Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW! - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW!

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@fnbt said:

@MikePT said:

> HostFlyte said: From the start, the company appeared to be doing well from what I could see. I never really questioned the pricing or plans. I just believed in it because there were no issues with money or bills. The owner had experience and I was getting paid so in my eyes everything was ok.

I did not own hiformance or optimizedvps. I Built the websites and backend and optimized used my PayPal for a short period. Hiformance PayPal is not mine either. I worked my butt though and went without income for many months in the end.

So they always paid, but you went without income for many months in the end? Get lost.
    Just leave LET, you're not getting the Provider tag and I don't think anyone believes you. Liar.

Come on guys, it's not about banning this fellow. He can be used to reach the culprits who've made us loose our data and take then to task. Obviously he has their contacts as he knows and has worked with each one of them?

Good luck with your luck.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Hmm, what is this scent?

Oooohhh, ah, yes.

The end is nigh.

• It appears that Vee Tran also managed VeeServers, now defunct. Here's a telling review from February 2017:

https://www.trustlink.org/Review/VeeServers-231730

Thanked by 3eol tcp6 404error
  • First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

The sad thing about it, people will continue buying deals that can't cover the operation costs or generate enough profit to pay a salary.

Thanked by 2tcp6 netomx
    edited December 2018

Yeah, people don't change. That's how these joints keep generating profits. They don't have balls to go to courts, either.

Few will learn but that will be like 1 out of every 1,000 scammed.

• frankc420frankc420 Member
    edited December 2018

@eol said:
    First comment?
    Interesting.

Was it my first comment here? Interesting, didn't notice. I guess my responses that I assumed I had done here were really on LEB as part of me posting benchmarks and downtime on the HiFormance threads. I did the same thing on LEB when GVH was around.

Hell, I had 10+ VPS get deleted without warning when GreenValleyHost went under, so I'm fully aware at the pain of losing all your data can cause.

I use LET to read reviews on VPS providers so I can determine if I want to use them, just like majority of people that use LEB and LET. When my Atlanta and New York VPS went down and HiFormance didn't reply to my tickets, I figured the inevitable had happened and they went under. Came here and saw this thread, sadly I just saw a gang mentality developing in the thread and decided to be the other side of the coin. I'm not saying he is innocent or guity, I'm simply saying that without proof you are simply harassing someone without cause. You guys clearly have evidence though, so since that's the case, ignore my ignorance and enjoy your public execution.

• @eol said:
    He is useless.
    He can't even remember if he got paid or not.

He's just trying to fool people.

Thanked by 2eol tcp6

Easy to fool those who buy his plans.

But can't fool us here because our IQ is more than a single digit. My IQ is 11.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • He only fools himself.

• @Francisco said:

@mfs said:

CVPS_Chris said: the main owners (not Kyle)

who are the main owners?

There's 2 owners from what I've been told. There's "Matt", and then there's someone I've yet to get the name of, but supposedly owns "Dedidirect" and a few other brands as someone mentioned up above.

The story I've been told so far is the dedidirect guy peaced out with whatever savings the company had and can't be contacted. Guy has supposedly been hosting with CC since the very start, gets some very shit-host friendly deals.

No idea if it's true, but it seems to line up with the comment on the China blogs about what happened.

As for Chris, I got well over 10 years in the business (BuyVM's 10th year is in April!), but still a hobby. So much a hobby that you twice asked to merge our brands together. So much a hobby that no less than 4 different high placed CC workers have tried to buy licensing for Stallion.

The solution is simple. CC needs to start checking their resellers that make sales like this. Sure, for the immediate it's great for them since they got resellers moving 10's, or even hundreds, of nodes for them. But when it goes tits up (which always happens), the blame goes squarely on them, even if it isn't justified.

More and more people are simply not going to buy from brands that have Buffalo locations. It's being seen as a red flag. They're poisoning the well, but this time they have a big conglomerate they have to answer to, not themselves.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@mfs said:

who are the main owners?

There's 2 owners from what I've been told. There's "Matt", and then there's someone I've yet to get the name of, but supposedly owns "Dedidirect" and a few other brands as someone mentioned up above.

The story I've been told so far is the dedidirect guy peaced out with whatever savings the company had and can't be contacted. Guy has supposedly been hosting with CC since the very start, gets some very shit-host friendly deals.

No idea if it's true, but it seems to line up with the comment on the China blogs about what happened.

As for Chris, I got well over 10 years in the business (BuyVM's 10th year is in April!), but still a hobby. So much a hobby that you twice asked to merge our brands together. So much a hobby that no less than 4 different high placed CC workers have tried to buy licensing for Stallion.

The solution is simple. CC needs to start checking their resellers that make sales like this. Sure, for the immediate it's great for them since they got resellers moving 10's, or even hundreds, of nodes for them. But when it goes tits up (which always happens), the blame goes squarely on them, even if it isn't justified.

