Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna) - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna)

Comments

• sinsin Member

@daozhi said:
    Does anyone configure the ipv6 successfully in Chicago?

They should have it up soon...a little over a week ago they said it would be available in a week. I'm waiting on IPv6 too, I'm stuck having to use an HE.net tunnel on all my chicago ones. I'll probably open a ticket a little later this week for a /64 and I'll let you know if they have it.

• skorousskorous Member
    edited June 2019

I have IPv6 working on one of my Chicago boxes. My other two appear to have an issue I haven't tracked down yet.

EDIT: I have a /64 allocated on all three of them. Two of them have a problem. Should've been more clear.

Thanked by 2uptime sin
  • I had IPv6 activated on my chicago box after opening a ticket, they reconfigured networking and all is well. :) Pretty fast sub-30min response too.

Only thing missing is IPv6 rDNS and they said it's coming next weekish.

• Skander said: I had IPv6 activated on my chicago box after opening a ticket, they reconfigured networking and all is well. :) Pretty fast sub-30min response too.

Oh yeah, they were blazing fast on my request for the addresses ( first ticket 15 minutes and second ticket < 5minutes ). Now if we could figure out why it doesn't work... :smile:

What distro you running if I might ask? My Ubuntu box worked fine but both my Centos boxes fail the reconfigure and have issues.

• @skorous said:

Skander said: I had IPv6 activated on my chicago box after opening a ticket, they reconfigured networking and all is well. :) Pretty fast sub-30min response too.

Oh yeah, they were blazing fast on my request for the addresses ( first ticket 15 minutes and second ticket < 5minutes ). Now if we could figure out why it doesn't work... :smile:

What distro you running if I might ask? My Ubuntu box worked fine but both my Centos boxes fail the reconfigure and have issues.

Ubuntu 18.04, works fine.
    Haven't tried Centos, so that might be the issue.

• OujiOuji Member

Unfortunately for me, I've been trying to change to LA for the last three days without a response

• skorousskorous Member
    edited June 2019

Skander said: Ubuntu 18.04, works fine. Haven't tried Centos, so that might be the issue.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I'll make sure I mention that in the ticket I have open.

• Skander said: that might be the issue.

Turns out my node had an issue. All fixed. \o/

Thanked by 1Skander
  • sinsin Member

@skorous said:
    I have IPv6 working on one of my Chicago boxes. My other two appear to have an issue I haven't tracked down yet.

EDIT: I have a /64 allocated on all three of them. Two of them have a problem. Should've been more clear.

Awesome! Just opened a ticket to get an /64 allocated to all 3 of my Chicago VPSes too :) been waiting for IPv6!

• sinsin Member

Support was quick to add a /64 to all my Chicago VPSes and ipv6 works great!

iperf3 -c iperf.he.net
    Connecting to host iperf.he.net, port 5201
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Retr  Cwnd
    [  5]   0.00-1.00   sec   100 MBytes   839 Mbits/sec    0   31.2 MBytes       
    [  5]   1.00-2.00   sec   208 MBytes  1.74 Gbits/sec    0   31.2 MBytes       
    [  5]   2.00-3.00   sec   206 MBytes  1.73 Gbits/sec    0   31.2 MBytes       
    [  5]   3.00-4.00   sec   206 MBytes  1.73 Gbits/sec    0   31.2 MBytes       
    [  5]   4.00-5.00   sec   206 MBytes  1.73 Gbits/sec    0   31.2 MBytes       
    [  5]   5.00-6.00   sec   206 MBytes  1.73 Gbits/sec    0   31.2 MBytes       
    [  5]   6.00-7.00   sec   204 MBytes  1.71 Gbits/sec    0   31.2 MBytes       
    [  5]   7.00-8.00   sec   206 MBytes  1.73 Gbits/sec    0   31.3 MBytes       
    [  5]   8.00-9.00   sec   207 MBytes  1.74 Gbits/sec    0   31.3 MBytes       
    [  5]   9.00-10.00  sec   205 MBytes  1.72 Gbits/sec    0   31.3 MBytes       
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Retr
    [  5]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.91 GBytes  1.64 Gbits/sec    0             sender
    [  5]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.91 GBytes  1.64 Gbits/sec                  receiver

Thanked by 2uptime skorous
  • umeume Member

I'm jealous now. You got IPv6 already from a newly opened ticket, while I have mine for IPv6 on hold since two weeks. They don't seem to work according to the FIFO algorithm.

• So you have the server and everything, just waiting on IPv6, and the ticket is on hold?

• OujiOuji Member

ume said: I'm jealous now. You got IPv6 already from a newly opened ticket, while I have mine for IPv6 on hold since two weeks. They don't seem to work according to the FIFO algorithm.

At least you have the server. I'm still waiting for mine

• Has anyone else noticed LA going unresponsive network wise semi-regularly?

Even right now.

Pinging lg.lax.hosthatch.com [107.181.166.10] with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

• They're investigating an issue in LA at the moment.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@HackedServer said:
    Has anyone else noticed LA going unresponsive network wise semi-regularly?

Even right now.

Pinging lg.lax.hosthatch.com [107.181.166.10] with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

• sinsin Member

@ume said:
    I'm jealous now. You got IPv6 already from a newly opened ticket, while I have mine for IPv6 on hold since two weeks. They don't seem to work according to the FIFO algorithm.

I initially opened a ticket around 2 weeks ago for IPv6 but I closed it when they said they didn't have it and then opened a new one today so that might be why I got it fast.

• sin said: a new one today so that might be why I got it fast.

