Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NanoKVM | Free NAT KVM | Multiple Locations - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NanoKVM | Free NAT KVM | Multiple Locations

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@farsighter said:

@Edmond said:

@Neoon said:

@Edmond said:
    Are the ports restricted or filtered by any chance? I set up a FreePBX installation on one of these and it appears that some calls will get accepted, some will get accepted after some ringing, some won't at all.

I'm using a free DID from IPComms for testing (inbound is completely free) and it had no issues before but the PBX isn't reliably accepting calls for some reason.

@Edmond said:
    Are the ports restricted or filtered by any chance? I set up a FreePBX installation on one of these and it appears that some calls will get accepted, some will get accepted after some ringing, some won't at all.

I'm using a free DID from IPComms for testing (inbound is completely free) and it had no issues before but the PBX isn't reliably accepting calls for some reason.

No, but not all applications work behind NAT.

Might be a issue with NAT, can't be helped. Thanks anyway!
    I'll just continue to use it for a low usage Minecraft server, like I said.

Actually incoming calls to your DID shouldn't be affected by NAT at all due to SIP registration. Asterisk is in constant contact with IPCOMMS server which acts as 'hole punching' for NAT.

Did you tried to run the VoIP server on IPv6 only?

• @Neoon said:

@farsighter said:

@Edmond said:

@Neoon said:

@Edmond said:

@Edmond said:

Actually incoming calls to your DID shouldn't be affected by NAT at all due to SIP registration. Asterisk is in constant contact with IPCOMMS server which acts as 'hole punching' for NAT.

Did you tried to run the VoIP server on IPv6 only?

No but few IPv4 ports are enough for personal use

• @farsighter said:

@Edmond said:

@Neoon said:

@Edmond said:

@Edmond said:

Apparently wasn’t a issue with NAT (I tried setting it to quality=yes to keep a constant connection with them), but a issue with IPComms themselves. It works now!

• Is it possible to get one for testing ghost blog for personal use ?

@Edmond said:

@farsighter said:

@Edmond said:

@Neoon said:

@Edmond said:

@Edmond said:

Apparently wasn’t a issue with NAT (I tried setting it to quality=yes to keep a constant connection with them), but a issue with IPComms themselves. It works now!

Neat that it works now.

@Sadcasm said:
    Is it possible to get one for testing ghost blog for personal use ?

Yea but you need to fulfill the requirements.

NL Restocked.

• @twain said:
    Any chance you could add Turnkey LXC ISO to NanoKVM management UI?
    https://www.turnkeylinux.org/lxc
    https://www.turnkeylinux.org/download?file=turnkey-lxc-15.1-stretch-amd64.iso

hmmm... they have a vmware vmdk image.. I could try to convert to raw and dd to HDD in gparted live.. will try that first...

@twain said:

Done.

• @Neoon said:

@twain said:

Done.

Oh, cool, thanks!

• GanonkGanonk Member
    edited January 2020

@Neoon i'm very hope to you be accept my request 🙏 thanks you very much.

user : ganonk

Token : a8cbd1ef1330944d6b66323fc77c15afb0085c2b

i do like to test automating server build and for monitoring my web server.

@Ganonk said:
    @Neoon i'm very hope to you be accept my request 🙏 thanks you very much.

Token : a8cbd1ef1330944d6b66323fc77c15afb0085c2b

Well, the account needs to be 4 months old, which you do not meet yet.
    You can apply again when you meet that criteria.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • Can you please install Debian 10 for me? I have data backups so feel free to do it when you are free :)

@sayem314 said:
    Can you please install Debian 10 for me? I have data backups so feel free to do it when you are free :)

You can install Debian 10 or any other OS anytime over the control panel.
    Just mount the iso file of your choice and install it via VNC.

If you want a reinstall via template, drop me a PM and I send you the new login details.

• 5b4106b956ea6a6775ee2e0388526b913e5a2575

My purpose would be another monitoring instance for my other projects (in the US!) & just a box with a reliable test environment. OpenVZ isn't that nice for that purpose, so I'm looking for something where I could set my own kernel.
    I hope you can help me out.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @benj0x said:
    5b4106b956ea6a6775ee2e0388526b913e5a2575

My purpose would be another monitoring instance for my other projects (in the US!) & just a box with a reliable test environment. OpenVZ isn't that nice for that purpose, so I'm looking for something where I could set my own kernel.

