and there are many fortified churches and castles, notably clifftop Bran Castle, long associated with the Dracula legend. Bucharest, the country’s capital, is the site of the gigantic, Communist-era Palatul Parlamentului government building.

Thanked by 1cociu
  • cociucociu Member

dahartigan said: I should mention that over the past few hours I've had some network issues, timeouts mostly. Not complaining, it's not as though I depend on it

yesterday durring some hours we have receive a huge ddos atack , sorry for all inconvenience

Thanked by 2RedSox dahartigan
  • donlidonli Member

@ps20090 said:

@skorous said:

Romiania

Romania is a southeastern European country known for the forested region of Transylvania, ringed by the Carpathian Mountains. Its preserved medieval towns include Sighişoara, and there are many fortified churches and castles, notably clifftop Bran Castle, long associated with the Dracula legend. Bucharest, the country’s capital, is the site of the gigantic, Communist-era Palatul Parlamentului government building.

Rumania, Rumania, Rumania, Rumania, Rumania, Rumania, Rumania

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @cociu said:

dahartigan said: I should mention that over the past few hours I've had some network issues, timeouts mostly. Not complaining, it's not as though I depend on it

yesterday durring some hours we have receive a huge ddos atack , sorry for all inconvenience

I figured it might have been that, there seems to be a ddos doing the rounds. No need to be sorry, I'm happy it works when it works, when it doesn't work I go fishing.

• jamujajamuja Member
    edited May 2019

Deleted. Wrong thread

• @cociu can i upgrade from 0.50 eur/mo to this one, and if yes how :) ?

• skorousskorous Member

Sorry @ps20090, I was asking @dahartigan because he seems to get better throughput by a goodly margin than I'm able. Wondered if he might be on the other side of the pond.

• @skorous said:
    Sorry @ps20090, I was asking @dahartigan because he seems to get better throughput by a goodly margin than I'm able. Wondered if he might be on the other side of the pond.

@skorous said:

Oh, sorry I didn't catch that. I'm in Australia.

My connection to Romania is terrible, let's just get that out there.

I had a vps in Dallas that I was able to get about 50MB/sec from Romania to, and my other comparison was to a hetzner server in Germany.

My connection to Germany also sucks.

I hope that helps you

• skorousskorous Member

dahartigan said: I had a vps in Dallas that I was able to get about 50MB/sec from Romania

dahartigan said: I hope that helps you

Not in the least. It makes me horribly jealous. :) Thanks, appreciate having something to bench against. I've been using Chicago and London. I'll see where I stand after the DDOS passes.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • jamujajamuja Member
    edited May 2019

Still ongoing DDOS? my VPS is superslow all day long.

~# ping github.com
    PING github.com (140.82.118.4) 56(84) bytes of data.
    ^C
    --- github.com ping statistics ---
    139 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 138173ms

• skorousskorous Member

jamuja said: Still ongoing DDOS? my VPS is superslow all day long.

My issue appears to have cleared up for what that's worth.

• jamujajamuja Member

@skorous said:

jamuja said: Still ongoing DDOS? my VPS is superslow all day long.

My issue appears to have cleared up for what that's worth.

Are you sure ? you are very lucky. My VPS is unreachable.

• caramacarama Member

@datanoise said:

carama said: is it normal

Sounds normal. Enjoy some green tea while waiting. You can even go camping if you so desire.

They activated me already, good! but there is no access by SSH, bad !!! I already opened a ticket, I hope they tell me something. Thank you.

• ps20090ps20090 Member

@carama said:

@datanoise said:

Sounds normal. Enjoy some green tea while waiting. You can even go camping if you so desire.

They activated me already, good! but there is no access by SSH, bad !!! I already opened a ticket, I hope they tell me something. Thank you.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157801/this-is-like-a-scammer-want-to-win-some-peanuts-ddos-threatened#latest

They were/are currently under DDOS attack and someone is asking ransom, so cociu is busy installing some anti DDOS i think, i am not sure what truth voxitility is. His team will assist you soon.

• caramacarama Member

@ps20090 said:

@carama said:

@datanoise said:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157801/this-is-like-a-scammer-want-to-win-some-peanuts-ddos-threatened#latest

They were/are currently under DDOS attack and someone is asking ransom, so cociu is busy installing some anti DDOS i think, i am not sure what truth voxitility is. His team will assist you soon.

Ok thank you, but I find it strange that if I ping my ip lose all the packages, I understand that with a ddos attack it is slower but it works.

• psb777psb777 Member

carama said: Ok thank you, but I find it strange that if I ping my ip lose all the packages, I understand that with a ddos attack it is slower but it works.

Probably they misconfigured your VPS from the very beginning. Mine has never been reachable since provisioning, and now after two weeks they still have not fixed it.

• Hi, interested in this. Is it still available?

• defaultdefault Veteran

@ferbulous said:
    Hi, interested in this. Is it still available?

I don't think this offer is still available, OpenVZ 6 as a whole will no longer be available starting November either.

• skorousskorous Member

default said: OpenVZ 6 as a whole will no longer be available starting November

It'll be out of support. That doesn't necessarily mean it'll be unavailable.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • defaultdefault Veteran

Ok, let's use Windows 98, because is light and still available. Good luck with using OpenVZ6, I promise not to stop you.

• skorousskorous Member

Your statement was false. I corrected it. No need to get testy.

• RamiRami Member
    edited May 2019

@default Most of the people here use it for torrent, So I don't think this will matter

• uptimeuptime Member

Eventually someone will write a worm to apply patches (and then mine shitcoins)

• So why can't cociu just upgrade to OVZ7?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@hostnoob said:
    So why can't cociu just upgrade to OVZ7?

Proxmox doesnt support it.

Francisco

• RamiRami Member

@cociu can you check my ticket please #152997, Thanks

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Rami said:
    @cociu can you check my ticket please #152997, Thanks

Wait in line please... some of us are waiting for more than 1 week.

Thanked by 1skorous