Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna) - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna)

Comments

• SkanderSkander Member

@poisson said:
    Sometimes, given how impatient people are here, should just triple or quadruple the expected response time just to manage expectations and mute people who claims they have no problems waiting but then write something about being made to wait.

If you're referencing me, I only made a suggestion to avoid ETAs that cannot be kept.
    (which happened again).

I could care less myself how long it takes.

• sanvitsanvit Member

I know pople are pissed up a bit but let's give them some time. They sould be as pissed up as us due to psychz delaying the installation of servers. And I would prefer waiting a few more and get a good working server (especially since this is a storage server some may have some important files on it) rather than them rushing to meet the ETA and misconfiguring something and loose the data (even if those are backups, re uploading can be a PITA). It's not like they are going to be running away with your money or something. Plus, if you don't want to wait, you can always request a refund

Thanked by 3uptime poisson skorous
  • uptimeuptime Member

instant gratification delayed is instant gratification denied

• inzxwaxinzxwax Member

I/O Speed( 1.0GB ) : 1.1 GB/s
    Average I/O Speed : 1126.4 MB/s

Good~

Thanked by 1uptime
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@inzxwax said:

Good~

Is this Chicago NVMe?

• poissonpoisson Member

@uptime said:
    instant gratification delayed is instant gratification denied

Some of these reactions make me think they might really jizz in their pants prematurely when they log into their account to find their account set up.

Thanked by 2cybertech uptime
  • inzxwaxinzxwax Member
    edited May 2019

@sanvit said:

@inzxwax said:

Good~

Is this Chicago NVMe?

Yes

Thanked by 2uptime sanvit
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited May 2019

ultimately it's all just a bunch of ones and zeroes anyway (usually mostly zeroes!) so i dunno what's the big deal :)

• daozhidaozhi Member

regret choosing LA rather than Chicago. waiting for another promotion.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited May 2019

daozhi said: waiting for another promotion.

cybertech said: leftover deals.

...would limit your wait. But will there be any? :wink:

• 2019-05-13 10:04:37 (45.7 MB/s) - “/dev/null” saved [125000000/125000000]

Very satisfied with it.

• EHRAEHRA Member

So many complaints from those who took advantage of the promotion and I here upset by having lost it the party.

• DustlabDustlab Member

Delays are real but delivered as promised and good quality as expected. Niceone @Abdullah well managed through the #hardcheaphardships.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited May 2019

check your inboxes - I got mine (1 tb chicago storage) about an hour ago with some notes regarding IP geolocation etc and a request to provide feedback if anything else needs attention .

Seems that they're rolling them out slowly and taking nothing for granted - with all due respect for the recent history of this deployment I suppose.

Just hopped on to lock it down a bit ... but may be a few hours before I can get back to kick the tires a bit more. So I'm gonna shut it back down for now, as one does.

(In true "hurry up and wait" mode).

:)

Thanked by 2skorous sin
  • SkanderSkander Member

Mine was just provisioned as well. Reinstalled as instructed.

Here's a quick nench.

Thanks @Abdullah

Thanked by 1uptime
  • guyz92guyz92 Member

Just gotten a VPS deployed by HostHatch, unfortunately the KVM Storage was not deployed instead I am issued with the Chicago NVMe Yearly Package.

I have powered off this VPS Service and is currently waiting for the Sales teams to correct this problem.

Anybody else gotten their server deployed wrongly?

Thanked by 2uptime cybertech
  • uptimeuptime Member

@guyz92

my chicago 1 tb storage was provisioned with the expected ram and storage - however I did note this in the email I received:

Please note that your server already has the upgraded specifications as per the promotion, but this may not reflect on the /servers page. You will need to once reinstall the server before use for the upgraded specifications to take effect inside your server.

Did you try doing a reinstall ...?

By the way, cpu details for mine:

model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
    pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc
    arch_perfmon rep_good nopl xtopology pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 
    x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm
    ssbd ibrs ibpb stibp kaiser fsgsbase tsc_adjust smep erms xsaveopt arat

• guyz92guyz92 Member

@uptime said:
    @guyz92

my chicago 1 tb storage was provisioned with the expected ram and storage - however I did note this in the email I received:

Please note that your server already has the upgraded specifications as per the promotion, but this may not reflect on the /servers page. You will need to once reinstall the server before use for the upgraded specifications to take effect inside your server.

Did you try doing a reinstall ...?

By the way, cpu details for mine:

model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
    pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc
    arch_perfmon rep_good nopl xtopology pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 
    x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm
    ssbd ibrs ibpb stibp kaiser fsgsbase tsc_adjust smep erms xsaveopt arat

The allocated IP address range is the same as the SSD customer, the control panel did show 0.5GB SSD instead of KVM storage.

The message state to reinstall I think they just copy and paste the template message for those package that are eligible for the double resource upgrade package.