Deployed.

(but i'm crying)

@benj0x said:
    5b4106b956ea6a6775ee2e0388526b913e5a2575

Deployed

Thanked by 2benj0x Ganonk
  • Token: a5ab19366769befbe74f359aa6713eaee3662284

I expect the server to be low spec so I'll use it for netdata, network monitoring, ping my services, jump host for ssh.

@jamuja said:
    Token: a5ab19366769befbe74f359aa6713eaee3662284

I expect the server to be low spec so I'll use it for netdata, network monitoring, ping my services, jump host for ssh.

Well, currently there seems to be a problem regarding deploys on NL, I will let you know when its fixed.

• @Neoon said:

@jamuja said:

Well, currently there seems to be a problem regarding deploys on NL, I will let you know when its fixed.

Location don't matter to me so anywhere available I'd be very much appreciated it

@jamuja said:

@Neoon said:

@jamuja said:

Location don't matter to me so anywhere available I'd be very much appreciated it

Apparently Proxmox 6.x dropped an update that broke some parts of a API, which made it impossible to clone anything.

Still need to wait until its patched, you can apply again for the US location if the location does not matter as you said. Since this one is still running on 5.x

• @Neoon said:

@jamuja said:

@Neoon said:

@jamuja said:

Apparently Proxmox 6.x dropped an update that broke some parts of a API, which made it impossible to clone anything.

Still need to wait until its patched, you can apply again for the US location if the location does not matter as you said. Since this one is still running on 5.x

Ok I re applied.
    Token: 2cc05ddbaac638eb2d642f823f880002c53048eb

Thank you.

@jamuja said:

@Neoon said:

@jamuja said:

@Neoon said:

@jamuja said:

Ok I re applied.
    Token: 2cc05ddbaac638eb2d642f823f880002c53048eb

Thank you.

Deployed

• @Neoon said:

Deployed

Thank you. The specs is better than I thought.

Is it okay to use this server as a test bed for my app I'm developing?

It will make lots of connection to AWS S3 and/or Google cloud from time to time. But for most of the time it will stay idle :smiley:

Obviously I don't want to hog resources, any suggestions how to limit it so I won't abuse more than fair use?

@jamuja said:

@Neoon said:

Deployed

It will make lots of connection to AWS S3 and/or Google cloud from time to time. But for most of the time it will stay idle :smiley:

Obviously I don't want to hog resources, any suggestions how to limit it so I won't abuse more than fair use?

That's okay.

There are I/O, Network and CPU limits in place, so maxing them out, while doing stuff for a bit is no problem at all.

• jamujajamuja Member
    edited February 2020

@Neoon said:

@jamuja said:

@Neoon said:

Deployed

That's okay.

There are I/O, Network and CPU limits in place, so maxing them out, while doing stuff for a bit is no problem at all.

@Neoon
    I was in the middle of rsync my scripts and suddenly my server hangs, "bash fork cannot allocate memory"
    I can't reboot the server from the control panel and my ssh is dead.

Is it possible to have someone reboot my server ?
    The message from control panel is to contact admin.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. it's good now.

• when DE will be restocked?

i'm very interesting hha

edited February 2020

@jamuja said:
    @Neoon
    I was in the middle of rsync my scripts and suddenly my server hangs, "bash fork cannot allocate memory"
    I can't reboot the server from the control panel and my ssh is dead.

Is it possible to have someone reboot my server ?
    The message from control panel is to contact admin.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. it's good now.

I saw nothing abnormal on the node, including memory usage.
    The bug you mentioned above is fixed.

@Ganonk said:
    when DE will be restocked?

i'm very interesting hha

DE has resources available but networking was not configured to accommodate more vps.
    Still there is NL as option currently but no ETA when I will expand the configuration.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • i hope now will be deployed 🙏

token : f3c82b89cffe468a9b8c6374296b94fe4602ce17

• GanonkGanonk Member
    edited March 2020

we Love you @Neoon :heart: