Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW! AlphaRacks Website - Feedback Requested (giving away 10x $25 to 10 LET MEMBERS!) - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEW! AlphaRacks Website - Feedback Requested (giving away 10x $25 to 10 LET MEMBERS!)

Comments

• alpharacksalpharacks Member
    edited November 2018

JohnMiller92 said: What happened is he probably used the In this Discussion table listing on the right side. Except, there's different results for each page. I think he used the one on Page 2.
    Should have cumulated them from all pages?
    JabJab said: Page number makes no diff for my results, they are always the same for me. Looks like 20
    last posters decided on theirs first post timestamp?

This is exactly what happened, a genuine/honest mistake. We want to make this right and fair, we will be extending the feedback window for another week, and selecting 10 new winners.

NOT TO WORRY - the 10 people who did win so far WILL still receive their $25 account credit. But if you were one of the 10 on the original list and somehow are on the 10 in the new list, then you will not get duplicate credit.

I think that's more than fair to make this right, we will essentially be giving away more credits than originally planned but that is part of our commitment to the community. We will re-do the drawings next week after the Cyber Monday/BF event calms down a bit.

But before that - who knows how I can export the list PROPERLY? As @JabJab said even on different pages, it makes no difference for the results. Definitely seems like a LET bug...

Thanked by 3eol Saragoldfarb pepa65
  • I will be answering PMs later today BTW, over 30 unreads between this as well as other questions due to our Cyber Monday sale, so don't think I am ignoring you if I didn't reply to your PM just yet - I'm doing my best. A bit tied up with a few other action items due to our Cyber Monday/Black Friday sale but I'll issue some of the credits later this afternoon.

• @deank said:
    I smell disaster from far away.

Called it

• wtfcook said: Called it

The end was nigh

No worries, we made it right and very fair :)

Thanked by 1wtfcook
  • alpharacks said: I think that's more than fair to make this right

I took the time out of my day to go through the first 2 pages, and removed duplicates, (ones that posted before your winnings)

drizbo
    Aidan
    tenpera
    JohnMiller92
    deathlife23
    eol
    HMR
    bharatwaj
    xddxdd
    CyberMonday
    silverdawn
    angstrom
    greattomeetyou
    uhu
    niraeth
    WebGuru
    Foul
    dustinc
    d2itsme
    Leonn
    aka455
    MikePT
    sooel
    aap
    ps20090
    PieNotEvenEaten
    rm_
    deank
    zuby2402
    donli
    wtfcook
    Edi
    doghouch
    FlamesRunner
    dahartigan
    ehhthing
    tomg777
    xijinRK
    Saragoldfarb
    sanvit
    Epve
    Alvaro
    Levnode
    Chuck
    zhujiwiki
    Zenith
    wil_123
    beibei
    plq001
    huanhuan
    plumberg
    GolamT313
    pepa65
    jetchirag
    michaelx
    FAT32
    alston
    unfortunately
    sportingdan
    andrew1995
    muffin
    alhr
    FAT33
    limited
    zero24x
    h20
    shyxtrooper
    JabJab
    vishaelpatelz
    yummy

• Good on you @alpharacks for making this right. This is why giving people the benefit of the doubt is so important, because it was just a honest mistake. I'd say it wasn't even a "mistake", you just got screwed over by a forum bug lol

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @JohnMiller92 said:
    Good on you @alpharacks for making this right. This is why giving people the benefit of the doubt is so important, because it was just a honest mistake. I'd say it wasn't even a "mistake", you just got screwed over by a forum bug feature lol

Thanked by 1JohnMiller92
  • Ah never mind!
    I wanted to buy a VPS for testing so thought from your credits would buy. Maybe some other day. Congrats to the winners ;)

• @alpharacks said: But if you were one of the 10 on the original list and somehow are on the 10 in the new list, then you will not get duplicate credit.

You could simply remove the 10 original winners from the new list before choosing the new 10 winners.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @angstrom said:

@alpharacks said: But if you were one of the 10 on the original list and somehow are on the 10 in the new list, then you will not get duplicate credit.

