Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna) - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna)

Comments

• wpyuelwpyuel Member

@Limpan said:
    I think Abdullah has stated before that promo/LET offer servers gets lower priority in the ticket/support queue.

I have a few servers with Hosthatch and they are performing great apart from a few reboots in Stockholm lately. I have no problem with waiting for support when paying peanuts. Haven’t had any major issues either.

If you want answers on tickets in a few minutes, raise your budget.

Priority can be as low as 24 hours without replying to the ticket

• poissonpoisson Member

Well, in my local Chinese dialect, we have a kinda crude saying reserved for people with unreasonable price expectations. Loosely translated, it goes:

Want it cheap, want it fresh, want big breasts, confirm get venereal disease! (referring to hos)

• wpyuelwpyuel Member

@Abdullah said:
    Hi guys,

to give you some background:

we signed the contract with our upstream (Psychz) on 22nd February and made our first payments. The go live date was 5th April (in time for our anniversary)

One of our guys flew from Stockholm to Chicago on the 4th to set up the new rack. All of our equipment was also delivered by this point.

We were told on the 4th that there has been a delay and the new ETA was 11th. At this point, our guy was at the datacenter reception and denied entry. So we wasted a flight, a hotel night and a few (really!) expensive ubers.

Since then, the ETA has been moved to 18th to 24th to 28th to 4th and to 9th. We are finally setting things up today and should be ready to deliver servers by the weekend (all VMs should be delivered by Sunday if nothing goes wrong). We will update the affected customers with the same info shortly too. I was waiting to see if there was going to be another delay today, and if so - simply proceed with full refunds (which we already offered to anyone who was not wanting to wait).

I had a conference call with 2 of Psychz's top guys on the previous weekend and was promised that this was an unprecedented delay and they will make up for it with the service quality. I do not have a doubt on that part. And these things do happen with companies of all sizes - believe me, we pay them far more than $7 per month.

Again - we have offered full refunds for people who have not wanted to wait.

@SirFoxy said:
    why I refuse to use it

I thought our solusvm theming was the reason but this one is pretty valid too. I'm sure you have others as well. Sorry to have lost your valuable business and best of luck to you.

Hi guys,
    Sunday is coming to an end.

• poissonpoisson Member

@wpyuel said:
    Hi guys,

Last I checked, it wasn't end of Sunday yet. Maybe it is not too late to ask AFTER Sunday has ended.

• wpyuelwpyuel Member

@poisson said:

@wpyuel said:
    Hi guys,

Last I checked, it wasn't end of Sunday yet. Maybe it is not too late to ask AFTER Sunday has ended.

soon

• Third deception

• guyz92guyz92 Member

HostHatch technical team are also human being, working weekends till late hours just to get it up requires great effort.

Maybe the man power cost is even more costly than the maximum of $7/m we paid to HostHatch.

Adding in operating cost like electricity and network capacity, I appreciate these lowendbox providers that are willing to offer these affordable VPS service.

For HostHatch representative like Abdullah, reading past post can show that HostHatch is very reasonable and transparent company, like the DirectAdmin incident due to null IP issue, customer treating HostHatch as managed providers while paying peanuts and the 6 of 8 SSD raid 10 failures incident in SSD11 node.

Just let HostHatch do the necessary configuration correctly to prevent future problem. It is better to do things right than rushing to get things done.

I won't mind to be a "beta tester" for the Chicago storage nodes as $15/y for 250GB storage is almost impossible to find anywhere.

• CrabCrab Member

I have absolutely no problems with waiting. Already got three of their storage plans on three different sites and looking forward getting Chicago too. Support might not be the fastest on the planet, but for the price point you cannot really complain since they'll get things fixed eventually anyways. Network is solid and stability very good.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • williewillie Member
    edited May 2019

I'm happy with my HH storage plan (1.5TB Los Angeles), just a bit remorseful about having not gotten this more recent one (3TB Chicago). It's ok though, there's other storage I can pursue.

• Monday now and still waiting for my new toy...

• SkanderSkander Member

I don't mind waiting given the circumstances at all.

But, I don't like when ETAs are set and broken, don't set a time you can't keep.
    (They sent updates to tickets saying delivering before Sunday end).

There is no harm in just stating a delay, setting unreasonable timelines does no good to both parties involved.

Anyway, I'm still more than happy to wait ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked by 2tofee hosthatch
  • Waiting for leftover deals.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Should not be more than 3-4 hours.

• inzxwaxinzxwax Member

Abdullah said: Should not be more than 3-4 hours.

I hope so.

• uptimeuptime Member

• Bani99Bani99 Member

4 hours has passed quickly

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited May 2019

Bani99 said: 4 hours has passed quickly

EMBRACE HOSTHATCH TIME!

Time doesn't pass has fast as you think it does.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited May 2019

It's astounding.

Time is fleeting.

Madness takes its toll.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • inzxwaxinzxwax Member

@Bani99 said:

Their time is slower than ours.

• Bani99Bani99 Member

@inzxwax said:

@Bani99 said:

Their time is slower than ours.

We started with his reply, it's been four hours now.

• solairesolaire Member
    edited May 2019

@Bani99 said:

Here you go:

@Abdullah said:

Thanked by 1skorous
  • Bani99Bani99 Member

@solaire said:

@Bani99 said:

Here you go:

@Abdullah said:

I want to wait, It’s just that he’s not keeping his credit again and again.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited May 2019

LET's do the time warp again.

LET's do the time warp again.

• EddingEdding Member

hope a lesson learned here to only offer what u can actually provide o/

Thanked by 1Developer_HZH
  • They'll provide, but later on. THOU SHALL WAIT.

• LET transcends all time zones and space-time continuum. Time is subjective.

Thanked by 2uptime datanoise
  • Seems there are some servers provisioned, so may be a little bit wait.

Thanked by 1tofee
  • poissonpoisson Member

@Bani99 said:
    I want to wait, It’s just that he’s not keeping his credit again and again.

If you want to wait, wait quietly. Otherwise, you are free to refund.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • poissonpoisson Member

Sometimes, given how impatient people are here, should just triple or quadruple the expected response time just to manage expectations and mute people who claims they have no problems waiting but then write something about being made to wait.

This discussion has been closed.