Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[IRoute.io] Enterprise Email Hosting, powered by MailChannels & CrossBox, White-label - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[IRoute.io] Enterprise Email Hosting, powered by MailChannels & CrossBox, White-label

124»

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@sleddog said:

MikePT said: The limits can be lift on a case by case basis, I'd rather do it daily, but cPanel seems to support it hourly only

If you're rate-limiting to help restrict bulk spam, then the shorter the period the sooner an action is taken (e.g., account disabled). Personally I do 40 messages per 10 minute interval per email account.

It's not a spam limit, it's a "don't put me in the poor house" limit.

Everything's relayed through MailChannels which will block the outbound spam, but every message sent (including blocked) costs him money.

Thanked by 2jvnadr MikePT
  • Harambe said: but every message sent (including blocked) costs him money.

Isn't that all the more reason for a system that reacts quickly?

Thanked by 1Shamli
  • @sleddog said:

Harambe said: but every message sent (including blocked) costs him money.

Isn't that all the more reason for a system that reacts quickly?

No, he's not preventing bulk spam or bulk mailing. He is enforcing limits that keep the plans under budget. Thus the need for a daily limit, which does exactly that while allowing the bulk part.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2018

claudiof said: Sorry my English, Portuguese here to and my english sucks.

What i mean was: I suggest you to be more clear even in the Terms and Conditions, be clear if the limite it per cPanel Account (50 sent emails shared between email addresses) or per Email Account.

My good luck was sincere, good luck with your project.

And yes, people in general doesn't know how expensive MailChannels is and why is "so" important.

I see what you mean, I'll try to clarify it a bit further in the Terms.

jar said: Actual customers don't want to know limits, don't want to think about limits, don't want to think about the metrics behind what they do. That is system administration, not their problem. Only small numbers of users on forum threads want such things up front, the rest would rather you handle it transparently and work with them individually if there is a problem. Those, generally, are the ones actually buying as opposed to critiquing. Outspoken users are a tiny fraction of a fraction of actual users (and many times not even actual users, just opinionated people), so you can't gauge customer opinion by what is publicly spoken.

Indeed, @jar. We have these limits in place for a long time for our shared hosting customers (which we host with Hetzner, only for local companies though), we haven't had a single complaint as well. If we didn't have these limits in place, we could have been in a bad position, once, a customer of ours was compromised, we noticed it pretty fast, cPanel started deferring, but if there were no limits in place, we could have expected a huge overage.

datanoise said: I don't have such requirements, your limits would be more than fine for my use.

My point was that "SMTP Relay is authorized and enabled" could make some people think that it's fine to buy a package for like email notifications for a website of stuff like that while it's probably not if you want to be able to send your emails in batches and send emails to more than 50 (or XX depending on the plan) users without having to wait an hour. Daily limits would make more sense IMO, but I understand that it's complicated with cpanel. That's all I meant, I didn't want to offense you or to criticize your business model: it seems to offer a decent solution for those looking for a place where to host a few mailboxes.

What we mean is that even though this is not a relay service as MXroute.io was, we accept that certain customers would rather host the emails themselves, but relay through us, which we allow, and both words, authorized/enable, want to pass that to the potential customer. We're fine with it.

jvnadr said: OK now. You guys that are criticising limits in Miguel's business, do you even know what is Mailchannels? If you want this kind of quality, you have to pay for it. There are more expensive plans with limits far larger than the 30 mails per hour. Or else, you can buy a cheapo CPanel shared hosting and set this up as your mail server.

IMO, limits are reasonable in general, just that could be not per hour but per day or, even, per 6 hour, to allow somebody sending the same amount of mails in bulk when needed.
    On the other hand, we are talking about a mailchannel sending service, white labeled, with a nice interface, fully administrated, with no ads at all and allowing the client NOT TO BE the product (like in "free" Gmail").
    You guys that are talking about low limits, please, PLEASE, go and buy something from LowEndBox. It is dirty cheap and will meet your needs... Not!

TL;DR If you want something that it is reliable and really works, you need to pay for it. Hundereds of mails per hour for 5$ per month with MailChannel relay just doesn't go together.

We started with a pretty big plan with MailChannels, and it's our first choice obviously, after being one of their resellers, the largest, processing around 14M emails per month. It's a lot and gives you a general idea of what it's capable of achieving. Most customers are people that definitely need a reliable email delivery, and that's what we're trying to do with IRoute.io. Granted, we started a few days ago, there's room for improvement, we've been working non stop in all aspects to improve what's necessary.
    It certainly comes at a cost. Generally speaking, 20GB SSD Email Hosting with no domains/email accounts limit, is already pretty good IMO. That, including MailChannels, CrossBox, Daily Backups (self-restorable) and so on... Definitely worth. It's an affordable Email Hosting service, we try to cater the Enterprise market, though we have smaller packages for personal usage and such. God knows how many companies would like their emails to be delivered properly, important emails. Take it for example, a company I worked for, had one of their clients a law firm, these guys had 100+ attorneys there, and they had issues every day emailing judges, the police and such. They'd pay for this. They'd even get the large Enterprise Top package or a custom one.

jvnadr said: If you read their TOS, the limit is a soft one, not hard. That means, if you send one time a couple of hundereds of mails, Mike will not ban you. If you do it constantly, then, there will be a problem... But if you want to do it constantly, then, either buy the more expensive plan or go directly with Mailchannels and pay for it!

