Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[IRoute.io] Enterprise Email Hosting, powered by MailChannels & CrossBox, White-label - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[IRoute.io] Enterprise Email Hosting, powered by MailChannels & CrossBox, White-label

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@andrew1995 said:
    The billing site seems broken... ?

@andrew1995 said:
    The billing site seems broken... ?

Fixed, Google Analytics tag broke it. Thanks for letting me know!

• So basically this is like the old mxroute (before the unannounced decision to stop using mailchannels) - but more expensive and with more limits on the possible use (the famous 30out/h limit). Right?

• datanoise said: So basically this is like the old mxroute (before the unannounced decision to stop using mailchannels) - but more expensive and with more limits on the possible use (the famous 30out/h limit). Right?

yep lol

datanoise said: So basically this is like the old mxroute (before the unannounced decision to stop using mailchannels) - but more expensive and with more limits on the possible use (the famous 30out/h limit). Right?

Just like the many thousands of companies that sell WebHosting, yet, another WebHosting company. In regards to the limits, let me know if you find any company without any limit in terms of SMTP that uses MailChannels to deliver the emails. You'd find that'd be very bad for the provider if someone decides to send a bunch of emails. SPAM or not, you pay for both.

• LET millenials... They expect to have a full featured service, to be reliable, backed up, with good and fast support but they do not want to pay almost nothing for it.
    hey, all you, if you can find better, then, why just go there?

Thanked by 3eol that_guy MikePT

@jvnadr said:
    LET millenials... They expect to have a full featured service, to be reliable, backed up, with good and fast support but they do not want to pay almost nothing for it.
    hey, all you, if you can find better, then, why just go there?

Doing my best, the MXroute.io customers were treated nicely, and their price won't be increased for 2019 as well. So I guess we done something right! :-)
    This is a new adventure, and we're really excited.

Cheers!

• Crossbox is that newish thing that does chat and whatnot too right?

This seems like a really cool combination of email offerings in one plan...

Thanked by 1MikePT

@twain said:
    Crossbox is that newish thing that does chat and whatnot too right?

This seems like a really cool combination of email offerings in one plan...

Yep, it is. It's still in beta, but I'm very impressed with their development and their support. We've got the white-label version, running a master and a slave, runs well. Minor stuff to correct, but they told me they're still working on features then they'll be fixing the small bugs that don't affect its usability. I've reported 3 bugs or so, they fixed these within minutes.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited December 2018

MikePT said: In regards to the limits, let me know if you find any company without any limit in terms of SMTP that uses MailChannels to deliver the emails.

Well if memory serves me well old mxroute didn't have an hard limit like that as long as people didn't abuse the service. But I totally understand your point.

• @MikePT said:

datanoise said: So basically this is like the old mxroute (before the unannounced decision to stop using mailchannels) - but more expensive and with more limits on the possible use (the famous 30out/h limit). Right?

Just like the many thousands of companies that sell WebHosting, yet, another WebHosting company. In regards to the limits, let me know if you find any company without any limit in terms of SMTP that uses MailChannels to deliver the emails. You'd find that'd be very bad for the provider if someone decides to send a bunch of emails. SPAM or not, you pay for both.

You are right.

I think the "issue" is just that the limit is very... but very low and is not announced in the product page, is hidden in the Terms in the middle of all that text.

Is just like you see the Amazon Cloud Drive, see that in the Product Page it says just "1TB por 59.99 USD year" and discover on the Terms that is limited to 100 GB transfer for month.

Don't get me wrong, limits are necessary of course, but if they are so low (in my opinion) like yours, please announce in the product Page just like you announce the Storage Space.

Thanked by 1datanoise
    edited December 2018

datanoise said: Well if memory serves me well old mxroute didn't have an hard limit like that as long as people didn't abuse the service. But I totally understand your point.

claudiof said: You are right.

I think the "issue" is just that the limit is very... but very low and is not announced in the product page, is hidden in the Terms in the middle of all that text.

Is just like you see the Amazon Cloud Drive, see that in the Product Page it says just "1TB por 59.99 USD year" and discover on the Terms that is limited to 100 GB transfer for month.

Don't get me wrong, limits are necessary of course, but if they are so low (in my opinion) like yours, please announce in the product Page just like you announce the Storage Space.

We're not hiding anything. It's clearly stated in the Terms of Service. This is how it's normally done, it's not a weak point, in fact, if you run your own calculations, as I've mentioned, you'll see that it's actually a fair limit given the 5€.

We've increased the limit for the first 3 packages as follows:

Personal - 50/hour; Developer - 60/hour; Premium - 80/hour

Hopefully, this is enough, if you send this many emails doing business, then you'll have money to upgrade your plan with us! :smiley:

We can't do better than this, wouldn't be reasonable given its MailChannels solely.

The previous terms were already calculating the average usage for the plans we had for the relays (where usage is actually higher).

Terms of Service have also been updated.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @MikePT also i think you have to be clear by what you refer to "limit by account".

For example, from a cPanel Shared customer, usually the limits are set by cPanel Account, so from that interpretation (1 cPanel Account for... 10 EMAIL accounts) 50 per hour seems low.

If you mean 50/h per EMAIL account it's a different story.

Good luck.

edited December 2018

claudiof said: @MikePT also i think you have to be clear by what you refer to "limit by account".

For example, from a cPanel Shared customer, usually the limits are set by cPanel Account, so from that interpretation (1 cPanel Account for... 10 EMAIL accounts) 50 per hour seems low.

Good luck.

Unless you want us to create plans without MailChannels, I do not see that happening.

