Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ Yid Bid ★ - Idle service trading made easy - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ Yid Bid ★ - Idle service trading made easy

Comments

• @asv said:
    Like the idea and execution.

Thanks.

@southy said:

@soluf said:

I aggree to previous feedbacks that the format (one offer at a time) is not suitable.

I'm still looking for solution. I'm open to suggestions. I agree the method can be improved.

@FrankZ said:

soluf said: My first successful trade, thanks @FrankZ. Thanks @VirMach for the quick transfer.

Thank you @soluf & @VirMach The process was simple and painless.

The only addition I would suggest is to have the previous owner send the SolusVM panel login username to the new owner as it is not always displayed in the VirMach client area.

Thanks for the review.
    I'm thinking about adding it on the add form. Anyways, sent.

Thanked by 3FrankZ southy eol
  • eoleol Member
    edited December 2018

@southy said:
    I aggree to previous feedbacks that the format (one offer at a time) is not suitable.

I agree as well.
    Also you should be able to (only) view offers without logging in.

EDIT:
    Good job so far.

• yid370cdc31772516c97dcd9a52380377da540a19b627f45eb19777cbebcfa9f3acbid

• I guess the yid thing is for marketing/noise. I'm not that thin skinned to stereotypes but seems like using a term in this context is pretty poor taste.

• Every project needs a name.
    Fine with me.

• What could go wrong, right?
    yidb0fca501be399c0a7c14caf42d83054d7a2addec14f9ee1f6c4a59ff83e3a6b7bid

• I wonder if I'm allow to auction off the free one year SSD32G and have Virmach agree to transfer it for me, I much rather have it way more used than have me use like 25% of it max. I also get some money which is always a bonus.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Edmond said:
    I wonder if I'm allow to auction off the free one year SSD32G and have Virmach agree to transfer it for me, I much rather have it way more used than have me use like 25% of it max. I also get some money which is always a bonus.

Would be kind of shitty in my opinion. If you aren't going to use it, donate it. Don't sell it.

• @MasonR said:

@Edmond said:
    I wonder if I'm allow to auction off the free one year SSD32G and have Virmach agree to transfer it for me, I much rather have it way more used than have me use like 25% of it max. I also get some money which is always a bonus.

Would be kind of shitty in my opinion. If you aren't going to use it, donate it. Don't sell it.

Agreed.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2018

@VirMach I guess it boils down to a “we can’t hold your hand” kind of thing. It’d probably end up increasing the volunteer workload anyway if we started to be the middleman for trades.

That said, for any users using the YidBid site: neither I, any staff member or Virmach are responsible for any losses or damages caused as a result of using YidBid. Please use your due diligence while performing trades and read Virmach’s terms on transferred services before making a bid.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @doghouch said:
    That said, for any users using the YoBid site: neither I, any staff member or Virmach are responsible for any losses or damages caused as a result of using YoBid. Please use your due diligence while performing trades and read Virmach’s terms on transferred services before making a bid.

And what about Yid Bid?

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @eol said:
    And what about Yid Bid?

Such a deal I have for you!

Thanked by 1eol
  • @eol said:

@doghouch said:
    That said, for any users using the YoBid site: neither I, any staff member or Virmach are responsible for any losses or damages caused as a result of using YoBid. Please use your due diligence while performing trades and read Virmach’s terms on transferred services before making a bid.

And what about Yid Bid?

(Welp)

• epitome of lameness.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @MasonR said:

@Edmond said:

That's true, I won't do that. I just have to figure something out for it...

But I'll wait for Virmach to migrate my service before I do anything (as I requested for them to not migrate the disk to save them work).

• yidbc1011fbe15a2b24c2047b811b001a3f2b713e8e767c3072b1625b5d8186e745bid

• yid18f6127e3bf2b0f908d09b0556ade8d50e7f489f6f7251f333314d6c68215db7bid

• yidc30d6deb2da0fa7208ae11ffbdf136196980e2afb3307455ebec359a5cc9f082bid

• OP should be posting this under provider tag, is it not?

• I never got email with my id after I posted my code in this thread.

First 2.5hours of the first day it was straight @soluf offers, one after another. Very convenient.

I'm not sure my vps is even in the pool.

Very unconvincing.

• StIll same VPS from yesterday.. Do you have expiration for the bidding @soluf?

• solufsoluf Member
    edited December 2018

@Yura said:
    I never got email with my id after I posted my code in this thread.

First 2.5hours of the first day it was straight @soluf offers, one after another. Very convenient.

Very unconvincing.

If you didn't get an email with your id how can you post an vps on the pool?
    It's true there is a lot of my offers. People says verity is lacking so I addedmore offers, the queue is being selected automatically. Out of the 10 about 7 offers.

Anyways, I'm working on solution to the 10min offers.

@chocolateshirt said:
    StIll same VPS from yesterday.. Do you have expiration for the bidding @soluf?

That's not true, few deals were added. As I said before I'm working on a solution for this 10min "deal" situation.