I will just have to wait again for them to recreate the correct package and to remove the wrongly provision server.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • sinsin Member
    edited May 2019

Chicago NVMe

geekbench: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13124232

cpu:

processor   : 0
    vendor_id   : GenuineIntel
    cpu family  : 6
    model       : 62
    model name  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    stepping    : 4
    microcode   : 0x1
    cpu MHz     : 3000.058
    cache size  : 16384 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings    : 1
    core id     : 0
    cpu cores   : 1
    apicid      : 0
    initial apicid  : 0
    fpu     : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level : 13
    wp      : yes
    flags       : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon rep_good nopl xtopology cpuid tsc_known_freq pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm pti ssbd ibrs ibpb stibp fsgsbase tsc_adjust smep erms xsaveopt arat
    bugs        : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass l1tf
    bogomips    : 6000.11
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

iperf3 -c ping.online.net -p 5202

[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr  Cwnd
    [  4]   0.00-1.00   sec  8.53 MBytes  71.6 Mbits/sec    0   4.24 MBytes       
    [  4]   1.00-2.00   sec   111 MBytes   927 Mbits/sec    0   31.2 MBytes       
    [  4]   2.00-3.00   sec   112 MBytes   940 Mbits/sec    0   31.8 MBytes       
    [  4]   3.00-4.00   sec   112 MBytes   943 Mbits/sec    0   31.8 MBytes       
    [  4]   4.00-5.00   sec   112 MBytes   942 Mbits/sec    0   31.8 MBytes       
    [  4]   5.00-6.00   sec   112 MBytes   939 Mbits/sec    8   31.8 MBytes       
    [  4]   6.00-7.00   sec   112 MBytes   943 Mbits/sec    0   31.8 MBytes       
    [  4]   7.00-8.00   sec   112 MBytes   939 Mbits/sec    0   31.8 MBytes       
    [  4]   8.00-9.00   sec   113 MBytes   944 Mbits/sec    0   31.8 MBytes       
    [  4]   9.00-10.00  sec   112 MBytes   943 Mbits/sec    0   31.8 MBytes       
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr
    [  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  1017 MBytes   853 Mbits/sec    8             sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  1016 MBytes   853 Mbits/sec                  receiver

System Info
    -----------
    Processor   : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    CPU Cores   : 1
    Frequency   : 3000.058 MHz
    Memory      : 1995 MB
    Swap        :  MB
    Uptime      : 1:08,

OS      : Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Arch        : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel      : 4.19.0-0.bpo.4-amd64
    Hostname    : need.more.coffee.and.caffeine

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is need.more.coffee.and.caffeine

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    176MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      45.6MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   60.9MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   47.9MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   52.0MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   82.7MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      15.8MB/s 
    Singapore       Softlayer   13.6MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     28.8MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    68.4MB/s 

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 1.1 GB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 1.1 GB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 1.1 GB/s
    Average I/O : 1.1 MB/s

hdparm:

hdparm -Tt /dev/vda1

/dev/vda1:
     Timing cached reads:   20362 MB in  1.99 seconds = 10215.79 MB/sec
     Timing buffered disk reads: 5096 MB in  3.00 seconds = 1697.70 MB/sec

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Still waiting for mine. Not in a hurry though, just sayin'...

Thanked by 1uptime
  • williewillie Member

Are they on offer again? I missed that part.

• uptimeuptime Member

Are they on offer again?

@willie I haven't seen anything to indicate anything other than the pre-orders now being fulfilled.

But maybe there were some cancellations - might be worth checking with @Abdullah

• williewillie Member

Meh, thanks anyway but it would just mean another round of "must... resist..." for me. Better to not be tempted. Heh.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited May 2019

Network is fast my man!

EDIT2:

(got 39 MB/s from Chicago to Hosthatch storage in LA)

Thanked by 2sin sanvit
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@uptime said:
    Network is fast my man!

EDIT2:

(got 39 MB/s from Chicago to Hosthatch storage in LA)

What's the port speed for Chicago storage? LA node seems to be 10Gbit (hitting around 2Gbit on speedtest-cli and 3Gbit from Vultr)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited May 2019

@sanvit iperf to virmach chicago shows 1.44 Gbits/s

EDIT2: just spun up a chicago vultr: 5.17 Gbits/s

So yeah, looks like 10 Gbit port on Chicago HostHatch storage.

Feels good man

Thanked by 2sanvit vimalware
  • sinsin Member

uptime said: Network is fast my man!

Yup! I'm really happy with the network performance, great speeds and mtrs to my other servers look good.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ehabehab Member

@uptime said: ...so i dunno what's the big deal :)

more of uptime jeehhhhh

Thanked by 1uptime
  • sinsin Member

Incase anyone was interested, I asked and one of their support reps said that IPv6 will be available in Chicago within 1-2 weeks :).

• SkanderSkander Member

@sin said:
    Incase anyone was interested, I asked and one of their support reps said that IPv6 will be available in Chicago within 1-2 weeks :).

Was going to ask but didn't want to open a ticket when they're busy at this time.

Thanks for posting this!

Thanked by 1Wolf
This discussion has been closed.