Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS | 8 Locations | From £16 Per Year | DDOS Protected. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS | 8 Locations | From £16 Per Year | DDOS Protected.

Comments

• Looks like there are fresh offers on the flash sale page.. there's one with 4 cores in Germany. Doc's gone bonkers guys lol

• I'm refreshing on SGP node..

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @dahartigan said:
    Looks like there are fresh offers on the flash sale page.. there's one with 4 cores in Germany. Doc's gone bonkers guys lol

Had to tie my hands not to click on impulse.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:
    Looks like there are fresh offers on the flash sale page.. there's one with 4 cores in Germany. Doc's gone bonkers guys lol

lol, I know right.. I have no need for Germany as a location but damn, that's a hell of a deal! Having said that, I once had no need for Texas as a location (anyone remember the prize draw that I gave away? lol) but I've just about migrated most of my things there except a few local AU things.

It's like an early BF/late xmas haha

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

lol, I know right.. I have no need for Germany as a location but damn, that's a hell of a deal! Having said that, I once had no need for Texas as a location (anyone remember the prize draw that I gave away? lol) but I've just about migrated most of my things there except a few local AU things.

Yeah same for me. Was gonna do it in AU / LA but with proper KVM Xeon golds + NVMe it overcame the performance issues, not forgetting 10gbits help too

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

Yeah same for me. Was gonna do it in AU / LA but with proper KVM Xeon golds + NVMe it overcame the performance issues, not forgetting 10gbits help too

From what I understand, the Gold node is one hell of a beast. Nested virt allowed and enabled, nvme + hdd, 10gbit is hard to find and especially for the price. I've installed Proxmox on mine and it's hard to tell that I'm running on a VPS, it feels like I have a whole dedi for a few bucks a month, it's crazy.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • HostDocHostDoc Member
    edited February 2019

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

From what I understand, the Gold node is one hell of a beast. Nested virt allowed and enabled, nvme + hdd, 10gbit is hard to find and especially for the price. I've installed Proxmox on mine and it's hard to tell that I'm running on a VPS, it feels like I have a whole dedi for a few bucks a month, it's crazy.

You forgot dedicated RAM.
    The Gold also packs a huge 320GB RAM. :wink:

• @HostDoc said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

Oh yeah and did I mention the RAM is dedicated? lol

• @dahartigan said:

@HostDoc said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

Oh yeah and did I mention the RAM is dedicated? lol

well guess what? could not resist after all. damn.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @dahartigan have you got the nested VPS as IPv6?

• Grrr - he got me! Couldn't resist; must let something else go.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @LeonDynamic said:
    @dahartigan have you got the nested VPS as IPv6?

I was trying to get that set up, but my limited knowledge of IPv6 is hurting my progress lol

In the end I just v4 NAT and port forward, works great. I have nginx running on a container for reverse proxy, kinda don't need v6 for now.

Thanked by 1LeonDynamic
  • i have ordered KVM VPS SG waiting for the services to be activated.

• @pakhosting said:
    i have ordered KVM VPS SG waiting for the services to be activated.

be patient, they have good support. Don't forget its weekend and they are people too.

Thanked by 2HostDoc eol
  • aw crap - had to grab another one, on the other side of the water.
    Guess I'm gonna be busy.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @pakhosting said:

It is a manual build due to the dual disk.
    Give us 15 minutes and it will be ready. TOS for the flash plans does mention that manual builds could be up to 24 hours to provision.
    Thank you for your patience.

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • i myself coming from extravm . lets see your service.

i have some queries but your chat is behaving .. i cant send live chat messages keeps on looping to same page where i start.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited February 2019

@pakhosting said:
    i have some queries but your chat is behaving .. i cant send live chat messages keeps on looping to same page where i start.

I had the same (misbehaving); try again later, after restarting your browser.

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@pakhosting said:

I had the same (misbehaving); try again later, after restarting your browser.

okay will try using another browser

• @pakhosting said:
    i myself coming from extravm . lets see your service.

Strange.
    Have you tried livechat from the clientarea or our main site also and are you experiencing the same symtoms there?
    I can also use your client account to initiate the chat, please respond if you get it.

• @ehab said:

@pakhosting said:

be patient, they have good support. Don't forget its weekend and they are people too.

#providerlivesmatter

• Am I the only one refreshing the sale page every time I pick up my phone or jump on the computer? It's not that I need any more servers, it's just that they are so bloody tempting!!

Thanked by 2HostDoc pullangcubo
  • Any customer experience stories with this provider?

I'm trying to tread carefully due to the low cost and the no-refund policy.

• @TommyC said:
    Any customer experience stories with this provider?

Plenty. Excellent performance, excellent customer service. Don't be a dick and there are no issues. Hostdoc doesn't take kindly to idiots who like to abuse, so the servers are actually performant. These are flash sales, so it's obviously not everyday prices. No refunds means check looking glass to make sure you have no network complaints.

Search for hostdoc reviews and see for yourself.

Thanked by 2HostDoc firstsecond
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited February 2019

Only abusers need worry. Hostdoc kept that simple for everyone

Now holding US/DE/SG and all good . not just good. Great.

• yes i can also say support is good. they keep it simple .

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @TommyC said:

Dont fret too much about the no refund clause. We do have an alternative in place if you are not completely happy with your purchase which could either be a free migration to a different node within the same price range to replicate your exact plan on (space permitting) or you can have the refund added to your WHMCS account to be used towards a future purchase.
    The no refund clause on promotional items is mainly to stop and deter abusers.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @HostDoc said:

@TommyC said:

Dont fret too much about the no refund clause. We do have an alternative in place if you are not completely happy with your purchase which could either be a free migration to a different node within the same price range to replicate your exact plan on (space permitting) or you can have the refund added to your WHMCS account to be used towards a future purchase.

Ah I see, that makes sense.

Where is the USA VPS located if I might ask? I don't see it on the order page or in the price listing page.

• @TommyC said:

@HostDoc said:

@TommyC said:

Ah I see, that makes sense.

Where is the USA VPS located if I might ask? I don't see it on the order page or in the price listing page.

Apologies, I have just realised for new clents who know nothing about us, there is really not much information available on the flash site other than following the link to our main site.
    It was originally set up for clients only and ran for a week with only clients accessing and knowing what they were purchasing.
    USA node in located in Dallas and our DC provider is Incero.

• SovaSova Member
    edited February 2019

Got one of the Germany KVM's.
    Here's a centminmod bench/install time if anyone is interested:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total Curl Installer YUM or DNF Time: 132.0908 seconds
    Total YUM Time: 8.249166241 seconds
    Total YUM or DNF + Source Download Time: 30.3619
    Total Nginx First Time Install Time: 202.5775
    Total PHP First Time Install Time: 389.1187
    Download From Github Time: 4.0952
    Total Time Other eg. source compiles: 308.4058
    Total Centmin Mod Install Time: 930.4640
    Total Install Time (curl yum + cm install + zip download): 1066.6500 seconds
    2 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    2 4007.99