Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna) - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna)

Comments

• Abdullah said: Chicago storage is now sold out.

I ordered one yesterday. Will it be delivered?

• donlidonli Member

@Abdullah said:

@skorous said:
    "Chicago storage" being the first option in the title post, so 1T and 250G plans are still available?

That would be all storage plans in Chicago. Storage plans in other locations are available.

RIP cheap storage.

• @Abdullah said:
    Chicago storage is now sold out.

All other plans are available for another ~33 hours.

Ordered it via a ticket yesterday too. Hoping it would still be delivered as promised.

• OujiOuji Member
    edited May 2019

RIP storage then, will only order the NVMe one.

If people refund one of the storages before the promo is over, please tell us @Abdullah

• zomby1zomby1 Member

Send PM. thanks

• Pings over IPv4 are fantastic for me to the Chicago Psychez LG, but it seems I can't reach Psychez via the IPv6 address they gave me (an they can't reach Google)

Hoping IPv6 gets sorted because I wanted to use one of these as a ndppd relay as a fallback for AT&T's dependably broken IPv6 setup

Thanked by 1Skander
  • OujiOuji Member

My NVMe VPS has been setup. I just wanted to be able to buy a CHI storage :(

• sinsin Member
    edited May 2019

texteditor said: Pings over IPv4 are fantastic for me to the Chicago Psychez LG, but it seems I can't reach Psychez via the IPv6 address they gave me (an they can't reach Google)

Wait, you got IPv6 on your Chicago VPS or are you just talking about the Looking Glass?

• @sin said:

texteditor said: Pings over IPv4 are fantastic for me to the Chicago Psychez LG, but it seems I can't reach Psychez via the IPv6 address they gave me (an they can't reach Google)

Wait, you got IPv6 on your Chicago VPS or are you just talking about the Looking Glass?

Just the Psychez looking glass. No, same as everyone else here as far as v6 is concerned

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Last hours, trying to decide if I should get one more... Don't really need one but the offer is good!!!

• imokimok Member

I would like to know what to do

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • atErikatErik Member
    edited May 2019

Hi HostHatch / Abdullah , about your NVMe/KVM VPS offers, will you be able to include one or two /64 IPv6-SUBNET(s) with your NVMe/KVM(s) ?
    if you will/can, will you delegate those assigned-IPv6-SUBNET(s) toward my NameServer running inside KVM VPS(es) which will be purchased from you ?
    which DataCenter(s) will support IPv6-subnet & will be able to delegate-IPv6-subnet ? (then i will choose those during order , tho i prefer to use Amsterdam/Stockholm/Oslo/Vienna)

and, if i want to get/purchase a /26 (64 IPv4-addresses) or a /27 (32) or a /28 (16) or a /29 (8) IPv4-SUBNET from you , then will you sub-delegate that subnet to my NameServer in KVM VPS ?

i like your resource-DOUBLE-up options.

Thanks in advance for your response.

EXTRA-NOTES:

For any assigned IPv4/IPv6-"ADDRESS" , a VPS-Provider have to setup/add Reverse-DNS-Address for that assigned IPv4/IPv6-Address . ( VPS-Provider have to setup/add PTR,etc DNS record in VPS=Provider's DNS-NameServer , & set the ANSWER/RETURN value (of PTR DNS-record) pointing toward Client's/Customer's host.zone/host.domain ) . This is required for MAIL-Server, etc.

For any assigned IPv4/IPv6-"SUBNET" , a VPS-Provider have to Delegate (and sub-delegate the Reverse-Zone of) that assigned-IPv4/IPv6-SUBNET . ( VPS-Provider have to setup/add NS,CNAME,etc DNS records in VPS-Provider's DNS-NameServer , & set the ANSWER/RETURN value (of NS DNS-record) pointing toward Client's/Customer's host.zone/NameServer ) . This is required when a client/customer have vast-pool of IPs & have to assign/set/change PTR/RDNS, etc various DNS-Records from their script/program, etc & setup those faster, for various server related needs.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

Other potential physical side effects include appetite loss, blurred vision, dry mouth, excessive grinding of the teeth, nosebleed, profuse sweating, rhinitis medicamentosa (drug-induced nasal congestion), reduced seizure threshold, tics (a type of movement disorder), and weight loss.