That's my expectation as well. I suspect (s)he's being too nice and that On Hold ticket is being overlooked. I'd open a new ticket and reference the old one saying something like, "I'm seeing a bunch of people that have IPv6 up and my ticket hasn't moved. Do I need to do something?"

Thanked by 1sin
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@skorous said:

sin said: a new one today so that might be why I got it fast.

That's my expectation as well. I suspect (s)he's being too nice and that On Hold ticket is being overlooked. I'd open a new ticket and reference the old one saying something like, "I'm seeing a bunch of people that have IPv6 up and my ticket hasn't moved. Do I need to do something?"

They might have just missed the On-Hold ticket. Happened to me once when provisioning Chicago storage server. Just update the ticket and they will answer in no time :)

Thanked by 1skorous
  • sanvit said: Happened to me once when provisioning Chicago storage server.

( lol ) Me too. Must've been a hole in their procedure. "Errr, you said my server would be provisioned shortly. It's been three days. I'm starting to think we have different definitions of 'shortly'." Twenty minutes later I had it and an apology. :)

• daozhidaozhi Member

Could you share your ipv6 configuration(/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0,Centos7,or /etc/netplan/XXXX.yaml in Ubuntu18). They assigned me ipv6, but I have tried and failed. The "Reconfigure" button on the panel is not working either. I give them my root password three days ago but get no response yet.

@Abdullah

@sin said:

iperf3 -c iperf.he.net

Abdullah said: Abdullah

• daozhidaozhi Member

It's weird! I just tried again and find the same configuration works now!!

@daozhi said:
    Could you share your ipv6 configuration(/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0,Centos7,or /etc/netplan/XXXX.yaml in Ubuntu18). They assigned me ipv6, but I have tried and failed. The "Reconfigure" button on the panel is not working either. I give them my root password three days ago but get no response yet.

@Abdullah

@sin said:

iperf3 -c iperf.he.net

Abdullah said: Abdullah

• uptimeuptime Member

@daozhi - I can share the /etc/network/interfaces configuration that has been working for me (on Debian 9) in Chicago:

iface ens3 inet6 static
            address 2605:4840:X:XXXX::XXXX
            netmask 48
            # gateway 2605:4840:X::1
            up ip -6 route add 2605:4840:X::1 dev ens3
            up ip -6 route add ::/0 via 2605:4840:X::1 dev ens3

(replace X with values corresponding to your assigned subnet and chosen address)

Note - I'm not sure if this is the "canonical" best way to configure IPv6, but something along these lines works for me on all my HostHatch setups.

• daozhidaozhi Member

It already works. I think they resolve some internal problems so that my old configuration just works fine.
    Thanks anyway!

@uptime said:
    @daozhi - I can share the /etc/network/interfaces configuration that has been working for me (on Debian 9) in Chicago:

iface ens3 inet6 static
            address 2605:4840:X:XXXX::XXXX
            netmask 48
            # gateway 2605:4840:X::1
            up ip -6 route add 2605:4840:X::1 dev ens3
            up ip -6 route add ::/0 via 2605:4840:X::1 dev ens3

(replace X with values corresponding to your assigned subnet and chosen address)

Note - I'm not sure if this is the "canonical" best way to configure IPv6, but something along these lines works for me on all my HostHatch setups.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • sinsin Member

For Debian Stretch and Buster I just use this in my /etc/network/interfaces:

iface ens3 inet6 static
    address youripv6address
    netmask 48
    gateway yourgateway

and that's it

Thanked by 1uptime
  • gotwindgotwind Member
    edited June 2019

Hi,

Is this offer still valid for ordering? Thanks.

1 CPU core (15% dedicated)
    512 MB RAM
    8 GB NVMe disk (RAID-10)
    1 TB premium bandwidth
    $15 per year
    Available in: Oslo, Vienna, NY, LA, Chicago, Stockholm and Amsterdam
    Free upgrade with double RAM in any location

• OujiOuji Member
    edited June 2019

gotwind said: Hi,

Is this offer still valid for ordering? Thanks.

1 CPU core (15% dedicated)
    512 MB RAM
    8 GB NVMe disk (RAID-10)
    1 TB premium bandwidth
    $15 per year
    Available in: Oslo, Vienna, NY, LA, Chicago, Stockholm and Amsterdam
    Free upgrade with double RAM in any location

Nope.

• Can someone tell me why North Americans care about IPv6 so much when we all have IPv4's on our home broadband and these VPS's all have public IPv4 addresses? I've yet to find a useful reason and lots of reasons to disable IPv6 on all my servers to prevent IPv6 issues. I can understand on a NAT box, but not with public IPv4.

Other than testing/learning, of course.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@TimboJones said:
    Can someone tell me why North Americans care about IPv6 so much when we all have IPv4's on our home broadband and these VPS's all have public IPv4 addresses? I've yet to find a useful reason and lots of reasons to disable IPv6 on all my servers to prevent IPv6 issues. I can understand on a NAT box, but not with public IPv4.

You're doing it wrong. You should disable IPv4 to prevent IPv4 issues. Never had a single brute-force or DDoS attempt on IPv6.

• GaleejGaleej Member

@Shot2 said:

@TimboJones said:
    Can someone tell me why North Americans care about IPv6 so much when we all have IPv4's on our home broadband and these VPS's all have public IPv4 addresses? I've yet to find a useful reason and lots of reasons to disable IPv6 on all my servers to prevent IPv6 issues. I can understand on a NAT box, but not with public IPv4.

You're doing it wrong. You should disable IPv4 to prevent IPv4 issues. Never had a single brute-force or DDoS attempt on IPv6.

My ISP doesnt support IPv6 at the moment. What will happen if I disable IPv4 and enable only IPv6?

This discussion has been closed.