Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unsubscribing from AlphaRacks SPAM - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unsubscribing from AlphaRacks SPAM

Comments

• @alpharacks said:
    Yet another competitor stirring up the pot... LunaNode.com

If you do not wish to receive our emails, all you need to do is press the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.

It's really as simple as that. Alternatively, you can also update the email preference settings within the client portal under the settings area.

I actually had to add your name as a filter for both subject and body get you to go away when I ceased using your services.

Thanked by 2eol dedipromo
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Plenty of evidence suggest that the unsub link doesn't work.

But then I've never seen a spammer admitting that, so no biggie.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @alpharacks said:

If you do not wish to receive our emails, all you need to do is press the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.

It's really as simple as that. Alternatively, you can also update the email preference settings within the client portal under the settings area.

whoosh

Look at the picture. He got unsubscribe confirmation on Dec 2, 2018. THAT is the whole reason for this thread.

You're too simple.

• I understand. I'd love to look into it for myself but it just seems strange coming from a cloud hosting competitor. Please PM me with your email address so I can verify this and assist you further.

It's not just him. From time to time, I see people complaining about you spamming the bejesus out of them on LET.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

@alpharacks Well if you can see he did UNSUBSCRIBED on 12/2/2018. So you are not following the CAN SPAM act. So why are you still sending the SPAM emails after he UNSUBSCRIBED? As you can see i made sure you can see the selected words carefully!

Also no one is stirring the pot. That was a total dick move for saying that. First you need to fix your problems before shitting on a provider. I wish I could just throw a SITE WIDE BAN on your shit show here on LET and LEB. But, that wouldn't happen cause your a CC cash cow.

Edit. Well I stand corrected then being a QN cash cow

Thanked by 1ehab
  • PieNotEvenEaten said: that wouldn't happen cause your a CC cash cow.

They're with QN, not CC.

Thanked by 3alpharacks eol Letzien
  • deank said: It's not just him. From time to time, I see people complaining about you spamming the bejesus out of them on LET.

As we all know, this forum is a unique one, in that everyone here likes to team up and jump on making others wrong. (the end is nigh?)
    We have been dealing with this for years, and we have always tried our best to remain neutral despite it all and help the community wherever we can, as we just did with our recent giveaway, etc.

The funny truth is, none of this has been validated yet. Not a single person has ever PM’d me with an e-mail for me to look into.

As I said above, you can unsubscribe in more than one way (either via the opt out link, or through the email preferences in the client settings page). If that doesn’t or did not work, anyone is welcome to PM me with their email so I can review it personally for myself.

This will be my final comment on this thread, but I will be checking PM’s from time to time.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@alpharacks Well address the issue then? Because your unsubscribe link aint working. I guess you need a timeout for being a dick.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2019

Just send abuse emails to the domain registar and the ip space administrator and let them know that he sends spam.
    I am sure he will care if his domain and/or server get suspended.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@alpharacks said:

I just had a look back and the first email I received from you was about acquiring RIJX. I've never been a customer of Alpharacks or RIJX.

Not only that but per CAN-SPAM Act you must "Tell recipients where you’re located" and "Don’t use deceptive subject lines.". At no point do you have your address in the email & let's go over some email subjects you've used.

"Re: did you see this yet?"
    "too late? or lucky?"
    "Re: you seen this yet? No?"
    "Re: something big, is here..."
    "Re: This doesn't happen very often, we're..."
    "Your Payment - feedback please."
    "Saying good-bye..."
    "(PRIORITY) Time Sensitive Information Enclosed."
    "[WARNING] 24 Hours Notice!"
    "Banking Alert: Money incoming..."

All the above are just a subset of emails sent by alpharacks where the subject line has nothing to do with the actual email and are designed to trick the receiver into opening the email.

No one needs or have to PM you to solve this. The unsub link should have done the job.

It's literally the first thing anyone needs to test before sending out hordes of spam. You can keep denying it by stating that it's not "validated". But the verdict is already here.

You are known to spam with invalid unsub link.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

alpharacks said: Yet another competitor stirring up the pot... LunaNode.com

Yet another competitor trying to spam me out of business. LOL

Seriously though, the unsubscribe link was missing in plaintext version of your e-mails, finally I found that it was in the HTML version and I pressed it, and I was happy finally, no more AlphaRacks e-mails in my inbox! But nope, one month later and they start coming again.

If you don't respect unsubscriptions then no one is stirring the pot, you're doing all the work yourself.

Anyway I set up some filtering rules so I won't get any more e-mails from your shady CANSPAM-violating illegal scam operation. So whatever.

edited January 2019

Luna, you are partially at fault.

Should have used a fake e-mail address or disposable email address. U should have known better. No wonder you can't get a node set up on Luna.

Shame on thee. Fran might beat you to a real Luna node when he gets elected in 2020.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2019

alpharacks said: I understand. I'd love to look into it for myself but it just seems strange coming from a cloud hosting competitor. Please PM me with your email address so I can verify this and assist you further.

The no possible unsubscription has mentioned enough times already in LET in the past months. Many people here have complain that, even if they did unsubscribe your "newsletter", they still got mails from you, so, they had to block the address. But if they are still clients of yours, blocking the address will also stop receiving possible updates and alerts! So, stop being ignorant and rude because, this time, the complain came from a provider (what? Lunanode a competitor of yours? Let's laugh here).

Also, stop all you shell CC "companies" pretend that you are private owned providers and that you don't send spam to people. It makes me laugh that, since last month, you all started together the same tactic to bypass spam filters from gmail and others, using the "Re:" in the beggining of the message title!

• Alpharacks
    • Hostmybytes
    • Woothosting
    • NFPhosting among others

So, stop playing the... "victim" here and stop spamming people's mailboxes trying to advertise your crappy products.
    Yoy and your "friends" are the definition of spam and scam: Crappy oversold not usable services, bombing mail messages, no unsubscribe, fishing clients.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

deank said: Luna, you are partially at fault.

Should have used a fake e-mail address or disposable email address. U should have known better. No wonder you can't get a node set up on Luna.

Shame on thee. Fran might beat you to a real Luna node when he gets elected in 2020.

I never signed up for AlphaRacks though lol. I don't recall having service from RIJX but it's possible (but only if it was like five years ago).

I look forward to BuyVM luna slices ^^ when Fran runs servers from the moon I'll give him the lunanode.com domain for free if he likes

• Here's a crazy thought: for those who have not submitted their email to AlphaRacks, did you happen to submit it to LEB?

@solaire said:
    Here's a crazy thought: for those who have not submitted their email to AlphaRacks, did you happen to submit it to LEB?

Thanked by 2uptime ehab
  • SpamRacks

Thanked by 1eol
  • I'd be willing to deal with their spam if they actually delivered what they offer. Pay for a 1gb port and get 11mb (at best) in LA.

@iHavenoName said:
    I'd be willing to deal with their spam if they actually delivered what they offer. Pay for a 1gb port and get 11mb (at best) in LA.

Pay for 1Gbit is outside LET range, so I suspect your claims are invalid.

• @alpharacks said:
    the end is nigh

Confirmed.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Neoon said:
    Pay for 1Gbit is outside LET range, so I suspect your claims are invalid.

I never said I bought an LET/LEB offer. It was an add-on upgrade on the 'New Website Special'.

• @dahartigan said:

@alpharacks said:
    the end is nigh

Confirmed.

Disconfirmed.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @quick said:

@dahartigan said:

@alpharacks said:
    the end is nigh

Confirmed.

Disconfirmed.