More and more people are simply not going to buy from brands that have Buffalo locations. It's being seen as a red flag. They're poisoning the well, but this time they have a big conglomerate they have to answer to, not themselves.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@mfs said:

who are the main owners?

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@mfs said:

who are the main owners?

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@mfs said:

who are the main owners?

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@mfs said:

who are the main owners?

Francisco

John Nguyen? The owner on hiformance.com whois from the beginning, or it is just the former owner of the domain?

In addition, is Anynode a sub-brand of BuyVM now? I saw they use your payment account...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

lowendclient said: In addition, is Anynode a sub-brand of BuyVM now? I saw they use your payment account...

No, we just handle their alipay payments since it's a pain in the ass to get signed up otherwise. I've been doing it for a few providers over the years and it has been working out pretty well.

Francisco

Fran is taking over the world this way, digitally.

edited December 2018

@MasonR said:

@frankc420 said:
    Do you guys have any proof at all that Kyle knew that the company was doing bad things? Him being the sales manager doesn't mean he knows what the profit/loss margins are for the company. Use your head here, get out of your emotions and think logically. I get you want someone to blame, but blindly accusing because he was the face of the company (which you have to admit is smart on the owners part) is just ignorant.

Maybe he was involved, but maybe not. It's sad when you guys blast the guy without any proof as if you are an authority on the matter. I'm curious about how many of the people in this thread even had services with HiFormance.

I had 3 VPS in 3 datacenters (ATL, NY, LA) with these guys and "lost" (I'm smart enough to backup) all of my data, but I'm not going to blindly blame Kyle just because he was in the forefront and visible.

While yes, I concede that Kyle probably didn't come up with these business decisions, he definitely had a hand in enabling them. He states that he went the last few months without pay, yet there are LEB posts from this past September, October, and November with Kyle's name all over them.

So if you're asking for proof that Kyle knew something shady was going on, then yes I believe the above proves this. If there's no money left over to pay for staff, then how the hell would they be able to pay their server bills? If you expect me to believe that Kyle worked for free while still advertising super low-cost, long-term services and didn't stop to think, "hey, maybe this is all a quick cash-grab", then I'm sorry. I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt here, but can't bring myself to do that.

Yes I did have a VPS with them in LA (paid only for 1 year, thankfully). Didn't expect it to last, but at least expected a little warning before it all went dark. The cherry on top of this for me is that Kyle now has a new VPS company offering very similar services at the same DC locations with the same pricing structure. Matt deserves to get shit on even more than Kyle, but both are responsible for this mess in my eyes.

Mason,

I can get on board with your thought process here. I tend to look at both sides when bad things happen and realize people tend to jump the gun before asking questions.

With all of the above said by you, by the way, thank you for your insight, I wouldn't do business with Kyle on the basis that it does seem very fishy. I also think it's bull that he worked for no pay, on purpose, because who in their right mind would do that.

I read through all of the posts before I even posted and all I saw were folks attaching him and nothing proving their accusations. Look at my response as I was walkng down the sidewalk and came upon 4 guys kicking a guy laying on the sidewalk. Yes, while a large majority of society these days would walk past, or join in for the fun of it (you know who you are), I am the guy that would run in and try to help the guy on the ground. Do I need to know him to do that? No, it's the right thing to do.

Now, is he guilty of fraud or wrong doing? Maybe, the accusations lean more toward yes, but it's not a 100% yes without proof.

Agree or not, doesn't really matter, it's my opinion. Think I'm one of these guys in disguise? That's just funny. Lookup my username and you'll find digital evidence of me from ages back. I'm sure the trolls in this thread already have, but they wouldn't post that because it would be against their accusations in my direction.

Thanked by 1MasonR

Where have you been?

It's "Guilty unless proven innocent". Unless he can prove himself innocent, he shall remain guilty.

Thanked by 2eol tcp6
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2018

@frankc420 said: Now, is he guilty of fraud or wrong doing? Maybe, the accusations lean more toward yes, but it's not a 100% yes. Should this forum determine that, no.

Minimally, he's guilty by association. HiFormance wasn't a big company where he was merely a ticket reader at the bottom of the ladder. HiFormance had three people, and he was one of them. He may not have been the guy in charge, but he certainly cooperated.

• @deank said:
    Where have you been?

It's "Guilty unless proven innocent". Unless he can prove himself innocent, he shall remain guilty.

I'm sure you would love your logic if you were accused of rape or pedophilia. Use your head.

edited December 2018

It is not my logic. This is how it is, especially for accused rapists and pedoes. To be more precise, this is today's SJW's logic.

Look up. Even if they are somehow cleared in courts, they remain guilty to the general people.

Thanked by 2Wolveix bugrakoc

• Also cached by a large Chinese whois database.

Thanked by 2eol tcp6
  • @angstrom said:

@frankc420 said: Now, is he guilty of fraud or wrong doing? Maybe, the accusations lean more toward yes, but it's not a 100% yes. Should this forum determine that, no.

