Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW! - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW!

Comments

• @eol said:
    Removing of posts.
    That's a start.

Eh, only removed the last couple that had my 'self advertising' in it.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

I have been taking a break from here and just scanning what is really going on. I am going to lock this thread if things dont straighten up.

Well how is an respresentive of CC going to blame the community for them being the enablers of these type of deals on LEB. Knowing they are really unsubstainable. This is a major disconnect on the matter.

Personally we as a community are what built this forum and we have to stop feeding these companies with our hard earned money. Speak with our wallets.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@mfs, would be nice if you dont do such things. Thats bad. Forums are forums while work is work. Dont mix things up.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ jefflin555
  • tcp6tcp6 Member
    edited December 2018

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Speak with our wallets.

Finally a worthy advice after no less than 6 pages of mostly trolling to scroll through.

This thread is mostly the reason why I would never trust a hoster that doesn’t have at least 5 years of existence without a presence on at least 2 different continents.

A few names come to mind; OVH, Hertzner, Online.net, etc, etc, etc.

Be patient, wait for the Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals, Christmas deals are good too, some Happy New Year offers might be worth it, local events such as the Chinese New Year or some odd occasional 09/09 or 12/12 offers might be worth looking into as well.

But as for all these shit companies with dodgy whois infos, yearly or bi-yearly 1$ offers that are just to good to be true, avoid them like a plague.

It essentially boils down to two things: How much do you value your time/effort, datas and money?

Use common sense, speak with your wallets.

The only reason why such scammers exist in the first place is because they know it will remain a profitable activity as long as you’re willing to fall for it.

Speak. With. Your. Wallets.

Amen.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

frankc420 said: after getting a threat to come to my work

What? I've dropped a line to that guy on linkedin. That guy didn't reply to my hello, OTOH you're leaving PMs to me here saying that I'm "threatening" you, or that I'm going to visit you at work. I even live on a different continent than yours, ffs
    When I say "drop a line" I mean "drop a line", not "drop a punch on your face for some unknown reasons"

So much for the ray of light

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@mfs said:

What? I've dropped a line to that guy on linkedin. That guy didn't reply to my hello, OTOH you're leaving PMs to me here saying that I'm "threatening" you, or that I'm going to visit you at work. I even live on a different continent than yours, ffs
    When I say "drop a line" I mean "drop a line", not "drop a punch on your face for some unknown reasons"

You didnt need to do that. Respect peoples privacy. Ethics apply here. Dont bring forums stuff to LinkedIn specially if you dont know that person.

• @mfs said:

Well, the way I read it obviously isn’t how you meant it then. Enjoy your night.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

MikePT said: Respect peoples privacy. Ethics apply here.

What? I fully respected people's privacy. I haven't posted here any details (no surname, no link); apropos privacy&ethics, I'd like to know if someone is using my linkedin's profile pic & first name on some internet forum. Just in case that guy isn't me, you know. I've just [REDACTED] the whole State, if that's a big deal..
    Nobody's privacy has been harmed during the whole thing.

• frankc420frankc420 Member
    edited December 2018

@mfs said:

MikePT said: Respect peoples privacy. Ethics apply here.

What? I fully respected people's privacy. I haven't posted here any details (no surname, no link); apropos privacy&ethics, I'd like to know if someone is using my linkedin's profile pic & first name on some internet forum. Just in case that guy isn't me, you know. I've just [REDACTED] the whole State, if that's a big deal..
    Nobody's privacy has been harmed during the whole thing.

Well my LinkedIn profile is now private. If my identity is in question I have no issue validating it with a moderator.

• @frankc420 said:
    If my identity is in question I have no issue validating it with a moderator.

I don't think it's the identity that's in question...

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • @eol said:

@frankc420 said:
    If my identity is in question I have no issue validating it with a moderator.

I don't think it's the identity that's in question...

So what is? Spell it out

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

frankc420 said:

Well my LinkedIn profile is now private.

