Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW! AlphaRacks Website - Feedback Requested (giving away 10x $25 to 10 LET MEMBERS!) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEW! AlphaRacks Website - Feedback Requested (giving away 10x $25 to 10 LET MEMBERS!)

Comments

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2018

Looks good! Really I want a free vps!

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Looks good! Really I want a free vps!

Install KVM.

Thanked by 1eol
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2018

Looks simple and clean. I like it. Unfortunately I did not see the previous website to compare.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I smell disaster from far away.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • deank said: I smell disaster from far away.

1. There is no information about your company. How to find your IRS, your physical address or phone number?
    2. Only Twitter social network.
    3. I still don't understand, does your annual offers from Black friday or Cyber monday provides 5 TB per month or year? Because I see 2.4 GB of 4.9 TB Used / 4.9 TB Free in panel, although I almost haven't used this VPS. You just writing 5TB Premium bandwidth in offer.
    4. You should tell on your site what bandwidth and what type of HDD you are calling Premium and why?
    5. If you offer 1Gbps port as an option, additional IPs and cores I'd better show it on site with prices of this options. Although I've got 1Gbps port, just checked few tests, I have still 100 Mbps port, according to tests.
    Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • To much violet... I dont like this color :)

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • It's breathtaking.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

It's bathtaking.

Thanked by 2alpharacks eol
  • The 'Continue Shopping' link on the Review & Checkout page has black color font. You can't see what it says unless you hover over it.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • wtfcook said: The 'Continue Shopping' link on the Review & Checkout page has black color font. You can't see what it says unless you hover over it.

Working on getting that fixed :)

• You could add a "scroll to top" button. Preferably on the sidebar. It's much easier for lazy people to browse :)
    I see that you have a "scroll to top" button on the "CyberMonday" deals page, but is way down...

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • I don’t need the credit, but there’s waaaay too much text in the main “hero.”

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Black and purple look nice together, but you don't really showcase your other services. The homepage is meant for a quick overview of the services you offer, not just for dedicated servers.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • I've always liked that black and purple look, similar to quadranet almost..

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Overall, the website looks nicely designed. However, I'd make two small suggestions:

• Make the AlphaRack logo larger
    • Make the Client Login button purple (to match the rest of the design.)
  • Confused as to why the high bandwidth options state up to Unmetered Gigabit but only has the 100TB networking option (same with (some) other options not offering Unmetered Gigabit)
    For the rest looks good.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Very clean looking indeed, maybe could use a fancier font.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Nice one. Could actually use a small backup dns server so... curious to see if your services have improved as well. I have spoken my mind about your network quality before but hey, now's the time to prove us wrong :).

Anyway, regarding the website:
    1. On mobile (for me) your logo isn't clickable to take me back to the main site. Judging by the code it should be working on desktop but these days mobile view is much more important so I'll focus on that.

1. client login button is missing on mobile. Also, no client login link in the footer. Usually I want any login to be available within 1 or 2 clicks. especially on mobile. when it's not right there at the top I expect it to be in the footer so...

2. way too much text in the header... people don't care. Leave out everything after the first heading and put that somewhere in a box right after the header. or leave it all out.

3. you have a new product offering in the header but it doesn't stand out. Add a button to it or something to create a call to action linking directly to the new offers. make it pop man! :)

4. same goes for the subpages. get rid of all the text in the header and put it on the page.

5. Not sure what you're selling most but I'd put my best selling products with the biggest ROI on the front page. I doubt that would be your dedicated server line but you know... think about it.

6. maybe use 1 tab on the front page 'table' to showcase webhosting, than vps, than dedicated etc. showcase like 3 products each and add a load more button or a button to take you to each category overview.

7. the let's make a deal button... it does stand out but... don't use your email address but link to a contact page. preferably not your ticketing system but create a contact form that'll put people in contact directly with the main man. Respond to it by mail as well. If you're not a client already you defo don't want your messages getting lost in a ticketing system.

anyway. decent site :)

Thanked by 3alpharacks Chuck eol
  • Nice, but can't seem to find the login button (mobile).

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Definitely keep the web dev on the payroll..

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • I did not know the old site, but it has a good modern and responsive design.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • AlphaRacks provides quality web hosting, OpenVZ and KVM Virtual Private Servers, and Dedicated Servers.

=> I think you should obsolete 1 AND word.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited November 2018

I don't think the colors are LGBTQIA friendly.

If you want to know which colors they like, you're better ask:
    https://lgbtqia.ucdavis.edu/educated/words

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • like the color.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • website response is so fast, but your banner text color is not obvious, sub page looks better.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Nice website.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • it looks good. But there are some problems,When I log in, I return to the homepage,It will ask me to log in again.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • very good

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • looks nice for simple color design and concise layout. Such changes are always welcome.
    B.T.W. I'm a satisfied user for a couple of years.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
This discussion has been closed.