Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LATEST storage cupons aviable , 30% off recurring for life 1gbps port speed Located in Romania! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LATEST storage cupons aviable , 30% off recurring for life 1gbps port speed Located in Romania!

1235»

Comments

• @magnoman said:
    Thanks.. using debian now but if i need to revert back that will help..

How have you got debian installed? Like someone else mentioned further up the re-install list is empty for my VPS and I'm stuck with Centos 6.
    The previous node was LXC with a somewhat current kernel version and this reprovisioned VPS is on OpenVZ with a 2.6 kernel meaning nothing more recent than Debian Stretch will work due to libc6 newer than 2.24 absolutely needing a 3.x or newer kernel.

• @mountyPython I’ve got the same issue with my reprovisioned VPS. Had ticket opened for about 5 days now with no response

• @mountyPython said:

@magnoman said:
    Thanks.. using debian now but if i need to revert back that will help..

How have you got debian installed? Like someone else mentioned further up the re-install list is empty for my VPS and I'm stuck with Centos 6.
    The previous node was LXC with a somewhat current kernel version and this reprovisioned VPS is on OpenVZ with a 2.6 kernel meaning nothing more recent than Debian Stretch will work due to libc6 newer than 2.24 absolutely needing a 3.x or newer kernel.

I had debian upto 8 and ubuntu upto 16 and centos on my dropdown list..

• If the box is running KernelCare, most of the recent systemd unwarranted kernel abuse will work fine with a patched 2.6 based kernel - at least through Debian 9 / Ubuntu 16.04.

• godslayergodslayer Member
    edited April 2019

coupon code expired? :( 7PD1CCU3TR
    need another one

• I still don't get why he keeps releasing coupons when just by checking LET we can know how many tickets he has to reply and no reply is made and he swore a few months back that support would change..

• My VPS with @cociu is running happily for a long time now :)

21:05:35 up 178 days, 5:56, 1 user, load average: 0.38, 0.10, 0.03

• desfire said: I still don't get why he keeps releasing coupons when just by checking LET we can know how many tickets he has to reply and no reply is made

FWIW, the last ticket I put in was replied to in half a day.

• cociucociu Member

godslayer said: coupon code expired? 7PD1CCU3TR

need another one

the title was clear "the last cupons" , we will not ofer any more this huge disccount in storage plan. At least not near future. We will focus to offer something different.

• cociucociu Member

desfire said: I still don't get why he keeps releasing coupons when just by checking LET we can know how many tickets he has to reply and no reply is made and he swore a few months back that support would change..

you see what you want to see only , read the entirely comments and you will see have people what hi got the response in less 30 min. NOW most of the time who blame here make this mistakes :neutral:

1) open a tiket and is bump
    2) open multiple tikets
    3) and i hope people understand , when we are full in orders like storage plan wich is need manually provision is normal to delay more in tiketing because we are focused to provide what the people is waiting.
    4) Many of you guys is broke my words think is more smart . I STRONG SUGEST DO NOT UPGRADE THE OS , THE VM IS BLOCK AND NO WAY TO REINSTALL IT . So all this tikets is the last what we are resolved because we have been verry clear about os upgrade.

i hope is all clear.

• Hi @cociu

Please check your inbox. I sent a message.

• @cociu said:

I STRONG SUGEST DO NOT UPGRADE THE OS , THE VM IS BLOCK AND NO WAY TO REINSTALL IT

Ehh.. you also said "DO NOT TRY TO UPDATE YOURSELF BECAUSE YOUR VPS WILL BE BROKEN "

So, which is it? No updates would be insane, so I suggest you men upgrading the OS?

• OpenVZ bottom feeders are the worst bottom feeders.

• AIOAIO Member

manlivo said: Please check your inbox. I sent a message.

Just you wait for a hissy fit that you didn't file a ticket so he could ignore it.

• @AIO said:

Just you wait for a hissy fit that you didn't file a ticket so he could ignore it.

I didn't find my ticket.

• RAINMANRAINMAN Member
    edited April 2019

I've had a ticket open since 21/03/2019 (00:28) for slow network speeds and no reply yet. How long should I wait?

Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by Digicomm (Sovata) [66.87 km]: 92.002 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 3.68 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed................................................................................................
    Upload: 24.24 Mbit/s

And that test is best case senario. Any furthur of a test is way worse. Sometimes less then 1mbit.

He complains if we ask about tickets here but if we dont it never gets answered. What else can I do?

• GoonGoon Member

The ticket issue is a legitimate issue, just because someone at some point in time had thier ticket answered in 5 minutes doesn't reflect the recent average. I waited 2-3 weeks for a response for a simple re-install. I'm an extremely patient person but I have basically gotten no use out of something I ordered a month ago. After the template issue has been resolved I'm getting an average of 5 down and 15 upload multiple days in a row. I think a lot of people here are justified in expecting even a slightly working product.

