Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LATEST storage cupons aviable , 30% off recurring for life 1gbps port speed Located in Romania! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LATEST storage cupons aviable , 30% off recurring for life 1gbps port speed Located in Romania!

Comments

• GoonGoon Member

Yeah. I'm also getting an error in trying to reinstall my OS. I see nothing in the drop down at all.

• Is the panel 404 for any1 else been unable to access for 2 days now and i put in a ticket but if the panel 404 for services link i have no idea if it went through??

• @carcosa said:
    Is the panel 404 for any1 else been unable to access for 2 days now and i put in a ticket but if the panel 404 for services link i have no idea if it went through??

You mean it 404's when you try to see a specific instance or just generally upon logging in? One of my two instances gives a 404 error as well. Been a little over three days.

• When i click services>my service it gives me an error page saying login missing check server config and the instance is down no ping at all.
    Status page borked too?
    https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/serverstatus.php

• Yeah, same here. I'm guessing they're having a problem. My other tickets have always been answered within a few hours.

You can't use that status page as an indicator. I'm pretty sure that's been broken for a long time.

• I used to think Hostsolutions was cheap and cost effective.

Now I find Hostsolutions's really sucks, the service is terrible, and the machine is extremely unstable.

Once the server goes down, it's gone, No one will take care of it, because Hostsolutions already received your money and it wastes your time.

Thanked by 2snow2k AIO
  • edited March 2019

thanks marius

• magnomanmagnoman Member
    edited March 2019

@dajiba said:
    I used to think Hostsolutions was cheap and cost effective.

Now I find Hostsolutions's really sucks, the service is terrible, and the machine is extremely unstable.

Once the server goes down, it's gone, No one will take care of it, because Hostsolutions already received your money and it wastes your time.

If this is the case why is the provider allowed to advertise here ?..
    My server is down since 4 days ago and i have a ticket in the system but no reply.
    There is also no announcement on their homepage..

I have paid on a yearly basis so is all lost ?

• magnoman said: I have paid on a yearly basis so is all lost ?

It may take a while but it will be ok. He is somewhat swamped getting servers going. This has happened before. It's not good, but if you don't want to deal with it, ask for a refund and you should get one.

Thanked by 2skorous magnoman
  • @willie is right. I've only been a customer for five months but I've seen this happen once before and he makes it right (eventually).

Thanked by 1magnoman
  • What CPU is used for these storage plans?

• eoleol Member

• creicrei Member

@carcosa said:
    When i click services>my service it gives me an error page saying login missing check server config and the instance is down no ping at all.

Me too :(

• i want to buy a quarently : $12.74USD VPS

can my quarently be put in quarantine?

on a serious note these just normal linux VPS or..?

• @wantvpsinseychelles said:
    i want to buy a quarently : $12.74USD VPS

can my quarently be put in quarantine?

on a serious note these just normal linux VPS or..?

and you want to become a provider?

LOL!

• @magnoman said:
    My server is down since 4 days ago and i have a ticket in the system but no reply.

Me too.
    If your server goes down, you're completely out of luck!
    They don't care ticket .
    Just wait and keep wasting your money, bro

• I used to be a loyal customer of Hostsolutions, cheap price, large storage space, acceptable uptime, but one day, I lost all my h3ntai tentac1e p0rn collections after a normal reboot. Everything was just, gone. I ended up with an empty fresh reinstalled server.

I was so frustrated that I even lost interest in collecting h3ntai tentac1e p0rn after that.

• Cociu rehab clinic. Great success.

Thanked by 3eol dahartigan MasonR
  • @dajiba said:

@magnoman said:

Me too.
    If your server goes down, you're completely out of luck!
    They don't care ticket .
    Just wait and keep wasting your money, bro

Same here.
    My box went missing 4 days ago. Haven't heard back from them for 4 days now. Of course it's the weekend but they don't react.

Might as well try to get back my money with paypal...

• AIOAIO Member

@dajiba said:
    I used to think Hostsolutions was cheap and cost effective.

I don't think it's unreasonable for @cociu to be asked to fix the issue with reinstallation templates that's been going on for over a month now.

• I was watching on Netflix some new Tv show, love death and robots and in 5th episode (Sucker of the soul) they spoke ton of Romanian dialogues and offered no translation and I was thinking about cociu.

Thanked by 3uptime eol vimalware
  • @Kiwi83 said:
    I used to be a loyal customer of Hostsolutions, cheap price, large storage space, acceptable uptime, but one day, I lost all my h3ntai tentac1e p0rn collections after a normal reboot. Everything was just, gone. I ended up with an empty fresh reinstalled server.

I was so frustrated that I even lost interest in collecting h3ntai tentac1e p0rn after that.

The same this time, my data's all gone, they rebuild new one for me,I don't want to say anything more, I feel tired.

• kuzko_topiakuzko_topia Member
    edited March 2019

Ok, so I took one for a spin, and it's a bit weird, I think they might have oversold it to oblivion ;) :
    My swap is full when I do anything (128/128MB) but my ram usage is only 24 MB on 1GB.
    Ok I get it's cheap but damn, that's weird behavior. (and yep I tried changing swappiness)

I also had the issue with the reinstall, ubuntu 16.04 upgrade breakes libc6, so I'm using 14.04 after crashing it and opening a ticket, and they solved the reinstall issue rather quickly, so good on them for that...
    hope to keep it running without other problems than the ram thingie for now.

• @dajiba said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    I used to be a loyal customer of Hostsolutions, cheap price, large storage space, acceptable uptime, but one day, I lost all my h3ntai tentac1e p0rn collections after a normal reboot. Everything was just, gone. I ended up with an empty fresh reinstalled server.

The same this time, my data's all gone, they rebuild new one for me,I don't want to say anything more, I feel tired.

Is this recent?
    Mines nearly 7 days and still no contact , I cannot believe no annoucement or reply to my ticket..
    Looking at some of the comments that say do not add a second ticket you will go down the list etc i can see why this is happening as no one is getting a reply but business is still active :(

• zhssozhsso Member

@magnoman said:

@dajiba said:

@Kiwi83 said:

Is this recent?
    Mines nearly 7 days and still no contact , I cannot believe no annoucement or reply to my ticket..
    Looking at some of the comments that say do not add a second ticket you will go down the list etc i can see why this is happening as no one is getting a reply but business is still active :(

mine is the same with you
    feel bad even it's idle all the time

• @magnoman said:

Is this recent?

FWIW, I just got a response to my ticket yesterday and my new machine provisioned. When did you put your ticket in?

• @skorous said:

@magnoman said:

Is this recent?

FWIW, I just got a response to my ticket yesterday and my new machine provisioned. When did you put your ticket in?

I put my ticket in on 20/3/19 server has been down since 19/3/19 21:30 still no contact yet..
    :(

• LetzienLetzien Member
    edited March 2019

@dahartigan said:

@plumberg said:
    can I create an encrypted fs on this before pushing my data for backup? Thanks

You can create a LUKS image on it, not a filesystem. I routinely do this with OpenVZ storage, and then use a KVM along with sshfs to interact with that image.

This is such a bad idea for ploop. Such a bad fucking idea. E: See sig.

• magnoman said: I put my ticket in on 20/3/19 server has been down since 19/3/19 21:30 still no contact yet..

I would imagine you're getting pretty close. I put mine in just about the same time.