Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna) - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna)

Comments

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@plumberg said:
    @Abdullah

Any idea when storage plans will be available in NY? Thanka

Same question but for CHI.

• SkanderSkander Member

@Shot2 said:

@plumberg said:
    @Abdullah

Read the first post. Literally the first offer. (chicago only)
    And then the last offer (which also says chicago included)

@Galeej said:
    @Abdullah Chicago storage plan available now to order? I thought it will start from 25th.

Open early.

@Abdullah said:
    All of the deals in the original post are valid from now to the end of 27th May in PDT. That is about 96 hours.

Self explanatory ^^^

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited May 2019

@Skander said:

@Shot2 said:

@plumberg said:
    @Abdullah

I know.

The last time such a bold statement was made, orders were taken but delivery started several weeks later with some additional delay. I'm just trying to wrap by head against the expected course of things this time :) Promised availability ≠ ordering availability ≠ availability in the customer's control panel.

• SkanderSkander Member
    edited May 2019

@Shot2 said:

@Skander said:

@Shot2 said:

@plumberg said:
    @Abdullah

I know.

The last time such a bold statement was made, orders were taken but delivery started several weeks later with some additional delay. I'm just trying to wrap by head against the expected course of things this time :) Promised availability ≠ ordering availability ≠ effective delivery.

Chicago wasn't even setup back then, now it is up and running.
    So, that is also answered. vvvv

@Abdullah said:
    Setup time will be 24 hours (orders on the weekend will be provisioned on Monday). This applies to all locations.

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

@Shot2 said:

@Skander said:

@Shot2 said:

@plumberg said:
    @Abdullah

I know.

The last time such a bold statement was made, orders were taken but delivery started several weeks later with some additional delay. I'm just trying to wrap by head against the expected course of things this time :) Promised availability ≠ ordering availability ≠ availability in the customer's control panel.

Hmmm. It could happen again. So if that's not what you want, then....

• uptimeuptime Member

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • sinsin Member

@Abdullah said:
    All of the deals in the original post are valid from now to the end of 27th May in PDT. That is about 96 hours.

Please see the original post on how to order a server.

Setup time will be 24 hours (orders on the weekend will be provisioned on Monday). This applies to all locations.

Just to confirm, if I order another CHI $30/year server, I would get double the ram, disk, and 10tb bandwidth again? Also, is IPv6 available yet for Chicago? Thank you, I've really been enjoying my Hosthatch CHI VPSes!

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@datanoise said:

How is the network in AMS? On last BF thread, some people from the US west coast / Pacific region had some performance issue and routing as well as speed were better to STO. Is it still the case? If some LET members have a server there and can share their experience that would be nice!

We're always ready to make routing changes for performance, just send us a traceroute and a comparable traceroute from another provider in the same region that is showing better performance, and we'll try to either have similar or better routing.

We do go out of our way to choose network providers that deliver really good performance - in all of our locations.

@yakblack said:
    I bought a NVMe VPS when the deal was opened in April 12th. Can I order one more now?

Yes there is no per customer limit on these plans.

@Galeej said:
    @Abdullah Chicago storage plan available now to order?

Yes it is

@plumberg said:

We're discussing it internally at the moment and might decide against it (not 100% yet), as we have Chicago now. When we had only LA, NY made far more sense. Throughput between NY and Chicago is really good.

Shot2 said: Same question but for CHI.

Yes, 24 hours setup other than weekends.

@sin said:

Just to confirm, if I order another CHI $30/year server, I would get double the ram, disk, and 10tb bandwidth again? Also, is IPv6 available yet for Chicago? Thank you, I've really been enjoying my Hosthatch CHI VPSes!

That is correct, yes.

IPv6 is possibly another week or so out. Our ARIN allocation got approved a couple days ago, so we're waiting on that process to finish before we can announce it.

Thanked by 3sin nullnothere Galeej
  • GaleejGaleej Member

@Abdullah thanks, ordered CHI 3TB.

• sinsin Member

Whelp, I just put in my order for another $30/year CHI server, I couldn't resist! Such a good price and the performance has been great on my other ones.

• poissonpoisson Member

I snagged 2 previously for CHI, a doubled 512RAM 8GB Nvme with 10TB bandwidth and a 3TB storage plan, and I can say with evidence the performance is exceptional.

If you hesitate, you are so going to regret it. I am really glad to have patiently waited for @Abdullah to sort out the issues with upstream.

Side note that there's no template for the 3TB storage plan: you need to install from ISO using noVNC in the panel, and you can either use their list of ISOs or upload your own. It was my first time setting up a machine with an ISO but it wasn't too bad. If you haven't done this before, you might need to set aside some time to play around or drop a line here to ask for assistance.

Thanked by 1sin
  • inzxwaxinzxwax Member

@Abdullah Still no Los Angeles this time?

• Abdullah said: We're always ready to make routing changes for performance, just send us a traceroute and a comparable traceroute from another provider in the same region that is showing better performance, and we'll try to either have similar or better routing.

We do go out of our way to choose network providers that deliver really good performance - in all of our locations.

Awesome, good to hear!

Thanked by 1hosthatch

poisson said: Side note that there's no template for the 3TB storage plan: you need to install from ISO using noVNC in the panel, and you can either use their list of ISOs or upload your own. It was my first time setting up a machine with an ISO but it wasn't too bad. If you haven't done this before, you might need to set aside some time to play around or drop a line here to ask for assistance.

