Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LATEST storage cupons aviable , 30% off recurring for life 1gbps port speed Located in Romania! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LATEST storage cupons aviable , 30% off recurring for life 1gbps port speed Located in Romania!

Comments

• i think they have now centos 7, debian 8 and ubuntu 16.04 in this plan

• cociucociu Member

icehosting said: i think they have now centos 7, debian 8 and ubuntu 16.04 in this plan

yes this template is in the list , thanks

• @cociu said:

icehosting said: i think they have now centos 7, debian 8 and ubuntu 16.04 in this plan

yes this template is in the list , thanks

Anh please read my message. :)

• @cociu The nameserver prefix is invalid.

It does not matter what I type it always says it is invalid

• skorousskorous Member
    edited March 2019

@desfire said:
    @cociu The nameserver prefix is invalid.

I'm going to guess it does matter what you type there since it tells you it's invalid. What have you tried so far?

• Is this ovz setup to be able to run docker (for the 1tb special)? I've not tried running docker on an ovz vps so I'm not sure if it's worth trying (if its enabled).

• desfiredesfire Member
    edited March 2019

@skorous said:

@desfire said:
    @cociu The nameserver prefix is invalid.

I'm going to guess it does matter what you type there since it tells you it's invalid. What have you tried so far?

ns1.mydomain.com what you tipically write when they ask for nameservers :/

it works just by typing ns1 and ns2 :|

• cociucociu Member

desfire said: @cociu The nameserver prefix is invalid.

put only ns1 and ns2

• @mhubud said:
    Is this ovz setup to be able to run docker (for the 1tb special)? I've not tried running docker on an ovz vps so I'm not sure if it's worth trying (if its enabled).

AFAIK docker needs full virtualization like KVM n because it requires its own kernel. OVZ id shared kernel.

• @mhubud said:
    Is this ovz setup to be able to run docker (for the 1tb special)? I've not tried running docker on an ovz vps so I'm not sure if it's worth trying (if its enabled).

No. But this ovz runs PHP fpm +mysql stack fine.

• @dahartigan said:
    Got any unwanted sisters that are strong on plow and perform good in bedroom? Trade them in for extra 20% cupon, no refound if vashin hang like sleeve of wizard or receive hair on chest.

And please consult dahartigan before trading your daughter/sister/wife with cociu. He will assist you better.

Good luck with your trade 😉

Thanked by 2dahartigan eol
  • @uxtvdl said:

@dahartigan said:
    Got any unwanted sisters that are strong on plow and perform good in bedroom? Trade them in for extra 20% cupon, no refound if vashin hang like sleeve of wizard or receive hair on chest.

And please consult dahartigan before trading your daughter/sister/wife with cociu. He will assist you better.

Good luck with your trade 😉

I'll do the quality checks, take them for a spin and make sure they're strong on plow.. can't waste cociu's time with inferior potassium wives and sisters

Thanked by 2uxtvdl eol
  • can I create an encrypted fs on this before pushing my data for backup? Thanks

• @plumberg said:
    can I create an encrypted fs on this before pushing my data for backup? Thanks

You're lucky if the goddamn thing boots.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ehabehab Member
    edited March 2019

@Letzien said:

with the above video, i want to believe you are wss.

Thanked by 1hellfire1980
  • @Letzien said:

@plumberg said:

Umm. Why so?

• @plumberg said:

@Letzien said:

@plumberg said:

Umm. Why so?

This is an OVZ 6 service, for one. For two, do a search.

• @plumberg said:

You can create a LUKS image on it, not a filesystem. I routinely do this with OpenVZ storage, and then use a KVM along with sshfs to interact with that image.

Thanked by 2uptime vimalware
  • @dahartigan said:

@plumberg said:

You can create a LUKS image on it, not a filesystem. I routinely do this with OpenVZ storage, and then use a KVM along with sshfs to interact with that image.

I plan to simply dump a couple of archives via rclone (from my local computer) to this instance. So what should be the best way for me to save data on that image via rclone on that LUKs image? Thanks.

• I haven't used rclone, so it's hard for me to give you any instructions on that. If rclone lets you mount a remote machine or directory as a filesystem, then you just use luks to open that image and mount it on your KVM.

If you use sshfs it's easier, you basically get a KVM VPS, use sshfs to mount your cociu box as say, /cociubox and then if your image is located at /cociubox/secret.img then you could use luks to open that on the KVM, then mount the "opened" image as a directory, example /encryptedstorage and then you can access your files that way.

It's a round-about way to do it, but it's a great way to use VZ to store sensitive files.