From what I've investigated about the way it works with cPanel (and I'm a beta tester there), the emails are set in the queue until those can be sent. So you can actually send quite a lot of emails, they'll be in the queue, we will of course apply a more strict policy, case by case basis should we need to. We try to be flexible, though. For the normal user/company, these limits should be fine.

404error said: @MikePT the problem is that you are too transparent bro.

You need to add the word unlimited in the sales page, and then in the TOS, you just thrown in that Unlimited is tied to fair usage.
    Bam... Problem solved, clients rejoice in the limited unlimited the hosting company got them used to and they will even praise bro.

....you welcome.

Perhaps... But I never liked the unlimited idea in terms of implementing such policies. We like to be upfront! :-)

sleddog said: If you're rate-limiting to help restrict bulk spam, then the shorter the period the sooner an action is taken (e.g., account disabled). Personally I do 40 messages per 10 minute interval per email account.

Some tweaks will be done in the future, I've already suggested cPanel to get daily limits instead. It can also be done by editing exim config, which I'd rather have them do so I won't break anything. In terms of bulk spam, it's not related, as mentioned in the thread, MailChannels bills both legit and spam messages. Their outbound filtering is designed to catch spam, hence why their IP's reputation is great.

deank said: I just wanted bread. I even named his bakery "Mike's eattie" (AKA MikeET).

It's still planned. You'll be sent a voucher.

Thank you all for your comments!

Feel free to ask any further questions guys.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • Man why would anyone choose these small shops over mandrill, which is the king...

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited December 2018

Because everyone has to start from somewhere.

If everyone goes for big shops, that will mark the end of small business, thus overall economy.
    Mom & pop stores matter because they are the middle class. While middle class is generally ignored, things start to go downhill when middle class collapses.

Thanked by 2MikePT Wolveix
  • If business, never go lowend. Simple rule.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

You do realize we are on "low" "end" talk, aye?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Hxxx said:
    Man why would anyone choose these small shops over mandrill, which is the king...

King of sending too much mail from one IP lol

Thanked by 2MikePT Hxxx
  • RazzaRazza Member
    edited December 2018

Hxxx said: Man why would anyone choose these small shops over mandrill, which is the king...

You can't compere this offer to Mandrill one is mail hosting and the other is just a mail relay.

Mandrill when they had a free tier it was good, don't see why anyone uses them when other services are cheaper e.g Amazon SES.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@jar said:

@Hxxx said:
    Man why would anyone choose these small shops over mandrill, which is the king...

I am pretty sure he has no idea what he is talking about. :p

Thanked by 1Hxxx

@Hxxx said:
    If business, never go lowend. Simple rule.

Good luck with your mindset.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @MikePT said:

@Hxxx said:

No, good luck to you on this new trip.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited December 2018

@Razza said:

Hxxx said: Man why would anyone choose these small shops over mandrill, which is the king...

You can't compere this offer to Mandrill one is mail hosting and the other is just a mail relay.

Mandrill when they had a free tier it was good, don't see why anyone uses them when other services are cheaper e.g Amazon SES.

Mandrill is pretty much an email relay service with some great API options. If you use mailchimp, which you should, adding mandrill is just a 10 dollar addon. If anything so far is one of the best email relay services and while I commend mailgun for providing good free options, it does fail quite often.

• @jar said:

@Hxxx said:

Never had issues and I have tested a lot of similar services. Did you ever launched your relay service ? So far enjoying the normal mxroute email services.

@Hxxx said:

@MikePT said:

@Hxxx said:

Please comment that on their forums/threads. This is Email Hosting, powered by MailChannels, not Mandrill.

• @MikePT said:

@Hxxx said:

@MikePT said:

@Hxxx said:

Please comment that on their forums/threads. This is Email Hosting, powered by MailChannels, not Mandrill.

That's a polite way to say fuck off

@vovler said:

@MikePT said:

@Hxxx said:

@MikePT said:

@Hxxx said:

That's a polite way to say fuck off

Its a polite way to ask him to leave this thread alone since he is promoting Mandrill because small businesses do not matter. Even though we do Email Hosting instead... :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Hxxx said:

@jar said:

@Hxxx said:

Never had issues and I have tested a lot of similar services. Did you ever launched your relay service ? So far enjoying the normal mxroute email services.

Making some progress but still not there yet :)

@jar said:

@Hxxx said:

@jar said:

@Hxxx said:

Making some progress but still not there yet :)

You will be, soon! 😁

Thanked by 1jar
  • digijdigij Member
    edited December 2018
    • Dallas location, more locations coming soon;
    • GDPR Compliant Company and Servers (Including JetBackup with enabled GDPR);

@MikePT EU location coming soon for true "GDPR-fanatics"?

IMHO data export to US DC is not ideal in this constellation.

@digij said:

• Dallas location, more locations coming soon;
    • GDPR Compliant Company and Servers (Including JetBackup with enabled GDPR);

@MikePT EU location coming soon for true "GDPR-fanatics"?

IMHO data export to US DC is not ideal in this constellation.

Yep, coming soon!

Totally agreed!

• Waiting for EU Location, preferably Clouvider.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@FanBoi said:
    Waiting for EU Location, preferably Clouvider.

Its planned, no ETA tho shouldnt take long! :-)

Oh by the way...
    We are announcing MailChannels inbound filtering, this is optional, 10EUR per domain, monthly (standard price is 20 USD).