Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW! AlphaRacks Website - Feedback Requested (giving away 10x $25 to 10 LET MEMBERS!) - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEW! AlphaRacks Website - Feedback Requested (giving away 10x $25 to 10 LET MEMBERS!)

Comments

• @JabJab said:
    https://serverscope.io/trials/OkKn

Very stable, very slow LOL

Disk Read 4 MB/s

LOL. Which plan was that by the way?

• @doughmanes said:
    Feedback requested? taps mic THERE'S NO NEED TO SEND THINGS IN CHINESE TO US RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA BECAUSE I'M GONNA GUESS THAT CHINESE ISN'T ONE OF THE TOP 5 LANGUAGES IN MY AREA.

HOT TOP LANGUAGES IN YOUR AREA WANT TO DATE YOU.

Thanked by 1CyberMonday
  • Here's a benchmark I just did of a $5/year 128mb vz from alpharacks.

https://serverscope.io/trials/lPoP

Your mileage will vary considerably depending which node you're on I suppose.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2018

Maybe stop e-mailing me fifty times per day? I never even signed up for your service. No unsubscribe link. You don't even have the correct first name, lol.

Fucking low-life spammers.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Doesn't matter. AR will do the same thing next year on BF and people will fall for it again.

The circle won't end.

Here's one of their scum e-mails with no unsubscribe link:

Thanked by 2Saragoldfarb eol
  • I'm not saying that you should, but you could sign their info@ and sales@ and admin@ emails up for all kinds of shady email lists if you were so inclined.

• Instead of a new site why don't you worry about your awful service. You might just keep some customers if you do.

• Thanks for those benchmarks people. Guess they haven't improved much...

• @doughmanes said:
    Feedback requested? taps mic THERE'S NO NEED TO SEND THINGS IN CHINESE TO US RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA BECAUSE I'M GONNA GUESS THAT CHINESE ISN'T ONE OF THE TOP 5 LANGUAGES IN MY AREA.

You can ignore it.

• @perennate

Not to defend AlphaRacks, but the email you put up has an unsubscribe link as far as I can tell from my version of it. Perhaps it was because they only put the link in the HTML version of the email?

To be fair, the unsubscribe link has been used by spammers to confirm active email addresses. It's not recommended to click it.

Thanked by 1eol
    edited December 2018

FlamesRunner said: Not to defend AlphaRacks, but the email you put up has an unsubscribe link as far as I can tell from my version of it. Perhaps it was because they only put the link in the HTML version of the email?

OK, you're right, they have one in the HTML version. I guess it's less a malicious intention and more that they were grossly incompetent and failed to include it in the plaintext version.

Still don't know how I got on the list, I've never signed up for any AlphaRacks product.

Edit: I've unsubscribed now, hopefully no more of these e-mails! Thanks for mentioning the link is in HTML version.

Thanked by 1KermEd

I repeat this again: DO NOT click on the unsubscribe links from spammers.

If it's from reputable vendors, like Amazon, yes, the unsubscribe link will work. But from spammers? They put your e-mail on a more expensive list and sell it to someone else.

Thanked by 1eol

I don't click anything in random e-mails, but since they're posting here on LET I assume they're at least a bit legitimate. Although yeah I imagine they must be buying marketing lists or something, so that's definitely shady.

Nope, they are not. They come here only on BF since the rule to post offers without provider tag is lifted during.

They vanish and will reappear on BF again.

• @deank said:
    Nope, they are not. They come here only on BF since the rule to post offers without provider tag is lifted during.

They vanish and will reappear on BF again.

I didn't even notice they don't have a provider tag... good to know.

• More simply and quickly accessed from my country

• @alpharacks Any news on the supplemental prize draw??

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @pepa65 said:
    @alpharacks Any news on the supplemental prize draw??

For $49.95, they may remove you from their spam list.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Nice design and it good for mobile device, since i believe its must be responsive :) however the black banner i think will be best if changed to another color, maybe blue or green will be perfect. Black is just meh~

Just my opinion, it your site, do anything you want in it :) cheers!

• h2oh2o Member
    edited December 2018

@deank said:
    I repeat this again: DO NOT click on the unsubscribe links from spammers.

If it's from reputable vendors, like Amazon, yes, the unsubscribe link will work. But from spammers? They put your e-mail on a more expensive list and sell it to someone else.

the latest operation is putting a parametric pic into the mail, they will record automatically when you open it.

• @alpharacks The "next week" is running out on the promised rectified prize draw..!

• pepa65 said: The "next week" is running out on the promised rectified prize draw..!

I guess you can't take the hint it's not happening.

Stop trying to get free credits it's not going to happen.

• starrydots said:

You can ignore it.

I didn't ask what a poor person thought. Enjoy getting spammed to hell

Thanked by 1inklight
  • if it looks good, does that mean it tastes good too?

• sell more of (something) than exists or can be delivered.

• @dahartigan said:
    Here's a benchmark I just did of a $5/year 128mb vz from alpharacks.

https://serverscope.io/trials/lPoP

Your mileage will vary considerably depending which node you're on I suppose.

they give you 4 × 2400 MHz for a $5/year 128mb openvz? this must be a mistake.

• @Chuck said:
    must be a mistake.

Did somebody say steak?

This discussion has been closed.