Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS | 8 Locations | From £16 Per Year | DDOS Protected.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS | 8 Locations | From £16 Per Year | DDOS Protected.

We are happy to introduce our low stock sale items.

• Custom ISO uploads enabled
  • IPV6 available in USA
  • Non refundable
  • KVM Virtualisation
  • Plans are stackable

Visit our sales site here.

Test IPs
Looking Glass

Comments

• The second USA plan is 13 quid, cheaper than the 16 in title fyi :)

Oh and nested virtualization on the USA Gold CPU, can confirm it works perfectly with Proxmox running KVM and LXC guests.

3rd AU plan kills OVH new cloud by a long shot, as does 3rd SGP plan.

Thanked by 2cybertech HostDoc
  • LeonDynamicLeonDynamic Member
    edited February 2019

@hostdoc KVM UK 2 is listed at £2.69/m or £2.49/y. I know it’s an error but others may get confused. You know how easily some get confused, let’s not not talk swap 😂

Excellent offers as always and performance is fantastic on my VMs with you.

• @dahartigan said:
    The second USA plan is 13 quid, cheaper than the 16 in title fyi :)

Oh and nested virtualization on the USA Gold CPU, can confirm it works perfectly with Proxmox running KVM and LXC guests.

Yes, it is £13 but is an IPv6 only so did not add it to the title before the usual suspects start accusing me of click bait or whatever their new terms are.
    They will all change soon anyway.

Thanks.

• @LeonDynamic said:
    @hostdoc KVM UK 2 is listed at £2.69/m or £2.49/y. I know it’s an error but others may get confused. You know how easily some get confused, let’s not not talk swap 😂

Excellent offers as always and performance is fantastic on my VMs with you.

Lol. Wow. Thanks for pointing that out before angry individuals bombard live chat

Thanked by 1LeonDynamic
  • @HostDoc said:

@dahartigan said:

Yes, it is £13 but is an IPv6 only so did not add it to the title before the usual suspects start accusing me of click bait or whatever their new terms are.

Thanks.

Clickbait!

EDIT2:
    New Terms!

Thanked by 2HostDoc dahartigan
  • @LeonDynamic said:

You know how easily some get confused, let’s not not talk swap 😂

LOL!

@HostDoc said:

Thanks.

Haha I didn't notice the IP..

@eol said:

@HostDoc said:

@dahartigan said:

Thanks.

Clickbait!

EDIT2:
    New Terms!

LOL

• @HostDoc, how often do these deals rotate? I'm still hitting myself for missing a (really awesome) previous deal! :lol:

• @pullangcubo said:
    @HostDoc, how often do these deals rotate? I'm still hitting myself for missing a (really awesome) previous deal! :lol:

Is that the pool I got or the 3 core 6GB 10TB nvme/hdd monster? Maybe the doc can prescribe something for you..

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @dahartigan said:

@LeonDynamic said:

LOL!

@HostDoc said:

Thanks.

@eol said:

@HostDoc said:

@dahartigan said:

Thanks.

Clickbait!

EDIT2:
    New Terms!

LOL

Don't mention swap in this thread. I made sure to steer well clear from that word in order to keep the peace. ;)

• @pullangcubo said:
    @HostDoc, how often do these deals rotate? I'm still hitting myself for missing a (really awesome) previous deal! :lol:

There is no set time for rotation but a few will change today.
    Usually, when stock finishes we will change that specific offer.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @HostDoc said:

@dahartigan said:

@LeonDynamic said:

LOL!

@HostDoc said:

Thanks.

@eol said:

@HostDoc said:

@dahartigan said:

Thanks.

Clickbait!

EDIT2:
    New Terms!

LOL

Don't mention swap in this thread. I made sure to steer well clear from that word in order to keep the peace. ;)

Can you swap the word swap for something else? Or does swapping swap swat the swap too much?

Thanked by 3eol t0m HostDoc
  • pullangcubopullangcubo Member
    edited February 2019

@dahartigan But I get high with the rush and anticipation of new deals :lol:

dahartigan said: 3 core 6GB 10TB nvme/hdd monster

What was this?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited February 2019

@pullangcubo said:
    But I get high with the rush and anticipation of new deals :lol:

Ikr, the first thing I do when I wake up is to check the webpage, not as insane as Black Friday (which I almost don't sleep) but crazy enough.

Thanked by 3HostDoc pullangcubo t0m
  • @dahartigan said:

@HostDoc said:

@dahartigan said:

@LeonDynamic said:

LOL!

@HostDoc said:

Thanks.

@eol said:

@HostDoc said:

@dahartigan said:

Thanks.

Clickbait!

EDIT2:
    New Terms!

LOL

Can you swap the word swap for something else? Or does swapping swap swat the swap too much?

Haha haha.
    Right. That is it. You have publicly broken the terms of this thread.
    Your swap account is now pending termination.

@pullangcubo said:

What was this?

That was a very rare exclusive that was included in the sale at a ridiculous price.
    Blink and you may have missed it.

Thanked by 2eol pullangcubo
  • @dahartigan said:

@HostDoc said:

@dahartigan said:

@LeonDynamic said:

LOL!

@HostDoc said:

Thanks.