You could simply remove the 10 original winners from the new list before choosing the new 10 winners.

This.

Thanked by 2eol pepa65
  • It looks pretty standard, but the missing client login button on mobile is annoying.

• @Foul said:

alpharacks said: I think that's more than fair to make this right

I took the time out of my day to go through the first 2 pages, and removed duplicates, (ones that posted before your winnings)

Not sure if this list is correct, because my name is missing.

• FAT33FAT33 Member
    edited November 2018

@rm_ said:

JohnMiller92 said: I think he used the one on Page 2.

The list on Page 2 doesn't include both FAT33 and FAT32 (someone too eager to win?) as we see in the picture.

Deleted contents

• FAT33FAT33 Member
    edited November 2018

@FAT32 said:

@rm_ said:

The list on Page 2 doesn't include both FAT33 and FAT32 (someone too eager to win?) as we see in the picture.

Calm down guys, FAT33 is definitely not me and I have no idea why he appeared at the first place

Deleted contents

• @FAT33 said:
    My IP is from China, ...

That doesn't prove anything.

• FAT33FAT33 Member
    edited November 2018

@eol said:

@FAT33 said:
    My IP is from China, ...

That doesn't prove anything.

Deleted contents

• Also why would you choose a name this similar to an already existing member?

• FAT33FAT33 Member
    edited November 2018

@eol said:
    Also why would you choose a name this similar to an already existing member?

Deleted contents

• @FAT33 said:

@eol said:
    Also why would you choose a name this similar to an already existing member?

I was also very surprised to find this today, because FAT33 is just my registered random input. I think this is over, but I don't want to misunderstand another member because of this.

Yeah.
    Looks very random.

• good

• @wtfcook said:

@angstrom said:

@alpharacks said: But if you were one of the 10 on the original list and somehow are on the 10 in the new list, then you will not get duplicate credit.

This.

seconded.

• My humble suggestions:
    1) if you didn't register the logo already, you can think of moving "defining superior service" under the logo. It can be read better, and in general the menu is pretty thin...
    2) the footer is pretty large in respect of the other elements. in the mobile version it's perfect, though
    3) dedicated servers table in the home page. Are you sure that it's your core business or at least the ones you sell the most? I would expect that the most sold are the basic products. I would instead put a "teaser" of the different kind of products, so you can show prices "starting from XXX" and put a link to the specific product page. That could hit more.

Happy if I could be of help

• First, the page is clean and tidy. Several functions should be added.

1.Increase the function of timely communication, you can contact online customer service in time. Instead of contacting by email.

2.Open more community members so that more users can interact with you.

3.Better compatibility with mobile browsing

4.Many responded that the home page should reflect more categories and packages, or browse more, rather than just showing one catego

5.More language support should be added to the official website to enable users to understand packages, descriptions, classifications, and so on more quickly. Individuals want to add multilingual official website settings, so that users can freely choose the official language to browse.

6.Official LOGO is not clear, why not HD LOGO?

• good and nice

• So... Any updates? Anyne who got credit willing to do a benchmark?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2018

https://serverscope.io/trials/OkKn

Very stable, very slow LOL

Disk Read 4 MB/s

Thanked by 3eol Saragoldfarb vovler
  • Just to make sure it wasn't "overloaded" node, because someone doing something.
    Same test, almost 8 hours later.

Disk Read 4 MB/s

Stable af LOL

Thanked by 2Saragoldfarb vovler
  • @JabJab said:
    Just to make sure it wasn't "overloaded" node, because someone doing something.

Disk Read 4 MB/s

Stable af LOL

Ouch, lol. Good luck with your....anything.

• @JabJab said:
    Just to make sure it wasn't "overloaded" node, because someone doing something.

Disk Read 4 MB/s

Stable af LOL

WOW!!

• Feedback requested? taps mic THERE'S NO NEED TO SEND THINGS IN CHINESE TO US RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA BECAUSE I'M GONNA GUESS THAT CHINESE ISN'T ONE OF THE TOP 5 LANGUAGES IN MY AREA.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
This discussion has been closed.