That's 1.2k emails in 24h, 36k in 30 days, for 5€ per month. If you need more, you'll need to upgrade. You can't buy the world for 5€. This is per account.

• MikePT said: That's 1.2k emails in 24h, 36k in 30 days, for 5€ per month.

Not really, that could be but in most cases if you're gonna send 36k mails in 30 days you'll probably not want to wait one hour between each batch of 50 emails.

A daily limit would be better as some people might need to send more than 50 mails during an hour, and then nothing for several days...

edited December 2018

datanoise said: Not really, that could be but in most cases if you're gonna send 36k mails in 30 days you'll probably not want to wait one hour between each batch of 50 emails.

A daily limit would be better as some people might need to send more than 50 mails during an hour, and then nothing for several days...

cPanel only supports hourly limits for now. We do have 5 other packages with higher SMTP limits. As mentioned already, you cannot buy the world for 5€. Sorry we cannot meet your requirements. We're a legal company in Portugal with salaries to pay for, people need to eat.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ hostdare
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

MikePT said: salaries to pay for, people need to eat.

mailchannel is expensive not free

Thanked by 1MikePT

@hostdare said:

MikePT said: salaries to pay for, people need to eat.

mailchannel is expensive not free

Yep, certainly, I guess people don't know the cost.

• i'm sure their real usage is far less than half of the limit

Thanked by 1MikePT

kassle said: i'm sure their real usage is far less than half of the limit

That's what we've seen after processing around 14M emails per month, most clients were fine with the previous limits. We've increased these though, will limit if necessary. Hopefully it's enough for spikes, which we understand that may happen.

• @claudiof said:
    @MikePT also i think you have to be clear by what you refer to "limit by account".

Good luck.

Sorry my English, Portuguese here to and my english sucks.

What i mean was: I suggest you to be more clear even in the Terms and Conditions, be clear if the limite it per cPanel Account (50 sent emails shared between email addresses) or per Email Account.

My good luck was sincere, good luck with your project.

And yes, people in general doesn't know how expensive MailChannels is and why is "so" important.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2018

Actual customers don't want to know limits, don't want to think about limits, don't want to think about the metrics behind what they do. That is system administration, not their problem. Only small numbers of users on forum threads want such things up front, the rest would rather you handle it transparently and work with them individually if there is a problem. Those, generally, are the ones actually buying as opposed to critiquing. Outspoken users are a tiny fraction of a fraction of actual users (and many times not even actual users, just opinionated people), so you can't gauge customer opinion by what is publicly spoken.

• MikePT said: Sorry we cannot meet your requirements.

I don't have such requirements, your limits would be more than fine for my use.

My point was that "SMTP Relay is authorized and enabled" could make some people think that it's fine to buy a package for like email notifications for a website of stuff like that while it's probably not if you want to be able to send your emails in batches and send emails to more than 50 (or XX depending on the plan) users without having to wait an hour. Daily limits would make more sense IMO, but I understand that it's complicated with cpanel. That's all I meant, I didn't want to offense you or to criticize your business model: it seems to offer a decent solution for those looking for a place where to host a few mailboxes.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2018

OK now. You guys that are criticising limits in Miguel's business, do you even know what is Mailchannels? If you want this kind of quality, you have to pay for it. There are more expensive plans with limits far larger than the 30 mails per hour. Or else, you can buy a cheapo CPanel shared hosting and set this up as your mail server.
    IMO, limits are reasonable in general, just that could be not per hour but per day or, even, per 6 hour, to allow somebody sending the same amount of mails in bulk when needed.
    On the other hand, we are talking about a mailchannel sending service, white labeled, with a nice interface, fully administrated, with no ads at all and allowing the client NOT TO BE the product (like in "free" Gmail").
    You guys that are talking about low limits, please, PLEASE, go and buy something from LowEndBox. It is dirty cheap and will meet your needs... Not!

TL;DR If you want something that it is reliable and really works, you need to pay for it. Hundereds of mails per hour for 5$ per month with MailChannel relay just doesn't go together.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • datanoise said: A daily limit would be better as some people might need to send more than 50 mails during an hour, and then nothing for several days...

If you read their TOS, the limit is a soft one, not hard. That means, if you send one time a couple of hundereds of mails, Mike will not ban you. If you do it constantly, then, there will be a problem... But if you want to do it constantly, then, either buy the more expensive plan or go directly with Mailchannels and pay for it!

Thanked by 2datanoise MikePT
  • 404error404error Member
    edited December 2018

@MikePT the problem is that you are too transparent bro.
    You need to add the word unlimited in the sales page, and then in the TOS, you just thrown in that Unlimited is tied to fair usage.
    Bam... Problem solved, clients rejoice in the limited unlimited the hosting company got them used to and they will even praise bro.

....you welcome.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePT said: The limits can be lift on a case by case basis, I'd rather do it daily, but cPanel seems to support it hourly only

If you're rate-limiting to help restrict bulk spam, then the shorter the period the sooner an action is taken (e.g., account disabled). Personally I do 40 messages per 10 minute interval per email account.

Thanked by 2datanoise MikePT
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@404error said:
    @MikePT the problem is that you are too transparent bro.
    You need to add the word unlimited in the sales page, and then in the TOS, you just thrown in that Unlimited is tied to fair usage.
    Bam... Problem solved, clients rejoice in the limited unlimited the hosting company got them used to and they will even praise bro.

....you welcome.

You joke, but that could actually do really well outside of hosting forums lol

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I just wanted bread. I even named his bakery "Mike's eattie" (AKA MikeET).

Thanked by 2eol MikePT
  • Thanked by 2MikePT Falzo
  • Lol no