@eol said:

@HostDoc said:

@dahartigan said:

Thanks.

Clickbait!

EDIT2:
    New Terms!

LOL

LOL!
    I was about to post sth like that.

Thanked by 2dahartigan HostDoc
  • @HostDoc said:
    Haha haha.

Oh noes, I will have to download more ram then...

@eol great minds think alike (fools seldom differ)

@pullangcubo it was a crazy deal as rare as hen's teeth, you must have blinked at the wrong time..

Thanked by 2pullangcubo eol
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2019

@pullangcubo said:

What was this?

10 TB traffic (incero Dallas,10 Gbit port)

50 gb nvme, 50 gb hdd

3 cores, 6 gb ram

very nice deal (but just a bit over $7 so wouldn't be advertised as such on LET ...).

The current offer offer in Dallas for 3 cores / 4 gb ram comes close (but with "just" 2 TB traffic)

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • Does plex works with 256MB? no transcoding, direct play from Google drive.

• Lucky to hit the biggest beast of this season!

• @dahartigan said:

@HostDoc said:
    Haha haha.

Oh noes, I will have to download more ram then...

Download??
    No. It needs to be swapped then uploaded to a swap ram before swap is available to be swapped and downloaded.

@yokowasis said:
    Does plex works with 256MB? no transcoding, direct play from Google drive.

I would not advice it but @dahartigan works magic and can get that operational no problem. He will be best placed to advice you with small RAM.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Oh, that's why... I wasn't really paying attention to locations other than APAC hint hint @HostDoc

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @yokowasis said:

It will work, disable dlna and disable in the schedule anything like deep media analysis. Transcoding uses basically no ram. If you do transcode, set it to "fast".

Of course, install a light debian or ubuntu OS without anything like apache or sql running. Pm me if you need extra help.

As @HostDoc mentioned, I've done it and even the CPU usage is low. If you have anything that uses mono, ie jackett sonarr and radarr I would suggest putting those elsewhere, mono is an absolute RAM hog. I've got all the above running in 512mb.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • edited February 2019

@dahartigan said:

@yokowasis said:

It will work, disable dlna and disable in the schedule anything like deep media analysis. Transcoding uses basically no ram. If you do transcode, set it to "fast".

Of course, install a light debian or ubuntu OS without anything like apache or sql running. Pm me if you need extra help.

As @HostDoc mentioned, I've done it and even the CPU usage is low. If you have anything that uses mono, ie jackett sonarr and radarr I would suggest putting those elsewhere, mono is an absolute RAM hog. I've got all the above running in 512mb.

512 MB will do, but if you will need more RAM if you add several movies at a time..

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited February 2019

@chocolateshirt said:

@dahartigan said:

@yokowasis said:

512 MB will do, but if you will need more RAM if you add several movies at a time..

Plex itself doesn't use much memory, only when importing media. This is why you disable things like thumbnail generation and deep analysis, it just scans the file, matches with imdb etc and adds to the library. In the spirit of low end box, it's something that can absolutely be done with 256mb of RAM. It will likely only swap on the first mass import, after that smooth sailing. Source: I've done it.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • edited February 2019

@dahartigan said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@dahartigan said:

@yokowasis said:

Plex itself doesn't use much memory, only when importing media. This is why you disable things like thumbnail generation and deep analysis, it just scans the file, matches with imdb etc and adds to the library. In the spirit of low end box, it's something that can absolutely be done with 256mb of RAM. It will likely only swap on the first mass import, after that smooth sailing. Source: I've done it.

You are right, plex itself only use 200 MB ram, but you know, when you create a new mount drive for google drive using rclone/plexdrive and scan several movies at one time, it will hog more RAM compared than plex itself.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited February 2019

@chocolateshirt said:

@dahartigan said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@dahartigan said:

@yokowasis said:

You are right, plex itself only use 200 MB ram, but you know, when you create a new mount drive for google drive using rclone/plexdrive, it will hog more RAM compared than plex itself.

That may be the case, I don't use Google drive so I can't comment on that. I do however use sshfs to mount a media folder that lives 170ms away and the RAM usage is negligible. Keep in mind RAM usage is a funny thing, used RAM, free RAM and available RAM are wildly dependant on how much RAM you have. If you're not swapping you have enough RAM :)

Edit: it's probably possible to optimize rclone/plexdrive, maybe someone with experience in those can comment :)

Thanked by 1eol
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@dahartigan said:
    ... It will likely only swap on the first mass import, ...

@dahartigan said:
    ... If you're not swapping you have enough RAM :) ...

Triggered

• @dahartigan said:
    If you're not swapping you have enough RAM :)

Yes.
    If you don't use a swap partition you have enough RAM.
    If you need to use a swap partition you don't have enough RAM.

My haiku for today.

Thanked by 2dahartigan uptime
  • @eol said:

@dahartigan said:

Yes.

My haiku for today.

Lol, oomkiller will save the day

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member
    edited February 2019

@dahartigan said:

@eol said:

@dahartigan said:

Yes.

My haiku for today.

Lol, oomkiller will save the day

LOL.
    Indeed.

EDIT2:
    Without OOM it will just hard crash/hang.

Thanked by 1dahartigan