Minimally, he's guilty by association. HiFormance wasn't a big company where he was merely a ticket reader at the bottom of ladder. HiFormance had three people, and he was one of them. He may not have been the guy in charge, but he certainly cooperated.

Yeah the odds are stacked against him, no doubt. Sadly you don't always know what your management team is doing.

I 'm only 37, but I have a lot of life experience when it comes to disappointment caused by other people. I've also been scammed for a lot of money (look into MYEC stock ticker). In that case the CEO has been stealing money and the staff had no idea. OR did they? Hmmm, who knows really.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited December 2018

@frankc420 said: Mason,

I can get on board with your thought process here. I tend to look at both sides when bad things happen and realize people tend to jump the gun before asking questions.

I definitely understand your point of view and agree that Kyle isn't the main villain in all of this. However, he is still a henchman. Given all that's been said and recorded via archived links, I don't see any reason to think that Kyle is completely innocent here and is just merely a victim. His level of involvement will likely never be known by us, but there's just too many coincidences to think he had nothing to do with this debacle.

Besides, this isn't a legal trial -- just your typical low-end trial. We'll all go on our merry way in a few days, no jail sentences. The real take away from my input is that there's been some shady behavior by Kyle Rambeau, Matthew Palmer, and Hung "Vee" Tran. The low end community has enough scam artists, so a little public warning for future low-enders thinking about buying services from these guys should be issued.

Also, not sure if the "Think I'm one of these guys in disguise?" was directed at myself, but I didn't get that feeling. I understood why you said what you said and didn't mean any offense by it.

Thanked by 2angstrom mfs
  • @deank said:
    It is not my logic. This is how it is, especially for accused rapists and pedoes. To be more precise, this is today's SJW's logic.

Look up. Even if they are somehow cleared in courts, they remain guilty to the general people.

My point is blaming someone for something doesn't make them guilty. Just because society has shifted to that among the younger generation doesn't mean it's right. Sadly, people today are told what to think and they have been groomed into sheep and follow along without question. If you can't see that yourself, you may be among the herd.

edited December 2018

It also doesn't mean the old "Innocent until guilty" is correct, either.

In this specific case, the guy smells foul and there are more loose holes than a golf ball. He is likely guilty. Therefore, in my mind, he is guilty.

• No idea why someone would defend him, unless...

Thanked by 2mfs tcp6
    edited December 2018

Well, a dormant/lurker/zombie account suddenly defending a random dude is certainly suspicious.

I will give you that much.
    His posts don't help the guy's defense, either. I will also tell you that much. If anything, it's gonna get worse since we are talking more about it.

The best way to silence a controversy is let it die instead of talking more about it.

The longer this thread goes on, the worse it will be for Hifoly guy.

Thanked by 3eol mfs tcp6
  • @MasonR said:

@frankc420 said: Mason,

I definitely understand your point of view and agree that Kyle isn't the main villain in all of this. However, he is still a henchman. Given all that's been said and recorded via archived links, I don't see any reason to think that Kyle is completely innocent here and is just merely a victim. His level of involvement will likely never be known by us, but there's just too many coincidences to think he had nothing to do with this debacle.

Besides, this isn't a legal trial -- just your typical low-end trial. We'll all go on our merry way in a few days, no jail sentences. The real take away from my input is that there's been some shady behavior by Kyle Rambeau, Matthew Palmer, and Hung "Vee" Tran. The low end community has enough scam artists, so a little public warning for future low-enders thinking about buying services from these guys should be issued.

Also, not sure if the "Think I'm one of these guys in disguise?" was directed at myself, but I didn't get that feeling. I understood why you said what you said and didn't mean any offense by it.

I feel we are on the same page. Yeah, sorry, the last paragraph, wasn't targeted toward you at all.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Imo Kyle is just an alias.
    Has anyone seen or met this guy?
    It could be anyone.
    Also he got caught outright lying.
    Maybe it doesn't stop at the id/name.

edited December 2018

Fine, I admit it. He is me. I created an alias to talk to myself, to cause more drama.

Without drama, I wither.

edited December 2018

@eol said:
    No idea why someone would defend him, unless...

If you are talking about me, you obviously aren't reading what I'm typing. I'm not defending anyone> @deank said:

Well, a dormant/lurker/zombie account suddenly defending a random dude is certainly suspicious.

I will give you that much.
    His posts don't help the guy's defense, either. I will also tell you that much. If anything, it's gonna get worse since we are talking more about it.

The best way to silence a controversy is let it die instead of talking more about it.

The longer this thread goes on, the worse it will be for Hifoly guy.

I think you and deank are the same person.

I'm not defending the guy at all, just trying to be a ray of light in you and deank's sick dark fantasy that everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

If you want to do a hangout video with me to help you feel I'm not one of these guys, I'll do it, mainly to entertain myself, but none-the-less I'll do it.

• @frankc420 said:
    I think you and deank are the same person.

Think again.

Thanked by 1Wolveix