Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ Yid Bid ★ - Idle service trading made easy - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ Yid Bid ★ - Idle service trading made easy

Comments

• @bakageta said:
    Uh oh, I feel like I broke it by bidding... Spoke too soon, it just takes a really long time to change offers after someone wins apparently.

No, you did break it :smiley:
    I was updating the website to provide more errors.
    Please try to bid again and let me know. I sent you PM.

Thanked by 1eol
  • solufsoluf Member
    edited December 2018

Hi, just wanted to let you know it's 1 ip. my bad :neutral:
    want me to cancel the bid?

BUG FIX auto import for WHMCS additional ip regex.

• No that's fine, a second IP would've just been bonus.

• added error instead of just reset the form. feel free to re-register on the website and post the LET code again

yid57b2d4a706031ac5341f97f75edaae29d1154f3aba24159e9c1cc54862820218bid

• 3rd time's the charm, looks like my bid went through. You might want to tweak the email it sends to have the amount shown as dollars with decimal/cents so it stands out a bit better:

Read VirMach transfer rules here!
    Send the money to XXX@XXX amount of 13
    Please send email to the seller at XXX@XXX letting them know you've made payment

Also: I feel better knowing I'm not the only one with different PayPal and email addresses, haha.

• solufsoluf Member
    edited December 2018

@bakageta said:
    3rd time's the charm, looks like my bid went through. You might want to tweak the email it sends to have the amount shown as dollars with decimal/cents so it stands out a bit better:

Read VirMach transfer rules here!
    Send the money to XXX@XXX amount of 13
    Please send email to the seller at XXX@XXX letting them know you've made payment

Also: I feel better knowing I'm not the only one with different PayPal and email addresses, haha.

Sorry for the issues...
    Thanks for your input.
    Changed to amount of XX.XX USD

Yes, this message shows up only with people with different email and paypal. ;)

Thanked by 1bakageta
  • YuraYura Member
    edited December 2018

@soluf, is there any sign that my vps went into pool? The form just flushes, same as when I used let code there... As far as I know there is no way to tell if it's accepted or fell through.

• solufsoluf Member
    edited December 2018

@Yura said:
    @soluf, is there any sign that my vps went into pool? The form just flushes, same as when I used let code there... As far as I know there is no way to tell if it's accepted or fell through.

Yes there is. It says "The command was executed successfully".
    Moving to PM.

Update @Yura had an older version of the html page(cached).
    Fix added no cache headers while in development.

• Yura said: As far as I know there is no way to tell if it's accepted or fell through.

Does it have a page to the submitter that his/her vps is queue number X?

• solufsoluf Member
    edited December 2018

@greattomeetyou said:

Yura said: As far as I know there is no way to tell if it's accepted or fell through.

Does it have a page to the submitter that his/her vps is queue number X?

You can see the total number of VPSes on pool the bottom on the home page.
    Yes, there is a dedicated page for adding new VPSes.
    There queue sequence is pseudo-random with random seed. So it's possible to predict it but currently the site doesn't.

• Can you make the deals viewable even without registering/logging in?

• @eol said:
    Can you make the deals viewable even without registering/logging in?

Only 1 offer at a time currently.
    Working on v2 :blush:

Thanked by 1eol
  • yid057931fbf4af7d53379174d532aaae64ef9180d6f35416ce4fc31106ded048d1bid

• @soluf said:

@eol said:
    Can you make the deals viewable even without registering/logging in?

Only 1 offer at a time currently.
    Working on v2 :blush:

Thanks.
    Looking forward to it.

Thanked by 1soluf
  • yid2a07c67a8e8fe28a752792878999f69a978ab3a8e3afc653384c71256d260029bid

• @bakageta @uptime @sanvit thanks for successful trades.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2018

@soluf - you're welcome, and thank you for taking the trouble to put together a nice platform.

Altogether seemed like a relatively uncomplicated process from my end to register, bid, purchase, and accept transfer.