Yep, all 2 TB+ servers need to be installed using an ISO - we can assist if needed. Our templates don't support GPT by default.

@inzxwax said:
    @Abdullah Still no Los Angeles this time?

My best guess is that our next big promotion will be Black Friday, and that is when we'll have LA storage.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Snagged the 250GB storage server in Stockholm. 4th service with Hosthatch, happy so far with me three servers.

• SirFoxy said: Honestly, HostHatch support is awful and why I refuse to use it no matter how low of pricing they have. You'll wait like a week to get a response on support lol.

And what kind of request did you make? Was it one you could research and solve from your side or one where they actually needed to intervene? In my experience, any ticket which actually required them to fix something was handled very quickly, things that should really be customers issue to solve are generally responded to more slowly and as a courtesy, as it is an unmanaged service.

I think the confusion here is a lot of people want hand holding along with bargain basement pricing and that's just not going to happen.

I really haven't had any issues with my servers, whether it be setup or otherwise, requiring the need for a support ticket, so I am not sure what you requested or needed but I haven't had issues with the servers or support at all.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• icepicicepic Member

@Abdullah said:

Please see the original post on how to order a server.

Nice to see this news.

• Any options to get more cores on the 3TB Chicago plan?

• RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited May 2019

Could you please fix the Oslo/Vienna LG? Both of them aren't working. At least I can't ping.

edited May 2019

@mikewazar said:
    Any options to get more cores on the 3TB Chicago plan?

Every 3 chunks add one core. So you would end up getting 2 cores, 6 GB RAM, 6 TB (RAID60/SSD cached) storage and 30 TB bandwidth for $14.5 per month.

@RedSox said:
    Could you please fix the Oslo/Vienna LG? Both of them aren't working. At least I can't ping.

Ping should work now, sorry about that.

Thanked by 2RedSox uptime
  • @Abdullah said:

@mikewazar said:

Every 3 chunks add one core. So you would end up getting 2 cores, 6 GB RAM, 6 TB (RAID60/SSD cached) storage and 30 TB bandwidth for $12 per month.

>

Bliksem... ordering one.

• aj_potcaj_potc Member

@Abdullah said:

@plumberg said:

We're discussing it internally at the moment and might decide against it (not 100% yet), as we have Chicago now. When we had only LA, NY made far more sense. Throughput between NY and Chicago is really good.

You're right -- throughput is very good between these locations. But I would really urge you to consider going ahead with storage in NY. If you do that, you'll be offering NVMe and storage services across the entire US (West coast, Midwest, and East coast).

Of course my real motivation is that I have infrastructure in NY already, so if you launch storage plans there, I'll be one of the first to sign up to add it to my existing services with you! :wink:

Thanked by 2hosthatch plumberg
  • uptimeuptime Member

@Abdullah said:
    $12 per month.

Wouldn't adding 3 chunks sum to $14.50 ...?

($7 base + 3 * $2.5)

Thanked by 1hosthatch
    edited May 2019

@mikewazar said:

@Abdullah said:

@mikewazar said:

Every 3 chunks add one core. So you would end up getting 2 cores, 6 GB RAM, 6 TB (RAID60/SSD cached) storage and 30 TB bandwidth for $12 per month.

>

Bliksem... ordering one.

My bad, sorry, it would be $14.5 per month. Updated the earlier post too.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Abdullah said:

@mikewazar said:

@Abdullah said:

@mikewazar said:

>

Bliksem... ordering one.

My bad, sorry, it would be $14.5 per month. Updated the earlier post too.

No worries, still excellent value! Have deposited funds and placed the order.

My 2nd HostHatch box and flippen hell they work very well.

Thanked by 2uptime hosthatch
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@TheLinuxBug said:

SirFoxy said: Honestly, HostHatch support is awful and why I refuse to use it no matter how low of pricing they have. You'll wait like a week to get a response on support lol.

And what kind of request did you make? Was it one you could research and solve from your side or one where they actually needed to intervene? In my experience, any ticket which actually required them to fix something was handled very quickly, things that should really be customers issue to solve are generally responded to more slowly and as a courtesy, as it is an unmanaged service.

I think the confusion here is a lot of people want hand holding along with bargain basement pricing and that's just not going to happen.

I really haven't had any issues with my servers, whether it be setup or otherwise, requiring the need for a support ticket, so I am not sure what you requested or needed but I haven't had issues with the servers or support at all.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

It was literally about resetting my 2 factor. Then they didn't respond for a week and I was billed.

Thanks for responding to a weeks old comment.

Cheers!

SirFoxy said: It was literally about resetting my 2 factor. Then they didn't respond for a week and I was billed.

Not going to try to justify the delay as we do have growing pains from time to time but please feel free to message me your ticket # and I will process the refund for you.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • SkanderSkander Member

They already provisioned the server for me :)

Great as always.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@Abdullah said:

SirFoxy said: It was literally about resetting my 2 factor. Then they didn't respond for a week and I was billed.

Not going to try to justify the delay as we do have growing pains from time to time but please feel free to message me your ticket # and I will process the refund for you.

You already refunded it, it's why I just mentioned poor support and didn't want to imply you scammed me, but he was vehimently interested in why I said that.

Thanks anyways.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2019

Good luck with sales :smile:

This discussion has been closed.