• I dont mind waiting but at least reply with an eta and give me a credit for all the time my VPS is unusable. That really shouldn't be a big ask I feel like.

• AIOAIO Member

@RAINMAN said:
    I dont mind waiting but at least reply with an eta and give me a credit for all the time my VPS is unusable. That really shouldn't be a big ask I feel like.

Inb4 someone comes around defending cociu by saying "It's so cheap! What do you expect from a x EUR VPS!!!?!!".

• cociucociu Member

AIO said: Inb4 someone comes around defending cociu by saying "It's so cheap! What do you expect from a x EUR VPS!!!?!!".

this is not a problem about cheap or not , i can assure about this. We have degraded due of some issues when we have swich from openvz6 to lxc (we have change this to offer more templates for the clients ) and when we have see the shit of what happened with the new lxc (faced +1000 tikets in 3 days) we have decided to not sell any more this shit for the moment , at least until we will see this will be more stable. All this together with 2 storage servers faill was caused many problems. But ... right now we have 30 tikets opened so i espect to be resolved this night and be back to normal. Also good news for the ipv6 implementation , we are offering for the moment for all dedis a/64 ipv6 for free and in the next weeks we will offer also for vps.

Thanks all for understand.

• hkmixhkmix Member

is the coupon expired ?

• @hkmix said:
    is the coupon expired ?

Serious Answer - Yes, it expired and Cociu said he won't offer again for some time, read previous comments on this page

cociu said: the title was clear "the last cupons" , we will not ofer any more this huge disccount in storage plan. At least not near future. We will focus to offer something different.

Shitpost Answer - Cociu said he will make exclusive coupons for you, just send your sisters to him.

• LeviLevi Member

OpenVZ 6 to LXC... Wondering who made a research to offer such decision. OVZ6 to OVZ7! LXC is not production ready for hosting industry.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@LTniger said:
    OpenVZ 6 to LXC... Wondering who made a research to offer such decision. OVZ6 to OVZ7! LXC is not production ready for hosting industry.

My understanding has been that @cociu et al. use a slightly non-standard OVZ6-setup, which is why OS-upgrades and template-reinstalls have been a perennial problem -- just consider all of the comments regarding OS-upgrades and template-reinstalls over the past few years.

What they appear to be doing is to use LXC (and not OVZ7) for their new storage-server deployments. Their old storage servers with OVZ6 remain with OVZ6 for the time being (so they aren't "upgrading" from OVZ6 to LXC).

(This is my perception from a distance -- I may be mistaken.)

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited April 2019

@angstrom said:

@LTniger said:

My understanding has been that @cociu et al. use a slightly non-standard OVZ6-setup, which is why OS-upgrades and template-reinstalls have been a perennial problem -- just consider all of the comments regarding OS-upgrades and template-reinstalls over the past few years.

What they appear to be doing is to use LXC (and not OVZ7) for their new storage-server deployments. Their old storage servers with OVZ6 remain with OVZ6 for the time being (so they aren't "upgrading" from OVZ6 to LXC).

(This is my perception from a distance -- I may be mistaken.)

history suggests that he is using proxmox all the way. and they (proxmox) changed from OVZ to LXC quite some time ago.

I always wondered what had to be 'individualized' at all and for what purpose that he'd take on with all the shit of manual provisioning, breaking stuff on simple inside upgrades and so on...

He'll probably never reveal but my bets are on some old outdated module for having some basic control panel functions inside whatever other platform. maybe it's even some 'workaround' to avoid licensing fees on whatever would be per VM otherwise...

I know of no one else who endured such a long time period with all the shit that kind of setup obviously has thrown at him, while there would have been enough alternatives as all other providers are using...

• LeviLevi Member

Proxmox do not charge per vm, only per physical cpu.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@LTniger said:
    Proxmox do not charge per vm, only per physical cpu.

Proxmox does not even cost a dime unless you want the enterprise subscription for access to the fresher repos.

However, I was talking about some other piece of software that might be used to add enduser control panel capabilities etc. ;-)

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited April 2019

Falzo said: proxmox all the way

Falzo said: my bets are on some old outdated module for having some basic control panel functions inside whatever other platform. maybe it's even some 'workaround'

Interesting bets. This Ovz6 setup sounds very "secure"... Those experiencing LXC pain might be the real winners mid/long term as the Ovz6 shit will probably not be upgraded to Ovz7/LXC in due time.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Falzo said: history suggests that he is using proxmox all the way. and they (proxmox) changed from OVZ to LXC quite some time ago.

Indeed, you're right, they use Proxmox (I had forgotten this when I wrote my post above).

What seems to be the case is that the current storage offers are on recent Proxmox + LXC deployments, which apparently introduce problems of their own in a business hosting context.

The old storage servers, as far as I can tell, are still on old Proxmox + OVZ6 deployments. Upgrading these (whenever that time comes) will not be an easy affair, I'm afraid.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2019

Using LXC not a good idea as I mentioned multiple times alot of bugs here and there!