Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LIMITED OFFER ! 1 ipv4-10tb traffic for less 0.84 eur/mo located in Romania port speed 1gbps VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LIMITED OFFER ! 1 ipv4-10tb traffic for less 0.84 eur/mo located in Romania port speed 1gbps VPS

Comments

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2019

@Foul said:
    No thanks, your support is pretty bad.

Nothing but ancient hardware/hypervisors

Would you like to get Intel scalable gold and 5* support with 10 euro/year?

Nice deal.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 2019

I have made my peace with not being able to upgrade out of Ubuntu 14.04.
    I just threw up nginx from ondrej's PPA in front of my NF/HB0/FX isos for family and friends. (+h5ai and .htpasswd)

I figure there's not a lot that can go wrong with this attack surface. :cold_sweat:

Everything can re-sourced from trackers if it goes tits up.

• ehabehab Member

@angstrom said:
    Perhaps you want to try? :smile:

this reminds me of

• I don't see what the big deal is. Debian 8 is LTS until June 2020, so if you buy it for 1 year only you will have an LTS distro the whole time. If you want security, use a KVM or get a dedi.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@dahartigan said:
    I don't see what the big deal is. Debian 8 is LTS until June 2020, so if you buy it for 1 year only you will have an LTS distro the whole time. If you want security, use a KVM or get a dedi.

I've just taken a look, and templates for CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 16.04 are also available, so the situation is better than I had expected.

• @angstrom said:

@dahartigan said:
    I don't see what the big deal is. Debian 8 is LTS until June 2020, so if you buy it for 1 year only you will have an LTS distro the whole time. If you want security, use a KVM or get a dedi.

I've just taken a look, and templates for CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 16.04 are also available, so the situation is better than I had expected.

Yep, and I'm pretty sure Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is good for another couple of years. Unsure about centos..

• noobkilervipnoobkilervip Member
    edited April 2019

@vokagain said:
    “Web Hosting Server is the lifeline of every website. It should be up and running 24/7.” Get VPS Hosting now at flat 50% Off only at AGM WEB HOSTING. Special Offer only available for Limited time period. Hurry Up! Visit Now: https://www.agmwebhosting.com/linux-vps-hosting.php

the end is nigh with no provider tag posting offers ...
    Please take a look at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-04th-sep-2018/p1

• @angstrom said:

@dahartigan said:

But 16.04 not a minimal one ..wonder how much space it consumes from the 10gb

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2019

@vokagain said:
    “Web Hosting Server is the lifeline of every website. It should be up and running 24/7.” Get VPS Hosting now at flat 50% Off only at SPAMMER WEB HOSTING. Special Offer only available for Limited time period. Hurry Up! Visit Now: https://www.i-am-a-spammer.com/linux-vps-hosting.php

Joined and hour ago and putting an offer on another host's offer page without even a provider tag... GTFO

@FAT32 @doghouch

Thanked by 1FAT32

@Edding said:

@angstrom said:

@dahartigan said:

But 16.04 not a minimal one ..wonder how much space it consumes from the 10gb

Yeah, too bad that it's not minimal. I guess that you could simply delete what you don't need.

Thanked by 1pike
  • Well, so my

1vCore

2GB RAM

75GB SSD

1Gbit

for 1EUR is a very good deal.

• cociucociu Member

angstrom said: I've just taken a look, and templates for CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 16.04 are also available, so the situation is better than I had expected.

yes is the maximum what tis kerne is support.

• @cociu - any hope of getting IPv6 on these in the near future (you had mentioned IPv6 for dedis are already being provisioned).

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • cociucociu Member

nullnothere said: @cociu - any hope of getting IPv6 on these in the near future (you had mentioned IPv6 for dedis are already being provisioned).

yes we have ipv6 , what i need is see how to control and alocate the ipv6 with the modulesfactory for vps ... will tard some month more to have ipv6 in vps plans.

Thanked by 2nullnothere Erik
  • nullnothere said: @cociu - any hope of getting IPv6 on these in the near future (you had mentioned IPv6 for dedis are already being provisioned).

I noticed last night that I actually have IPv6 on one of my other VPS through Cociu. Not sure when it showed up but there it is.

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • FoulFoul Member

bacloud said: Would you like to get Intel scalable gold and 5* support with 10 euro/year?

Your comment is pretty irrelevant to anything i said. Don't try to stir the pot buddy. Nobody said anything about budget, only you did.

• Foul said: Your comment is pretty irrelevant to anything i said. Don't try to stir the pot buddy. Nobody said anything about budget, only you did.

To be fair, budget is relevant. You wouldn't pay Tata Motors prices and then complain it didn't have heated leather seats and wood trim like your BMW. I'm not taking any position on the oh so well discussed issues but claiming budget isn't a relevant mitigating factor isn't right either.

