Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 510
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @imok said:

@randomq said:

@imok said:
    I need to pee and there isnt any bathroom here.

Where were you?

If you're drunk you can always find a place to pee. Perhaps you were not sufficiently drunk?

I was in a child's birthday party.

I stand by my statement.

• I'm drunk now. There were bathrooms this time.

Thanked by 1randomq
  • New layout!

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2021

However this need to have font-colors switched I guess? Dropdown menu fonts in white, Those main text on light blue background go black/gray like in dropdown

Need to change hover effect color, but still looks better and readable. Maybe red from logo?

also logo need a little spacing between V and I. It's combined now, looks like retarded N or something VNRMACH

• @JabJab said:

However this need to have font-colors switched I guess? Dropdown menu fonts in white, Those main text on light blue background go black/gray like in dropdown

Need to change hover effect color, but still looks better and readable. Maybe red from logo?

also logo need a little spacing between V and I. It's combined now, looks like retarded N or something VNRMACH

What the hell is even that!

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@JabJab said:

Time crunch.

Good suggestions all around and pretty much what we're going to be doing. I do see what you're seeing with the VIR which wasn't initially noticed. Perhaps if we make the logo larger as originally designed then it might look a little more clear. We initially scrunched the letters up a bit so it would better fit.

Definitely a lot of the rest of the stuff you said through will be fine-tuned and a few other things. Thanks for the feedback.

• Hopefully tomorrow I have some free time and I can redesign your front page as a Christmas gift 😅

Thanked by 2ZA_capetown plumberg

@JabJab said: also logo need a little spacing between V and I. It's combined now, looks like retarded N or something VNRMACH

I've spent some time on this and decided I absolutely agree with you, and it's bothering me, but I kind of like it now. Kind of looks Cyrillic like a dumb version of a И

Anyway, all I achieved was this which I like even more.

Then I realized maybe I should get some rest.

• Letters are expensive, just rebrand to VMach!

Thanked by 2FrankZ imok
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2021

Keep it clear & simple. ;)
    https://imgur.com/SL9ShKm

Thanked by 1imok
  • @VirMach said:

@JabJab said: also logo need a little spacing between V and I. It's combined now, looks like retarded N or something VNRMACH

I've spent some time on this and decided I absolutely agree with you, and it's bothering me, but I kind of like it now. Kind of looks Cyrillic like a dumb version of a И

Anyway, all I achieved was this which I like even more.

Then I realized maybe I should get some rest.

Yes, that is what happens when you are sleep deprived (or doing LSD).

Thanked by 3FrankZ imok ZA_capetown

Thanked by 3FrankZ imok randomq
  • It reminds me of Call of Duty

• You were in the war?

• Maybe.

• @imok said:
    Hopefully tomorrow I have some free time and I can redesign your front page as a Christmas gift 😅

I've lost the touch. I haven't designed websites for years.

I tried. It's disgusting. I'm sorry.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • @VirMach Just a FYI

The reverse dns option no longer works in the billing panel. I tried in Firefox and Chrome with a couple of VPS in different locations.
    Also on logout there is an error msg displayed.
    "Error We were unable to connect your account. Please contact your system administrator. "

• @imok said:

@imok said:
    Hopefully tomorrow I have some free time and I can redesign your front page as a Christmas gift 😅

I've lost the touch. I haven't designed websites for years.

I tried. It's disgusting. I'm sorry.

Lets see it anyway

• No, it really sucks. I will try another day for another iteration.

• I'm out of the loop but why BF deal thread from 2018 still has active usage?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@omelas said:
    I'm out of the loop but why BF deal thread from 2018 still has active usage?

Thanked by 2imok FrankZ
  • Thanked by 1FrankZ

@FrankZ said:
    @VirMach Just a FYI

The reverse dns option no longer works in the billing panel. I tried in Firefox and Chrome with a couple of VPS in different locations.
    "Error We were unable to connect your account. Please contact your system administrator. "

A few things broken including the troubleshooter. As long as it's not a critical issue we'll still keep it on the new theme while we iron things out.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

@FrankZ said:
    @VirMach Just a FYI

This should be resolved.

Will need more information on this one, I can't replicate it.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • But I liked the old logo and colours. Was there a technical reason why it had to be changed?
    Or is it just to seem refreshed?
    I'll probably get use to the new colours, but personally I prefer the old look. :smiley:

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • @VirMach said:

@FrankZ said:
    @VirMach Just a FYI

This should be resolved.

Will need more information on this one, I can't replicate it.

Thank you for fixing the reverse dns option. It works now.
    I was not able to recreate the error msg on logout today.
    It did it to me twice yesterday using chrome.
    So I expect you fixed this as well :)

Thanked by 1VirMach
    edited December 2021

@ZA_capetown said:
    But I liked the old logo and colours. Was there a technical reason why it had to be changed?
    I'll probably get use to the new colours, but personally I prefer the old look. :smiley:

Mainly going back to our original logo color theme:

It was made to look "larger" as well using the same area, so the font is more bold and condensed.

As for the background color, we wanted to hurt everyone's eyes. I don't think this version of the site will have a long shelf life, we just did it since we had to update the billing panel theme anyway when we ported over to the new version.

Originally a darker background was planned but it just looked IMO worse with the new billing area template since it wasn't just all white background but instead split up into little segments.

• @VirMach said:

@ZA_capetown said:
    But I liked the old logo and colours. Was there a technical reason why it had to be changed?

Mainly going back to our original logo color theme:

It was made to look "larger" as well using the same area, so the font is more bold and condensed.

As for the background color, we wanted to hurt everyone's eyes. I don't think this version of the site will have a long shelf life, we just did it since we had to update the billing panel theme anyway when we ported over to the new version.

Originally a darker background was planned but it just looked IMO worse with the new billing area template since it wasn't just all white background but instead split up into little segments.

so no more Team Blue?!?!?! :'(

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce to you the new Team Black & Red:

Thanked by 1randomq
  • @omelas said:
    I'm out of the loop but why BF deal thread from 2018 still has active usage?

There were some great deals back in 2018.