Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna) - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna)

Comments

• EHRAEHRA Member

Hello, who take advantage of the promotion now can make upgrades while maintaining the conditions of the promotional package?

Example: I contract the $ 15 KVM NvME annually and I get double RAM (1GB) in NY. In the future, if I need to upgrade I will receive double RAM (2GB) in the $ 30 plan?

Thanks for listening.

• SirFoxy said: Thanks for responding to a weeks old comment.

You're welcome.

Cheers!

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@EHRA said:

Example: I contract the $ 15 KVM NvME annually and I get double RAM (1GB) in NY. In the future, if I need to upgrade I will receive double RAM (2GB) in the $ 30 plan?

Yep, no problem

Thanked by 1EHRA
  • Really impressed by the performance of the storage VPS, congrats @Abdullah !

Is the storage RAID 10 HDD + RAID 1 SSD for the cache?

-------------------------------------------------
     nench.sh v2019.03.01 -- https://git.io/nench.sh
     benchmark timestamp:    2019-05-23 20:18:46 UTC

Processor:    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU cores:    1
    Frequency:    2399.996 MHz
    RAM:          492M
    Swap:         511M
    Kernel:       Linux 4.9.0-9-amd64 x86_64

Disks:
    vda    250G  HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
        4.628 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
        8.850 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
        3.188 seconds

ioping: seek rate
        min/avg/max/mdev = 75.4 us / 293.8 us / 62.6 ms / 1.04 ms
    ioping: sequential read speed
        generated 8.91 k requests in 5.00 s, 2.18 GiB, 1.78 k iops, 445.5 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
        1st run:    132.56 MiB/s
        2nd run:    514.98 MiB/s
        3rd run:    398.64 MiB/s
        average:    348.73 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
        your IPv4:    176.126.85.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         62.28 MiB/s
        Leaseweb (NL):        108.01 MiB/s
        Softlayer DAL (US):   8.96 MiB/s
        Online.net (FR):      17.08 MiB/s
        OVH BHS (CA):         2.54 MiB/s

No IPv6 connectivity detected

Thanked by 1hosthatch

@datanoise said:
    Really impressed by the performance of the storage VPS, congrats @Abdullah !

Is the storage RAID 10 HDD + RAID 1 SSD for the cache?

Storage is RAID-50/60. NVMe is RAID-10.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • Abdullah said: Storage is RAID-50/60.

Ok, thanks. The SSD cache is RAID 50/60 as well?

• sinsin Member

@Skander said:
    They already provisioned the server for me :)

Great as always.

Wow that was fast :) I'm waiting on my NVMe, was yours the storage? I'll have to try out one of those storage vpses eventually.

• EHRAEHRA Member

Abdullah said: Yep, no problem

This is great, it gives me greater peace of mind to know that if I need more resources I can update the plan keeping the specifications and promotional prices. Good sales and thanks for the attention.

• SkanderSkander Member

@sin said:

@Skander said:
    They already provisioned the server for me :)

Great as always.

Wow that was fast :) I'm waiting on my NVMe, was yours the storage? I'll have to try out one of those storage vpses eventually.

I already snagged an nvme last time so I grabbed a smaller storage plan this time in Amsterdam (250GB).

Thanked by 1sin
  • agonyztagonyzt Member

@Abdullah is the traffic between 2 instances at the same location unmetered? Basically, if I purchase a 250GB storage plan and mount the drive on my NVMe plan, should I be worried about hitting the transfer cap? Thanks!

• @agonyzt said:
    @Abdullah is the traffic between 2 instances at the same location unmetered? Basically, if I purchase a 250GB storage plan and mount the drive on my NVMe plan, should I be worried about hitting the transfer cap? Thanks!

You can request private IP for transfer between the 2 instances. That's free. But (I guess that) if you use public IP then the transfer is metered.

Just got my Chicago NVMe box, the network is blazing fast!

• beaglebeagle Member
    edited May 2019

@Abdullah Any idea when 1TB storage $12/qtr offer will be available in LA?

• If I order 1 more Chicago NVMe VPS, will I get a different IP class than previous order?

• uptimeuptime Member

@beagle said:

(from previous page)

Abdullah said: My best guess is that our next big promotion will be Black Friday, and that is when we'll have LA storage.

Thanked by 1beagle
  • uptimeuptime Member

gonna be chewing on this Chicago storage for a good while ... just installing this beast now

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • This server is wicked fast @Abdullah

root@debian:~# hdparm -Tt /dev/vda

/dev/vda:
     Timing cached reads:   17110 MB in  1.99 seconds = 8588.27 MB/sec
     Timing buffered disk reads: 1550 MB in  3.02 seconds = 512.81 MB/sec

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited May 2019

@donli said:

@lzyroot said:
    I need Unlimited Transfer Storage plans,When will there be?

