Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unsubscribing from AlphaRacks SPAM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unsubscribing from AlphaRacks SPAM

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
edited January 2019 in Providers

Apparently you can only temporarily "unsubscribe"...

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Not possible. Use a different email address.

Or join the Nigh sect and partake in the fire ritual to end it all.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @perennate said:

Apparently you can only temporarily "unsubscribe"...

Email the Federal Trade Commission at [email protected]. Be sure to include a copy of the spam email and your request to unsubscribe.

Maybe if they get enough complaints they will do something.

Thanked by 2perennate uxtvdl
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

@AuroraZ maybe I will do it after the government shutdown ends, thanks for the suggestion.

edited January 2019

US, I reckon? They've been shutting down their government pretty much every year for the past 10 years. I thought it was a tradition.

deank said: US, I reckon? They've been shutting down their government pretty much every year for the past 10 years. I thought it was a tradition.

Only 2013, beginning of 2018, and now (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_shutdowns_in_the_United_States#List_of_federal_shutdowns).

But maybe we'll see the tradition started in 2018.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
    edited January 2019

Perhaps real shutdown is more rarer than I thought, but every single year US house began to talk budget, they always got close to shutdown.

It began since Obama years if my memories are correct.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • @perennate said:

deank said: US, I reckon? They've been shutting down their government pretty much every year for the past 10 years. I thought it was a tradition.

Only 2013, beginning of 2018, and now (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_shutdowns_in_the_United_States#List_of_federal_shutdowns).

But maybe we'll see the tradition started in 2018.

Yeah I guess they wanted a vacation so they closed the government to get that.

deank said: Perhaps real shutdown is more rarer than I thought, but every single year US house began to talk budget, they always got close to shutdown.

Oh heh that's true, fighting whenever it's time to pass the budget is definitely a tradition : P

• Impossible to unsubscribe, easy enough to filter to spam, difficult to resist the urge to rage and remind them this is the millionth time they said it's the final hours.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

not a lawyer and am furthermore fairly ignorant on the subject but will nonetheless suggest that state governments in the US can get involved under the CAN SPAM act of 2003 - maybe a better chance of seeing some lulz on the legal front than one might expect from the current incarnation of the Federal Trade Commision, shutdown or not.

one should certainly carefully consider the sage advice of @deank on this matter. Specifically with regards to the advisability of a low-end lawsuit. Surely it is nigh time somone did something to address this outrageous assault on our collective inbox.

EDIT2:

If not now, when?

Thanked by 1eol
  • Is it coincidental that alpharacks send their spammy newsletters at the same time that w00t and nfp?

What about they all have similar wording, all link to their site.com/promoname etc.

Thanked by 1uptime

My take is that they don't actually know what they are sending. They are just sending because of the urge. Whatever the urge might be, it's affecting his balls.

A new virus perhaps. I feel @mikeET is somewhat responsible in this fiasco.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @deank said:
    My take is that they don't actually know what they are sending. They are just sending because of the urge. Whatever the urge might be, it's affecting his balls.

A new virus perhaps. I feel @mikeET is somewhat responsible in this fiasco.

When could we reasonably expect to see the end?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

remind them this is the millionth time

Maybe report spam to their upstream?

EDIT2:

Oh yeah, right ... haha, nevermind.

Thanked by 1t0m

The end is always nigh, child.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @uptime said:

remind them this is the millionth time

maybe report spam to their upstream.

Pretty sure their upstream have been thusly informed for a while now, not really doing anything about it so it seems.

@deank Thanks for clarifying that, I was worried it might have been slightly less nigh

Thanked by 2eol uptime
  • I suppose it is time to go beyond CC and straight to their upstreams. Telia, XO, and etc...

If this does not work might be time to get a hold of some one higher in the government.

It is going to take some evidence and not just people saying this is how it is. Need some logs, emails , and proof that you have asked them repeatedly to stop and they have not complied.

Also the scamming shit from "supposed" resellers will have to be documented and given to the right people.

Thanked by 2uptime dahartigan
  • @AuroraZ said:
    I suppose it is time to go beyond CC and straight to their upstreams. Telia, XO, and etc...

If this does not work might be time to get a hold of some one higher in the government.

It is going to take some evidence and not just people saying this is how it is. Need some logs, emails , and proof that you have asked them repeatedly to stop and they have not complied.

Also the scamming shit from "supposed" resellers will have to be documented and given to the right people.

Sounds like an uphill battle, but totally worth it. Time to drain the swamp, too many scammers. The problem is that the scammers have become smart - they've almost developed an immunity to the LET anti-scambiotics. They've evolved into scams that last a couple of years and then pulling the "big one" later.

• @dahartigan said:

@AuroraZ said:
    I suppose it is time to go beyond CC and straight to their upstreams. Telia, XO, and etc...

Sounds like an uphill battle, but totally worth it. Time to drain the swamp, too many scammers. The problem is that the scammers have become smart - they've almost developed an immunity to the LET anti-scambiotics. They've evolved into scams that last a couple of years and then pulling the "big one" later.

I am talking about going after CC directly. F the little guys and burn the big mama. Once they are gone so are the rest of the idiots. No supply and they die off.

• @AuroraZ said:

@dahartigan said:

@AuroraZ said:

I am talking about going after CC directly. F the little guys and burn the big mama. Once they are gone so are the rest of the idiots. No supply and they die off.

Kill the shitnest that the shitrodents are living in, love it, randers.

• 2019 is official Year of the Shitweasel

Thanked by 1eol
  • lol GSuite is quite happy to filter anything with the word ‘AlphaRacks’ into the ‘Junk’ folder.

On another note, I don’t know how they got a hold of my other email addresses but the unsubscribe link has never worked.

Not a single time.

Thanked by 2uptime t0m
  • eoleol Member

@uptime said:
    2019 is official Year of the Shitweasel

Confirmed.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @eol said:

@uptime said:
    2019 is official Year of the Shitweasel

Confirmed.

Disconfirmed.

Thanked by 1eol

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1eol
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

If they have automatic ticket opening, it would be pretty easy to get them to unsubscribe you... just saying.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    If they have automatic ticket opening, it would be pretty easy to get them to unsubscribe you... just saying.

The same with WootHosting, you can unsubscribe temporarily.

• @imok said:

@AnthonySmith said:

The same with WootHosting, you can unsubscribe temporarily.

Just forward all emails received from them to their ticket email. See how long it takes them to unsub you from their lists.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

teamacc said: Just forward all emails received from them to their ticket email. See how long it takes them to unsub you from their lists.

I was more thinking of setting up an auto responder to send 100 emails to them in response to every 1 stating why.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Yet another competitor stirring up the pot... LunaNode.com

If you do not wish to receive our emails, all you need to do is press the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.

It's really as simple as that. Alternatively, you can also update the email preference settings within the client portal under the settings area.