• @dahartigan said:
    I haven't used rclone, so it's hard for me to give you any instructions on that. If rclone lets you mount a remote machine or directory as a filesystem, then you just use luks to open that image and mount it on your KVM.

If you use sshfs it's easier, you basically get a KVM VPS, use sshfs to mount your cociu box as say, /cociubox and then if your image is located at /cociubox/secret.img then you could use luks to open that on the KVM, then mount the "opened" image as a directory, example /encryptedstorage and then you can access your files that way.

It's a round-about way to do it, but it's a great way to use VZ to store sensitive files.

Ahh. I see. That's interesting.

So on openvz, how do I create one luks image? Any tutorial I can use? Thanks

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited March 2019

@plumberg said:

@dahartigan said:
    I haven't used rclone, so it's hard for me to give you any instructions on that. If rclone lets you mount a remote machine or directory as a filesystem, then you just use luks to open that image and mount it on your KVM.

TO SETUP AND CREATE

On the storage (can be VZ) (the 512 is the number of GB, change to whatever size you want to make)

dd if=/dev/zero of=encrypted.img bs=1G seek=512 count=0

On the KVM or Dedi (sshfs to the encrypted.img)

sshfs -o allow_other user@openvz:/ /mnt/openvz
    cryptsetup -y luksFormat /mnt/openvz/path/to/encrypted.img

cryptsetup luksOpen /mnt/openvz/path/to/encrypted.img mappername

mkfs.ext4 /dev/mapper/mappername

mkdir /path/to/mount

mount /dev/mapper/mappername /path/to/mount

To Unmount

umount /path/to/mount
    cryptsetup luksClose data

• @dahartigan said:

@plumberg said:

@dahartigan said:

TO SETUP AND CREATE

On the storage (can be VZ) (the 512 is the number of GB, change to whatever size you want to make)

dd if=/dev/zero of=encrypted.img bs=1G seek=512 count=0

On the KVM or Dedi (sshfs to the encrypted.img)

sshfs -o allow_other user@openvz:/ /mnt/openvz
    cryptsetup -y luksFormat /mnt/openvz/path/to/encrypted.img

cryptsetup luksOpen /mnt/openvz/path/to/encrypted.img mappername

mkfs.ext4 /dev/mapper/mappername

mkdir /path/to/mount

mount /dev/mapper/mappername /path/to/mount

To Unmount

umount /path/to/mount
    cryptsetup luksClose data

Awesome. Will try it this weekend! Thanks

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @ehab said:

@Letzien said:

with the above video, i want to believe you are wss.

Classic.

• RAINMANRAINMAN Member
    edited March 2019

@cociu Can you look at my ticket (#298166)? I can't rebuild my server since there are no templates available. This has been open for almost a day now. I also submitted a lower priority ticket a few days ago without any response either. Haven't been able to use my server since I got it.

• eoleol Member

@LTniger said:
    Is it true that if you store some quality pr0n there is a risk to lose it? I'am looking for a sweet spot to off-load some of my stuff.

LOL.
    Nice one.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • cociucociu Member
    edited March 2019

RAINMAN said: @cociu Can you look at my ticket (#298166)? I can't rebuild my server since there are no templates available. This has been open for almost a day now. I also submitted a lower priority ticket a few days ago without any response either. Haven't been able to use my server since I got it

yes i will look to your tiket and i will move it down in the list (will delay more) , in this case i hope you will understand this is not our tiket system , also when we offer discount in storage plan you must to understand we will have delay due of huge demand , due of the isiots who is not read the entirely offer about delivery time and is still open tikets asking about pending state and this is delay all our work.

Sorry because i will proceed in delay intentionally your tiket but i need to take this decision because i see the people from LET is not calm about post in this threads about the tiket so finnaly i hope this will change the situation.

1) we have tiketing system
    2) we have skype
    3) we have email

and people is still post here his tiket number and more , some of them have 6 tikets open about "i need y vps asap"

Thanked by 2softxnews ps20090
  • You might wanna re-read his post. The issue is at your end, where reinstall templates go missing. I think I ticketed in for that twice so far, so its not a rare thing either.

Thanked by 2skorous AIO
  • AMXRTAMXRT Member

omg man, manually approving VPS... this is so "old-school"

• cociucociu Member

AMXRT said: omg man, manually approving VPS... this is so "old-school"

nobody told you is manually or not , we havw set verry lear this days to have time to install new nodes in case of orders go to heaven like always. Also yes some orders need to be manually accepted specially the new customers.