Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna) - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna)

Comments

• Is this offer still available?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited April 2019

.> @Windmm said:

Is this offer still available?

No longer available however with regard to Chicago might be again (briefly) "if possible" around May 6

• @Abdullah Referencing the above comment, any chance for a flash sale? Missed out but would like to hop on.

Thanks!

• guyz92guyz92 Member
    edited May 2019

It's 9th May today base on Eastern Time zone.
    Will Chicago be ready for deployment?
    Or will there be another service provision delay again ??

Thanked by 1sin
  • uptimeuptime Member

• imokimok Member

If Chicago was not deployed until today then we can say good bye to this:

uptime said: No longer available however with regard to Chicago might be again (briefly) "if possible" around May 6

:(

Thanked by 1uptime
  • wpyuelwpyuel Member

If Chicago was not deployed until today then we can say good bye.

• caracalcaracal Member

@wpyuel said:

To whom?

• @caracal said:

@wpyuel said:

To whom?

To this beautiful world

Thanked by 2uptime imok
  • That's real optimistic

• uptimeuptime Member

the Chicago is nigh (?)

• wpyuelwpyuel Member

It’s 9:00 pm ET, and the Chicago server has no news at all.

• The server is not provisioned nor did I receive the email informing a further delay, and the ticket has no reply for 15h, these makes me a little disappoint.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited May 2019

Honestly, HostHatch support is awful and why I refuse to use it no matter how low of pricing they have. You'll wait like a week to get a response on support lol.

Thanked by 1chrisp
  • uptimeuptime Member

SirFoxy said: no matter how low of pricing

that's the tradeoff I guess - works for me (so far)

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@uptime said:

SirFoxy said: no matter how low of pricing

that's the tradeoff I guess - works for me (so far)

In my opinion they should fix their issues before posting new offers.

Looking at this thread with all the complaints about confusion etc, it's not just stupid people; it's a lack of support.

But meh, to each their own if you wanna risk it, but there's too many other affordable providers that have good support imo.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • inzxwaxinzxwax Member

阿卜杜拉 said: 我们也在这些交易中介绍芝加哥。查看玻璃可在http://lg.chi.psychz.net/获得 - 非常优质的网络。为芝加哥服务器提供ETA的时间是2019年4月29日。(预计〜4月20日,但承诺的日期是4月29日) - 所有设备已经存在。

• WolfWolf Member

@inzxwax said:

阿卜杜拉 said: 我们也在这些交易中介绍芝加哥。查看玻璃可在http://lg.chi.psychz.net/获得 - 非常优质的网络。为芝加哥服务器提供ETA的时间是2019年4月29日。(预计〜4月20日,但承诺的日期是4月29日) - 所有设备已经存在。

Yeah, great. Thank you

• poissonpoisson Member

As long as the box almost never goes down after setup I am good. If support is really important, you have to pay a premium. Can't have your cake and eat it at the same time.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hi guys,

to give you some background:

we signed the contract with our upstream (Psychz) on 22nd February and made our first payments. The go live date was 5th April (in time for our anniversary)

One of our guys flew from Stockholm to Chicago on the 4th to set up the new rack. All of our equipment was also delivered by this point.

We were told on the 4th that there has been a delay and the new ETA was 11th. At this point, our guy was at the datacenter reception and denied entry. So we wasted a flight, a hotel night and a few (really!) expensive ubers.

Since then, the ETA has been moved to 18th to 24th to 28th to 4th and to 9th. We are finally setting things up today and should be ready to deliver servers by the weekend (all VMs should be delivered by Sunday if nothing goes wrong). We will update the affected customers with the same info shortly too. I was waiting to see if there was going to be another delay today, and if so - simply proceed with full refunds (which we already offered to anyone who was not wanting to wait).

I had a conference call with 2 of Psychz's top guys on the previous weekend and was promised that this was an unprecedented delay and they will make up for it with the service quality. I do not have a doubt on that part. And these things do happen with companies of all sizes - believe me, we pay them far more than $7 per month.

Again - we have offered full refunds for people who have not wanted to wait.

@SirFoxy said:
    why I refuse to use it

I thought our solusvm theming was the reason but this one is pretty valid too. I'm sure you have others as well. Sorry to have lost your valuable business and best of luck to you.

• ofitofit Member

For this offers (price) and that quality we can wait more :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • awszawsz Member

I can wait.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@Abdullah said:
    Hi guys,

to give you some background:

we signed the contract with our upstream (Psychz) on 22nd February and made our first payments. The go live date was 5th April (in time for our anniversary)

One of our guys flew from Stockholm to Chicago on the 4th to set up the new rack. All of our equipment was also delivered by this point.

We were told on the 4th that there has been a delay and the new ETA was 11th. At this point, our guy was at the datacenter reception and denied entry. So we wasted a flight, a hotel night and a few (really!) expensive ubers.

Since then, the ETA has been moved to 18th to 24th to 28th to 4th and to 9th. We are finally setting things up today and should be ready to deliver servers by the weekend (all VMs should be delivered by Sunday if nothing goes wrong). We will update the affected customers with the same info shortly too. I was waiting to see if there was going to be another delay today, and if so - simply proceed with full refunds (which we already offered to anyone who was not wanting to wait).

I had a conference call with 2 of Psychz's top guys on the previous weekend and was promised that this was an unprecedented delay and they will make up for it with the service quality. I do not have a doubt on that part. And these things do happen with companies of all sizes - believe me, we pay them far more than $7 per month.

Again - we have offered full refunds for people who have not wanted to wait.

@SirFoxy said:
    why I refuse to use it

I thought our solusvm theming was the reason but this one is pretty valid too. I'm sure you have others as well. Sorry to have lost your valuable business and best of luck to you.

I mean.. you do use Solus VM as the backbone for your panel, I only stated that.

The real reason I don't use you is because your support is self admittedly awful.

Service is decent, but support is awful.

No need to get frisky, just accept an honest critique and use it to improve your service rather than getting defensive.

• wimiuwimiu Member

For some people, no immediate support is equal to "bad" support.
    I never see the complaint about the quality of support about hosthatch in this forum before.

• SkanderSkander Member

@Abdullah said:
    snip

Feel free to provision my server last after all the whine-y peeps are done. #367607

• poissonpoisson Member

@wimiu said:
    For some people, no immediate support is equal to "bad" support.
    I never see the complaint about the quality of support about hosthatch in this forum before.

Complaints from some people best taken without salt.

• LimpanLimpan Member
    edited May 2019

I think Abdullah has stated before that promo/LET offer servers gets lower priority in the ticket/support queue.

I have a few servers with Hosthatch and they are performing great apart from a few reboots in Stockholm lately. I have no problem with waiting for support when paying peanuts. Haven’t had any major issues either.

If you want answers on tickets in a few minutes, raise your budget.

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@Limpan said:
    I think Abdullah has stated before that promo/LET offer servers gets lower priority in the ticket/support queue.

He stated no such thing in the 8th anniversary offers posted here.

• LimpanLimpan Member
    edited May 2019

@donli said:

@Limpan said:

He stated no such thing in the offers posted here.

I didn’t say that either. Just wanted to write what I’ve read here on LET before to help people understand their business model.

This discussion has been closed.