• skorousskorous Member

@atErik Didn't your mother teach you it's rude to ignore someone?

I'll ask again, what is it you're quoting there in the EXTRA-NOTES?

• imokimok Member

Maybe @aterik is a low end lawyer

Thanked by 2dahartigan uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

thinking about it a bit ... @atErik is probably doing the best they can to show they've done their due dilligence and will be a well-informed and technically astute consumer of services.

Hopefully they have a good sense of humor and perspective to appreciate the feedback they're getting here. I may send a PM with more thoughtful suggestions at some point when I get the time.

Anyhoo ...

Seems like this epic thread may be well nigh approaching a peaceful end - or veering towards Soverign Territorah, I dunno ...

Rock on HostHatch, happy eighth anniversary, and thanks for the sweet deals.

Thanked by 2skorous dahartigan
  • @Abdullah said:
    We're also expanding Sydney and introducing NVMe plans there soon, and it will possibly be the most expensive location in terms of our operating costs, but we will still try to keep uniform pricing there.

Nice! Any plans for KVM in Sydney?

• sanvitsanvit Member

Need an Asian location that's not SG!

• sanvit said: Need an Asian location that's not SG!

Why not if it has good connectivity to various places in Asia. That being said, it's not that easy to find good VPS for 15$/y in SG, I wouldn't mind @Abdullah expanding there.

• need aussie!

oh its in the plan

• sanvitsanvit Member

@datanoise said:

sanvit said: Need an Asian location that's not SG!

Why not if it has good connectivity to various places in Asia. That being said, it's not that easy to find good VPS for 15$/y in SG, I wouldn't mind @Abdullah expanding there.

There are lots of SG hosts available while no love for other location :( Plus, some ISPs routes some of the SG traffic through U.S. which isn't ideal

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited May 2019

@ras07 said:
    Really impressed with my Hosthatch VPS so far.

One curiosity ... my /var/log/syslog is full of this kind of thing:
    Does anyone know if Hosthatch blocks UDP 123 outbound? Should I disable my NTP client? (Ubuntu 18.4 btw)

No real clock drift problem so far so not a big concern and I'm not going to bother HH with a ticket; just curious if others see something similar.

I've observed the same kind of difficulty reaching NTP servers. It's not a full blockade though (not sure whether it's only failing towards some timeservers, or a transient issue). Maybe some kind of overly paranoid anti-DDoS system (Psychz? upstream?) getting in the way... pretty sure it's not a HostHatch policy, no such trouble before with them.

• yghrvyghrv Member

@Abdullah said:
    All of the deals in the original post are valid from now to the end of 27th May in PDT. That is about 96 hours.

Please see the original post on how to order a server.

Setup time will be 24 hours (orders on the weekend will be provisioned on Monday). This applies to all locations.

Hi @Abdullah , I ordered a storage plan in Chicago and it was provisioned on Monday. But it can not boot, already tried reinstall many times. Would you please take a look at the ticket #439414 and fix this problem?

• skorousskorous Member

When you say "tried to reinstall", did you do it from ISO like he said?

• yghrvyghrv Member

@skorous said:

Used the reinstall function in the control panel and it does not work.
    I don't know how to do it from ISO as there's no vnc connection in the control panel.
    would you please tell me how if you know?

• sanvitsanvit Member

@yghrv said:

@skorous said:

I don't know how to do it from ISO as there's no vnc connection in the control panel.

There is VNC in the console. Try the moniter icon

Thanked by 1skorous
  • yghrvyghrv Member

@sanvit said:

@yghrv said:

@skorous said:

There is VNC in the console. Try the moniter icon

Did not see vnc in the console.

• skorousskorous Member

yghrv said: Did not see vnc in the console

Turn it on.

• donlidonli Member

Shouldn't someone have told the panel about Chicago ?

Thanked by 1caracal
  • yghrvyghrv Member

@skorous said:

yghrv said: Did not see vnc in the console

Turn it on.

It does not work as I said it can not boot.
    clicked the start button and nothing happened.

This discussion has been closed.