Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS | 8 Locations | From £16 Per Year | DDOS Protected. - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS | 8 Locations | From £16 Per Year | DDOS Protected.

1121314151618»

Comments

• @FAT32 said:

@Janevski said:
    @FAT32 Please. The benefits are immense.

If everyone else in this thread is reversed, I will be the only one reversed.

No. You're Bass-Ackwards.

• subvert the dominant paradigm!

it will be subtle ...

yet safe and effective

when used as directed

• eoleol Member

I agree.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited March 2019

not sure if its already resolved but just sharing that SG3 now works great for me with no high I/O wait. whatever intended use i had it for, its working great now. 600MB/s on NVMe main disk, healthy 180MB/s on HDD. no data loss from their maintenance.

and also apart from Gold beast in dallas the next best deals imo come from Germany. 6700Ks are no slouch either.

Thanked by 2HostDoc banxix
  • flatironflatiron Member
    edited March 2019

Hi, I managed to remain patient and scoop up one of the UK VPS' that was made available today. Everything in the account suggests I've got a UK-based VPS but looking up the IP online suggests its based in France! What gives?!?

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from OVH SAS (54.x.xx.x)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by Naitways (Paris) [1.88 km]: 12.308 ms

• @flatiron said:
    Hi, I managed to remain patient and scoop up one of the UK VPS' that was made available today. Everything in the account suggests I've got a UK-based VPS but looking up the IP online suggests its based in France! What gives?!?

Hello.
    The geo-location of OVH IP's is notorious for locating itself somewhere totally different from where your instance actually is and we get this question alot from clients.
    The easiest way to confirm the location of your machine is by running a traceroute.
    If your hostname begins with anything other than uk3, then contact us immediately as you will be in the wrong location.
    If it does indeed begin with uk3, then you are in the correct location on the correct node.

@cybertech said:
    not sure if its already resolved but just sharing that SG3 now works great for me with no high I/O wait. whatever intended use i had it for, its working great now. 600MB/s on NVMe main disk, healthy 180MB/s on HDD. no data loss from their maintenance.

and also apart from Gold beast in dallas the next best deals imo come from Germany. 6700Ks are no slouch either.

I am happy you are pleased with the performance after our maintenance. Being a client with numerous machines from us, it would have been noteable the performance in SG before maintenance is not what we promise nor what we usually deliver so the downtime was essential.
    Indeed the 6700K is no slouch but space there sold out quickly so you can be safe in the knowledge no new neighbours will be moving in anytime soon that might disrupt the tranquility currently in DE.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @HostDoc said:

@flatiron said:

Hello.
    The geo-location of OVH IP's is notorious for locating itself somewhere totally different from where your instance actually is and we get this question alot from clients.
    The easiest way to confirm the location of your machine is by running a traceroute.
    If your hostname begins with anything other than uk3, then contact us immediately as you will be in the wrong location.
    If it does indeed begin with uk3, then you are in the correct location on the correct node.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Can you suggest an IP to trace to? All my traceroute test results and numeric and confusingly have a 10.x.x.x addresses in hops 2-5.

Thanks

• @flatiron said:

@HostDoc said:

@flatiron said:

Hello.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Can you suggest an IP to trace to? All my traceroute test results and numeric and confusingly have a 10.x.x.x addresses in hops 2-5.

Thanks

You can either do a traceroute from a local machine to your VPS IP or can use our looking glass frtip.hostdoc.co.uk.
    If you need further assistance, please, use our clientsarea.

Thanked by 1flatiron
  • the geolocation detection sometimes goes south. try whois the ip with the regional rirs. if asia goes to apnic, europe goes to ripe and so on.

i also experience this where google and other website detect my ip comes from japan, while arin says its own by the vps company in usa.