Mmmmh double check it, because it isn't, really.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Sanity is.

Thanked by 1eol
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 2eol tcp6
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited December 2018

Why is this thread in 'offtopic'? Assuming it's because of the personal info stuff. If so, all that bantz should be split off into a different hidden thread, if need be.

Seeing that hiformance never sent out an announcement that they were closing shop, this thread needs to be public.

• Probably because of the CC reference.

Thanked by 1MasonR

@eol said:
    Probably because of the CC reference.

Possibly. Though, I've never known Chris to shy away from negative press

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@MasonR said:
    Why is this thread in 'offtopic'? Assuming it's because of the personal info stuff. If so, all that bantz should be split off into a different hidden thread, if need be.

Seeing that hiformance never sent out an announcement that they were closing shop, this thread needs to be public.

Could a mod confirm who 'moved' it?

This is to hide it from Google, nothing more.

Someones trying to protect Vee.

Francisco

Thanked by 1adly
  • Weak.

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • tcp6tcp6 Member
    edited December 2018

@eol said:
    Weak.

Sauce.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @MasonR said:

@eol said:

Before the new owners?

Thanked by 1MasonR

@CyberMonday said:

@MasonR said:

@eol said:

Before the new owners?

Good point. Don't wanna piss off the new overlords

• Okay, here is the final announcement.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Just wondering, how does enoctus.co.uk fit into this disaster? i was ripped off by those piece of shit scammers first, which is why i ended up on hiformance, which of course did the same 5 or 6 months later.

• @Francisco said:

@MasonR said:

Could a mod confirm who 'moved' it?

This is to hide it from Google, nothing more.

Someones trying to protect Vee.

Francisco

Not sure who moved it but I pushed it back to General.

@h2o said:
    Okay, here is the final announcement.

Cool. So they didn't delete it, I guess.

But still. How hard is it for them to send an email? If alpharacks can send emails faster than @WSS can shitpost, then surely they can muster sending out a single email

• deankdeank Member, Troll

alpharacks is a spammer by origin. Hifoly is not, I guess.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited December 2018

@mfs said:

Holy fuck, you expect a prompt reply from LinkedIn? I still haven't replied to old college buddies I do like from years ago. That mail folder for me is 4 digits unread messages. And an unsolicited hello that isn't from a desirable employer, it likely wouldn't get responded to by most people. Unless you're actively looking for work, do people actually check those messages?

Don't read much into an ignored LinkedIn hello.

Thanked by 2vimalware pepa65
  • @trewq said:

@HostFlyte said:

So they always paid, but you went without income for many months in the end? Get lost.
    Just leave LET, you're not getting the Provider tag and I don't think anyone believes you. Liar.

For the first 7-8 months of its life yes there was pay. From the final months, there was none.

One missed pay day and I'd be asking what the fuck. Many months and I'd be in court.

Not really adding up, especially why the payment PayPal is your personal account. Not sure where you're located but in many places that would be considered money laundering & the sales contract would lie with you personally if you were willingly and knowingly accepting the payment.

I can understand letting one or two late paydays go without leaving, but there's usually some story to trick the employee that they'll be made whole so they stick around.

Some are:
    1. Outside investment is coming
    2. Just waiting on large tax refund
    3. Largest client hasn't paid but will shortly
    4. Selling some assets
    5. Royalty check coming soon
    6. CEO is just a really good talker

If you like your boss, job, pay, commute, and have some savings, you can weather these bumpy patches. Looks like Kyle is in Nova Scotia. If he was being paid in USD, that's a 30% incentive for working with them.

But if there is no credible way to turn company finances around, then you got to cut bait and leave. The story Kyle was fed should have failed the sniff test at some point sooner.

Since leaving a salary job, consulting jobs payments have varied from less than 24 hours to 10 weeks (government projects). A colleague of mine said he finally got paid 9 months after he invoiced. With those, you just need to be upfront about pay period expectations.

Thanked by 1vimalware