@sanvit thanks you. another successful trade :smiley:

• YuraYura Member
    edited December 2018

@soluf said:

@Yura said:

Very unconvincing.

I registered and used that code to add vps to the pool. It swallowed the form without throwing out an error or complaining. Only later I figured you have to use that code here and email code there. The problem is, I never got email that would explain this or have any onboarding.

Your answering a question with a question is very stereotypical to the derogatory slang you use for site name. You can call that a success, I guess. But where is my email? It's not in the junk folder either.

• yid72338cf09512e96c6ab3b7be7a0c17fc54f9bc5d633d182e7999f1a14fe53dd9bid

Debian, thx

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2018
    1. The word Yid (/ˈjiːd/; Yiddish: ייִד‎) is a slang Jewish ethnonym of Yiddish origin. Its usage may be controversial in modern English language. It is not usually considered offensive when pronounced /ˈjiːd/ (rhyming with deed), the way Yiddish speakers say it, though some may deem the word offensive nonetheless.

2. When pronounced /ˈjɪd/ (rhyming with did) by non-Jews, it is commonly intended as a pejorative term. It is used as a derogatory epithet by antisemites along with, and as an alternative to, the English word 'Jew'

In the interest of being fair, maybe instead of jumping to the conclusion this is a case of #2. We might consider that it may be a case of #1, that the OP's native language is Yiddish, and sees no offense to the term "yid".
    Don't know, just saying...

EDIT: I have removed the quote, as this was not really directed at anyone in particular.

Thanked by 3Yura uptime eol
  • @FrankZ, I'm not jumping to conclusions, I'm merely highlighting that evasion tactic of answering a question with another question is annoying and more in line with definition #2 than #1. The situation is simple: I registered and didn't get email, not in 10 minutes, not in 2 days. The response was not "oh shoot, I will check the back-end and see what's up and thanks for the heads-up". But if offering his own dozen of idlers was the main point, then that's understandable. It's just mildly annoying, that's all.

Thanked by 2uptime MikePT
  • bayarea15bayarea15 Member
    edited December 2018

@Yura said:
    The situation is simple: I registered and didn't get email, not in 10 minutes, not in 2 days. The response was not "oh shoot, I will check the back-end and see what's up and thanks for the heads-up". But if offering his own dozen of idlers was the main point, then that's understandable. It's just mildly annoying, that's all.

I think some of it seems to be him having to manually enable IDs. FWIW, while it does seem like most of the VPSes are soluf's, as he mentioned 7 of 10 were his, I already sold one of my VPSes using the service, probably because I was one of the first to add mine before the bidding launched. Also let's not forget that we are not paying anything to use this service. :) I think it is expected that we won't have any guarantee of support.

• just to confirm I received email with id a few minutes ago - about 30 minutes after posting the LET id.

• solufsoluf Member
    edited December 2018

@Yura said:

@soluf said:

@Yura said:

Very unconvincing.

I registered and used that code to add vps to the pool. It swallowed the form without throwing out an error or complaining. Only later I figured you have to use that code here and email code there. The problem is, I never got email that would explain this or have any onboarding.

Your answering a question with a question is very stereotypical to the derogatory slang you use for site name. You can call that a success, I guess. But where is my email? It's not in the junk folder either.

added error instead of just reset the form. feel free to re-register on the website and post the LET code again.

@Yura said:
    @FrankZ, I'm not jumping to conclusions, I'm merely highlighting that evasion tactic of answering a question with another question is annoying and more in line with definition #2 than #1. The situation is simple: I registered and didn't get email, not in 10 minutes, not in 2 days. The response was not "oh shoot, I will check the back-end and see what's up and thanks for the heads-up". But if offering his own dozen of idlers was the main point, then that's understandable. It's just mildly annoying, that's all.

I'm Yid. So for me there is only definition #1. :wink:
    I'm making continues effort to make this website better. I'm sorry if you felt offensive. I just tried to understand what happened with your case.

@bayarea15 said:

@Yura said:
    The situation is simple: I registered and didn't get email, not in 10 minutes, not in 2 days. The response was not "oh shoot, I will check the back-end and see what's up and thanks for the heads-up". But if offering his own dozen of idlers was the main point, then that's understandable. It's just mildly annoying, that's all.

I think some of it seems to be him having to manually enable IDs. FWIW, while it does seem like most of the VPSes are soluf's, as he mentioned 7 of 10 were his, I already sold one of my VPSes using the service, probably because I was one of the first to add mine before the bidding launched. Also let's not forget that we are not paying anything to use this service. :) I think it is expected that we won't have any guarantee of support.

I can confirm a bug was found on the email sending service 2 days ago. but it was fixed since than.

Another bug was fixed with the email service that caused the website to outrage

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • bakagetabakageta Member
    edited December 2018

Uh oh, I feel like I broke it by bidding... Spoke too soon, it just takes a really long time to change offers after someone wins apparently.

This discussion has been closed.