You didn't specify what speed limit you need for the "unlimited transfer".

Unlimited speed.

@datanoise said:

Abdullah said: Storage is RAID-50/60.

Ok, thanks. The SSD cache is RAID 50/60 as well?

Some of the very older nodes do not have SSD cache but I don't think we provision any new servers on those nodes now. We also do not advertise caching at all since it sends the wrong message as to what these storage servers are built for (i,e mass storage). But the simple answer would be yes.

@agonyzt said:

Yes, we have a separated 10 Gbps network with jumbo frames enabled. You can ask support to assign you a private network ip/interface if you do not have it on your server already. This network is not billed and is actually built keeping the storage/nvme combination in mind - see https://hosthatch.com/features

@beagle said:

Not any time soon I'm afraid.

• @Abdullah any updated #522411 ? I just can't wait :D

tarek369 said: @Abdullah any updated #522411 ? I just can't wait

We're doing our best :)

Abdullah said: Setup time will be 24 hours (orders on the weekend will be provisioned on Monday). This applies to all locations.

• sinsin Member

Abdullah said: We're doing our best

I just had one more quick question :) in the original post it mentioned free DDoS protection at a later date for CHI, does that apply to this sale as well? I got my 3rd CHI server and I love it, I love all three of them :).

• Abdullah said: the simple answer would be yes.

Gotcha, thanks. Got curious as you mentioned it in another thread + I was impressed by the performance of your storage boxes. Pretty neat setup! Internal networking is damn nice as well.

• GaleejGaleej Member

Yet another noob here.. I got the CHI VPS provisioned. I mounted Ubuntu and changed boot order to install Ubuntu. Everything went fine and I'm able to login via VNC. When I logged in for the first time, notice that internet was not working within the VPS. When I do apt update, I get server not reachable. Ping to 8.8.8.8 failed, SSH from my terminal doesnt work. I dont know how to enable internet so that all services will work as expected. Any help will be appreciated by the people who already own the CHI 3TB offer. I did not give any proxy settings while installing Ubuntu. Not sure where I went wrong.

• @Galeej said:
    Yet another noob here.. I got the CHI VPS provisioned. I mounted Ubuntu and changed boot order to install Ubuntu. Everything went fine and I'm able to login via VNC. When I logged in for the first time, notice that internet was not working within the VPS. When I do apt update, I get server not reachable. Ping to 8.8.8.8 failed, SSH from my terminal doesnt work. I dont know how to enable internet so that all services will work as expected. Any help will be appreciated by the people who already own the CHI 3TB offer. I did not give any proxy settings while installing Ubuntu. Not sure where I went wrong.

I don't have the 3 TB server, but try this:
    cat /etc/resolv.conf

If it's empty, add nameserver 8.8.8.8 to it and try to see if apt update works. Maybe what you are missing is dns resolvers.

• GaleejGaleej Member
    edited May 2019

@smallbibi said:

@Galeej said:

cat /etc/resolv.conf

If it's empty, add nameserver 8.8.8.8 to it and try to see if apt update works. Maybe what you are missing is dns resolvers.

I see a local nameserver configured and it's auto generated. Can I just edit to use 8.8.8.8?
    Edit: tried using 8.8.8.8 but getting "Temporary failure resolving" error.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@Galeej said:

@smallbibi said:

@Galeej said:

cat /etc/resolv.conf

I see a local nameserver configured and it's auto generated. Can I just edit to use 8.8.8.8?

I had the same problem. Try manually setting IP address when first installing ubuntu instead of DHCP.

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited May 2019

@Galeej said:

@smallbibi said:

@Galeej said:

cat /etc/resolv.conf

Try to check /etc/network/interfaces, maybe your problem is there

First result on google that seems simple:
    https://www.swiftstack.com/docs/install/configure_networking.html
    Maybe interesting:
    https://wiki.debian.org/NetworkConfiguration

Thanked by 1uptime
  • GaleejGaleej Member

@smallbibi thanks a lot, will check out.

• ITLabsITLabs Member

Just ordered NVME + storage in Chicago. Thanks for the offer.

• icepicicepic Member
    edited May 2019

Abdullah said:

NVMes:
    1 CPU core (15% dedicated)
    512 MB RAM
    8 GB NVMe disk (RAID-10)
    1 TB premium bandwidth
    $15 per year
    Available in: Oslo, Vienna, NY, LA, Chicago, Stockholm and Amsterdam
    Free upgrade with double RAM in any location

if I want to get 20GB NVMe disk, for $20 per year? would it be possible? :)

This discussion has been closed.