Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW! - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW!

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@eol said:

@frankc420 said:
    I think you and deank are the same person.

Think again.

I think he and Kyle are the same person. See, easy to start a rumor.

Thanked by 2eol tcp6
  • @eol said:

@frankc420 said:

Think again.

I don't really think that, just thought I'd jump on the troll wagon with you for a spin around the block.

Thanked by 3eol MikePT tcp6
  • eoleol Member
    edited December 2018

@MikePT said:

@eol said:

@frankc420 said:

Think again.

I think he and Kyle are the same person. See, easy to start a rumor.

Way more likely.

EDIT:
    Inserting quotes.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Actually, I share MikeET's account. We are the same alien.

Thanked by 2MikePT Wolveix
  • Yes.
    Me and I am the same person.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I'm Frank and will always be Frank. My personality matches my name and if you don't believe me just ask me.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@frankc420 said:
    I'm Frank and will always be Frank. My personality matches my name and if you don't believe me just ask me.

So you're up-front and you like to blaze it, got it :)

Thanked by 4eol Wolveix tcp6 bugrakoc
  • Ok.
    Kyle is Jon.
    All good.

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

https://github.com/frankc420

Owner of a small hosting business since 1998.

What hosting business ya own Frank?

• So back to reality.

So, why did we become customers of HiFormance knowing they couldn't maintain a long lasting service with the prices they were offering?

Going back to when I had the 10+ VPS with GVH, I was building an experimental CDN service. Sadly, I lost everything when they turned their servers off. I was using their VPS to start that project back up. Obviously these low end systems wouldn't work at scale but for my testing purposes the low costs and distributed datacenters was my draw.

If you look on LEB there are only a handful of providers that have 3+ datacenters and sadly most if not all are with CC.

• @MasonR said:

@frankc420 said:
    I'm Frank and will always be Frank. My personality matches my name and if you don't believe me just ask me.

So you're up-front and you like to blaze it, got it :)

Yeah I get that a lot because of the 420. I don't smoke though, my birthday is 4/20.

• @frankc420 said:
    So back to reality.

In reality all is one.
    Just like CC, Hiformance, Quadranet, Jon, Kyle, ...

• frankc420frankc420 Member
    edited December 2018

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

Damn, I guess I don't need to say anything further on this one.

Thanked by 2eol mfs
  • Plot twist HiFormance is a department of CC

• @frankc420 said:
    Started out with Slackware as my first dive into Linux and soon after moved to CentOS and haven't looked back.

Normally it's the other way around...

Thanked by 1bugrakoc

@deank said:
    Actually, I share MikeET's account. We are the same alien.

English man in New York.

Thanked by 1maverickp

@frankc420 said:

Was just kidding. Totally cool with you Frank.

edited December 2018

@eol said:

@frankc420 said:
    Started out with Slackware as my first dive into Linux and soon after moved to CentOS and haven't looked back.

Normally it's the other way around...

• @IonSwitch_Stan said:

Didn't see the github link before. I'm assuming you saw my zoneminder comments there.

Another project, "Can you build me an internet video camera recording platform?" Uh, sure! Zoneminder is amazing, but you need a beefy server to host it. Shinobi is newer tech, running off nodeJS and is very sleek. Also very light on resources.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited December 2018

frankc420 said: just trying to be a ray of light

Jumping in a discussion (with a 2+ year old dormant account) and taking your alter ego some scammer/henchman/accomplice/liable individual' sides just for the sake of it is good guy greg-tier (your smiling pic is somehow resembling that)
    I always wanted to be a ray of light too but I'm content enough if some light can be shed; baby steps, you know
    One day I'll be a big-ass ray of light too, hopefully

frankc420 said: I read through all of the posts before I even posted and all I saw were folks attaching him and nothing proving their accusations.

Are you fucking kidding me. Read again

frankc420 said: Now I operate under UltraOnline and Data Fanatics, but I don't offer pubically

Sometimes I try to offer pubically too, and sometimes I get lucky.
    UltraOnline. com seems parked, UltraOnline.net is pretty Gonzo. datafanatics seems to exist only in Nederlandie (the .com version is parked, the .net version is MIA)
    Do you operate a website?