• FoulFoul Member

skorous said: To be fair, budget is relevant. You wouldn't pay Tata Motors prices and then complain it didn't have heated leather seats and wood trim like your BMW. I'm not taking any position on the oh so well discussed issues but claiming budget isn't a relevant mitigating factor isn't right either.

Talking about bad support/hypervisor = Budget.

Great logic there.

Thanked by 1AIO
  • Great reading comprehension. I never said they were equivalent. I said at that price my expectations are lower. If I'm paying $10/mo I reasonably expect a team of people and response times consistently in the few hour range. At $1/month I expect it to be a one man operation and thing to back up when they get busy. Was 'mitigating' too big a word?

• skorous said: I noticed last night that I actually have IPv6 on one of my other VPS through Cociu. Not sure when it showed up but there it is.

Nice. So does it work? Have you tried using it for anything substantial?

@cociu - separately, while I know that there is no support to upgrade from the provided templates, why is it that the reinstall (in case something gets messed up) is still broken? Will you be fixing that soon as well (in the interest of not having to deal with tickets and allowing for a few of us adventurous folks to try and experiment and help the rest by being guinea pigs)?

@nullnothere said: @cociu - separately, while I know that there is no support to upgrade from the provided templates, why is it that the reinstall (in case something gets messed up) is still broken? Will you be fixing that soon as well (in the interest of not having to deal with tickets and allowing for a few of us adventurous folks to try and experiment and help the rest by being guinea pigs)?

It would be nice, but since this issue concerning the broken reinstall function has been with them for years now, I assume that it's not trivial to fix. As has been noted here before, they've done an in-house modification somewhere, which either broke reinstall unintentionally or broke it intentionally.

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • nullnothere said: Nice. So does it work? Have you tried using it for anything substantial?

It does work. I logged in via that interface and then talked out to some of my other ipv6 nodes. I haven't stressed it at all though. I was surprised it arrived so just verifying it worked made me happy. :)

nullnothere said: why is it that the reinstall (in case something gets messed up) is still broken?

Thanks for asking that. I wondered about that too. It would seem that nothing you do inside the VPS should stop it from being recreated from the template.

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • Oh, it's this thread again.

• ehabehab Member

i have been resisting not to say

if its openvz "Wouldn't touch it with @Letzien's penis." -@AuroraZ

• ehabehab Member

• cociucociu Member

skorous said: I noticed last night that I actually have IPv6 on one of my other VPS through Cociu. Not sure when it showed up but there it is.

yes some of vps have ipv6 yet but we are still testing so do not get it like a fix problem , maybe lather your ipv6 will change , for the moment we do some test with some nodes.

• cociucociu Member

one ipv6 /vm verry soon in all our services , we are working this weekend to implement it. Also the old orders will benefit of ipv6. Thanks all

Thanked by 3nullnothere atErik Erik
  • @cociu said: one ipv6 /vm verry soon in all our services , we are working this weekend to implement it. Also the old orders will benefit of ipv6.

This is great news. Thanks.

Separately any comments on:

why is it that the reinstall (in case something gets messed up) is still broken? Will you be fixing that soon as well (in the interest of not having to deal with tickets and allowing for a few of us adventurous folks to try and experiment and help the rest by being guinea pigs)?

If this becomes available, I think the LET crowd can work on getting for e.g. a Debian 9 template because of which all the users will benefit. As long as you're not infected with the systemd-virus, it should work fine on a 2.6.x kernel without issues.

Thanked by 1atErik
    edited April 2019

@nullnothere said:
    If this becomes available, I think the LET crowd can work on getting for e.g. a Debian 9 template because of which all the users will benefit. As long as you're not infected with the systemd-virus, it should work fine on a 2.6.x kernel without issues.

Although this is a bit off-topic, it seems to me that Devuan ASCII would/should be a better choice for OVZ6 than Debian 9, but unfortunately, there are no official Devuan templates available for OVZ6.

• @angstrom said: Although this is a bit off-topic, it seems to me that Devuan ASCII would/should be a better choice for OVZ6 than Debian 9, but unfortunately, there are no official Devuan templates for OVZ6.

I've got Debian 9 setup on one of my OVZ6 (2.6.32) VPSs and it works fine - granted it is a minimal setup but I pretty much don't use (or rather get rid of) systemd - so I don't really anticipate difficulties with Debian 9 for my typical usage pattern.

Granted there are some instances where I do need systemd (Proxmox are you reading?) and I've not yet invested the time in getting rid of it as yet (in Proxmox's case it's an indirect dependency it seems but needs more time and finessing so I've given up for now).

Any reason you prefer Devuan instead?