Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna) - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna)

Comments

• yghrvyghrv Member

@donli said:

Shouldn't someone have told the panel about Chicago ?

what do you mean the panel about Chicago? I don't understand.

• donlidonli Member

@yghrv said:

@donli said:

Shouldn't someone have told the panel about Chicago ?

what do you mean the panel about Chicago? I don't understand.

The panel should show Location: Chicago instead of Unknown. HostHatch hasn't set up something properly in that regard (doesn't affect operation just display).

• skorousskorous Member

@yghrv My apologies. Now that I see your screen shot it's a 250g not one of the big boys. That one you should be able to install from template.

• trungkientrungkien Member
    edited May 2019

It also> @yghrv said:

@skorous said:

yghrv said: Did not see vnc in the console

Turn it on.

It does not work as I said it can not boot.
    clicked the start button and nothing happened.

It also happens to me with 6TB Storage VPS in Chicago.
    I also have ticket #449179 and I am sure they will fix it easily.

• yghrvyghrv Member

@trungkien said:
    It also> @yghrv said:

@skorous said:

Turn it on.

It also happens to me with 6TB Storage VPS in Chicago.
    I also have ticket #449179 and I am sure they will fix it easily.

I hope so but it's been 2 days and I did not get any update on this?....

• sanvitsanvit Member

@yghrv said:

@skorous said:

Turn it on.

Yup, that looks like support's job :(

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@Abdullah Hi, I have a chicago storage server is still in "Pending Servers" for two days, ticket doesn't get any reply, may I ask when will it be complete setup? thank you.

• aj_potcaj_potc Member

It does indeed seem that HostHatch's support has gone on hiatus for the past two days. I imagine the extra load of provisioning all the new servers has overwhelmed them -- or maybe they're all on vacation. :smile:

• donlidonli Member

@aj_potc said:
    It does indeed seem that HostHatch's support has gone on hiatus for the past two days. I imagine the extra load of provisioning all the new servers has overwhelmed them -- or maybe they're all on vacation. :smile:

Or catching up on sleep.

• SkanderSkander Member

Be patient y'all.

I'm sure they're swamped.

• poissonpoisson Member

Have some patience. Many of us waited like 30 days or more, and yes, it's damn worth it.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@poisson said:
    Have some patience. Many of us waited like 30 days or more, and yes, it's damn worth it.

Seriously I've had like 0 iowait using it. It's super awesome!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Shot2Shot2 Member

@aj_potc said:

Or they just pulled a ZXHost

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited May 2019

@Abdullah about the chicago storage servers in the "Pending Servers" section, just sent a ticket to ask progress, no any complain, but the staff cancelled it and refunded... since already generate invoices two days ago, why can't complete this order? may I ask the reason? I don't need refund, I can continue wait, I'm very depressed :(

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2019

Hi guys - apologies for the delay on provisioning - we had a few (<10) Chicago storage orders that we could not fulfill as we're sold out there.

We can do a full refund, or set you up in LA/STO/AMS. Or we can provision you in Chicago in a few weeks when new storage gets shipped there.

Sorry to disappoint.

Thanked by 1yghrv
  • uptimeuptime Member

Abdullah said: Chicago in a few weeks

^ will be worth the wait I think ...

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@Abdullah said:
    Hi guys - apologies for the delay on provisioning - we had a few (<10) Chicago storage orders that we could not fulfill as we're sold out there.

We can do a full refund, or set you up in LA/STO/AMS. Or we can provision you in Chicago in a few weeks when new storage gets shipped there.

Sorry to disappoint.

but you've already refunded me, not ask me first, can I still order it in a few weeks when new storage gets shipped chicago? :( thanks

@hotsnow said:
    but you've already refunded me, not ask me first, can I still order it in a few weeks when new storage gets shipped chicago? :( thanks

Please reply to your ticket, we'll charge you again when we provision for you.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@Abdullah said:

@hotsnow said:

Please reply to your ticket, we'll charge you again when we provision for you.

ticket #981859 replied, do I need re-deposit $15 now? or can pay after the new invoice generate? thank you :smile:

• sanvitsanvit Member

@Abdullah said:

Sorry to disappoint.

Can I order one on LA for the Chicago pricing?

Thanked by 1skorous

@sanvit said:

No, this is only for fulfilling the excess orders from Chicago. We'll do London with (possibly) the same pricing in mid-July, but nothing in LA I'm afraid.

• FalzoFalzo Member

Abdullah said: We'll do London with (possibly) the same pricing in mid-July

I am listening... ;-)

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited May 2019

@Abdullah said:

@sanvit said:

No, this is only for fulfilling the excess orders from Chicago. We'll do London with (possibly) the same pricing in mid-July, but nothing in LA I'm afraid.

Anyone who have put order and doesn't want to wait more, please PM me :) (the 3TB ones)

• yghrvyghrv Member

@Abdullah said:

Sorry to disappoint.

Got one in LA instead. Thank you!

• daozhidaozhi Member

Does anyone configure the ipv6 successfully in Chicago?

• daozhidaozhi Member

@Abdullah > @daozhi said:

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@daozhi said:

I can't even get the Psychz looking glass IPv6 address in Chicago to ping:

Test IPv6: 2604:6600:2700::3

http://lg.chi.psychz.net/

• sinsin Member

donli said: I can't even get the Psychz looking glass IPv6 address in Chicago to ping:

Try 2604:6600:2700::1 instead

Thanked by 1donli
  • ras07ras07 Member

@Shot2 said:

@ras07 said:
    Really impressed with my Hosthatch VPS so far.

One curiosity ... my /var/log/syslog is full of this kind of thing:
    Does anyone know if Hosthatch blocks UDP 123 outbound? Should I disable my NTP client? (Ubuntu 18.4 btw)

I've observed the same kind of difficulty reaching NTP servers. It's not a full blockade though (not sure whether it's only failing towards some timeservers, or a transient issue). Maybe some kind of overly paranoid anti-DDoS system (Psychz? upstream?) getting in the way... pretty sure it's not a HostHatch policy, no such trouble before with them.

I switched to pool.ntp.org and haven't had any trouble since. Now that the Chicago IPs are showing the right geolocation I may switch back (temporarily) and see what happens.

• ras07ras07 Member

@ras07 said:
    I switched to pool.ntp.org and haven't had any trouble since. Now that the Chicago IPs are showing the right geolocation I may switch back (temporarily) and see what happens.

Switched back and immediately started getting the "Timed out waiting for reply" errors, so I'd say not related to geolocation. Not sure what causes that but my system's working fine with pool.ntp.org, so it's no problem for me.

This discussion has been closed.