Less simple issues to resolve have to do mainly with requirement to entrust with email address - which may keep more prudent people away even if they manage to get over the branding.

But that is what it is I suppose.

I am a bit concerned to discover that the "San Jose KVM" I bid for actually seems to be located in Los Angeles. Beyond my own interest in getting what was advertised, I'm curious to see what we can do to resolve this sort of complication in a trade (which also may involve @VirMach).

• solufsoluf Member
    edited December 2018

@uptime said:
    @soluf - you're welcome, and thank you for taking the trouble to put together a nice platform.

Altogether seemed like a relatively uncomplicated process from my end to register, bid, purchase, and accept transfer.

Less simple issues to resolve have to do mainly with requirement to entrust with email address - which may keep more prudent people away even if they manage to get over the branding.

But that is what it is I suppose.

I am a bit concerned to discover that the "San Jose KVM" I bid for actually seems to be located in Los Angeles. Beyond my own interest in getting what was advertised, I'm curious to see what we can do to resolve this sort of complication in a trade (which also may involve @VirMach).

First let clear @VirMach, they has zero responsibility about what is going with the site.
    Second, the location of vps thought to be in San Jose but is really located in LA (both located in CA). The location of the vps in the website is based on the ip geolocation as reported by MaxMind DB. It's usually accurate but mistake can happen.
    Additional information is in a PM.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2018

@soluf said:

First let clear @VirMach, they has zero responsibility about what is going with the site.
    Second, the location of vps thought to be in San Jose but is really located in LA (both located in CA). The location of the vps in the website is based on the ip geolocation as reported by MaxMind DB. It's usually accurate but mistake can happen.

really ...?

Edit - @soluf thanks for offering refund, but at this point it's not worth the bother. Would suggest you make change to your site so that offer location matches what the original offer from Virmach actually specified.

• Seconding that, it's not terribly uncommon for the geolocation to be wrong. One of my LA servers from VirMach locates to buffalo, and I'm sure if I listed it on this a buyer would be unhappy about the difference. I actually went back and forth on bidding on that San Jose offer but decided I'd rather have something in LA. If I had known that's where it actually was, I would've gone for it instead.

Oh well, no regrets here. The transfer was nice and smooth and I got to pick up one of the deals I wanted but missed out on.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • People who believe GeoIP tools over AS routing don't deserve hosting.

• solufsoluf Member
    edited December 2018

@bakageta said:
    Seconding that, it's not terribly uncommon for the geolocation to be wrong. One of my LA servers from VirMach locates to buffalo, and I'm sure if I listed it on this a buyer would be unhappy about the difference. I actually went back and forth on bidding on that San Jose offer but decided I'd rather have something in LA. If I had known that's where it actually was, I would've gone for it instead.

Oh well, no regrets here. The transfer was nice and smooth and I got to pick up one of the deals I wanted but missed out on.

Working on solution.

@Letzien said:
    People who believe GeoIP tools over AS routing don't deserve hosting.

Oh kind sir, please let me know if there is any nodejs library that does that. I promise to use it. :smiley:

• yidd36862306c74bce761593d8d7a48e994461be4753c14178853691888a6d27af1bid

• @soluf said:
    Oh kind sir, please let me know if there is any nodejs library that does that. I promise to use it. :smiley:

Try down the block, not across the street.

• Time to bid on this one. I pay the transfer fee. 10 minutes left...

• @drecksbox:

Nice name :)

• yid15629de62de3f8b595aa5e023ddaa0041daa318b2a01b9a5a0e0796b9ba5675fbid

• yid3143a7d2bce051926eb795d232d0cd3c71ded35c96cdc9487e2190db7501c39abid

• yid5daf4ec6f196541ee50ce7e8fb8f5385908563a29a89abfde8c06d6aeef90024bid

• I don’t think @Francisco has transfering rules, but it would be cool to see BuyVM supported for this.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
This discussion has been closed.