Thanked by 1eol
  • @CVPS_Chris said:

doghouch said: To @CVPS_Chris: you don’t deserve this community. You’ve already run away from this thread so it’s better that you just stay away from LET entirely. You’ve made no valuable contributions to our community apart from your piss-poor “free” VPS giveaway on LEB. So please — on behalf of the entire community: it’s time for you to go.

I have not "run away". Sorry I have a job other than scrolling through this forum. God forbid I do not reply the same day! Shame on me.

As far as this entire situation, it is seriously sad on HiFormance and the community. I would like to take a second and iterate that Kyle did have nothing to do with HiFormance and it's disappearing act. That being said from my understanding is there was an internal strife between the main owners (not Kyle) which caused the unexpected shutdown. I do not know full details but this had nothing to do with ColoCrossing.

I also like the fact that ColoCrossing is getting blamed for this entire thing for whatever reason, yet, HiFormance is a customer of QUADRANET. So a little baffled on that.

Translation:

Chris said:
    Yes, I'm running away and weighing my option for damage control for Colocrossing dwindling reputation.
    We are shuffling people's name to be used as owner in different brand with same unsustainable pricing to continue our quick cash grab effort.
    Once we get enough uninformed buyers shit will hit the fan.
    It's sad we can't continue to fraudulently earn money with HiFormance but I can't hear your complaint with these stack of ill gotten bills.
    Let me shit on QUADRANET while I can.

Thanked by 3eol dedotatedwam tcp6
    edited December 2018

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited December 2018

frankc420 said: Coming in guns blazing eh... Lets start this off with, I think reading and comprehension should be one of the next things you work on in your life.

Oh wow, that gorgeous paternalistic approach. It will work somewhere I guess.

frankc420 said: Again, I wasn't defending the guy and I've explained myself since my first post, not because I had to, because I wanted to, you know, good conversation. Context sir, context.

I sorely invite you to revise the context and the posts you're referring to, my kind friend. So much for preaching "reading comprehension"...

frankc420 said: I was asked what hosting company I run and I also said I don't offer services publically, so no website

frankc420 said: The site on ultraonline.net (my domain) is a freebie site [offered by someone else and it's broken]

Makes sense!

In the meanwhile I've found your profile on linkedin (not an entrepeneur/hoster, just a sysadmin in [REDACTED] matching your smiling face and first name), gonna stop by and drop a line

Cheers!

frankc420 said: sarcasm, education, and humility mixed into a single post.

And humility! Let's not forget humility.

Thanked by 2eol tcp6
  • @mfs said:

frankc420 said: Coming in guns blazing eh... Lets start this off with, I think reading and comprehension should be one of the next things you work on in your life.

Oh wow, that gorgeous paternalistic approach. It will work somewhere I guess.

frankc420 said: Again, I wasn't defending the guy and I've explained myself since my first post, not because I had to, because I wanted to, you know, good conversation. Context sir, context.

I sorely invite you to revise the context and the posts you're referring to, my kind friend. So much for preaching "reading comprehension"...

frankc420 said: I was asked what hosting company I run and I also said I don't offer services publically, so no website

frankc420 said: The site on ultraonline.net (my domain) is a freebie site [offered by someone else and it's broken]

Makes sense!

In the meanwhile I've found your profile on linkedin (not an entrepeneur/hoster, just a sysadmin in Mississippi matching your smiling face and first name), gonna stop by and drop a line

Cheers!

frankc420 said: sarcasm, education, and humility mixed into a single post.

And humility! Let's not forget humility

I fail to see your point.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

oh this is one of those threads.

Sadly, yep.

• We need an alternative ending.

Thanked by 1tcp6
    edited December 2018

Removing some of my posts with my personal stuff in it, after getting a threat to come to my work I feel it's safer to do so. Some people take things too far.

• Removing of posts.
    That's a start.

Thanked by 3tcp6 mfs maverickp