Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 467
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• Thanks @FAT32 for your awesome tracker. Any chance we can filter the asynchronous notifications before Black Friday? 4+ years of BF hunting has me very picky on deals now. Also if you only notify on the really great deals we can keep notifications on while sleeping without getting disturbed for every offer. :)

Thanked by 2skorous FAT32
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@randomq said:
    Thanks FAT32 for your awesome tracker. Any chance we can filter the asynchronous notifications before Black Friday? 4+ years of BF hunting has me very picky on deals now. Also if you only notify on the really great deals we can keep notifications on while sleeping without getting disturbed for every offer. :)

I am not really sure what you mean by asynchronous notifications. Ya I should have added that feature but too busy to add that :( Maybe next time...

• But many thanks again to @VirMach for the spectacular surprise flash sale (and my double double gift! - which was the double my store credits) <3

Best of luck with all the migrations and the Ryzens SOON™

• and may London and... eventually ZA also make the future expansion mix SOON™. :-)
    Thanked by 2FAT32 mrTom
  • @VirMach said:

@abiaolaoge said:
    @VirMach
    Maybe your AUP is out of date:

"Customer’s Service cannot average more than 80 IOPS within any two (2) hour period"

This is the HDD usage policy, we need the SSD and NVME usage policy.

It's been out of date since the beginning, it's just meant to be absolute lowest we'd ever contact you about but we have done that to pretty much zero customers for 80 IOPS. I say pretty much just in case I'm forgetting some weird case that was 80 IOPS with more intensive operations. I really don't think anyone should be worried. You can quote me here if you read this message (anyone reading this) and you do have problems. Then we can go over what happened and adjust the anti-abuse script accordingly (we've already been doing this for years to accommodate pretty much every legitimate use case or to reduce usage level for specific applications that had I/O issues.)

Changing the terms becomes problematic so since we've delayed a change for now for some time, I'll see if we can have a better explanation page (with fine print still referencing ToS.)

I had a VPS shut down by you a couple of years back for 130 IOPS, which was from a mysql database. I adjusted some buffering (delaying writes, etc.) and support was pleasant enough; not a big deal.

The most annoying thing was that your own stats bore no resemblance to what was in /proc/stat on the VPS. Thus I got pinged even though I was monitoring the usage myself and believed it was under 80. Because there doesn't seem to be any other way to monitor, I have to set IOPS alerts at 40 for VirMach.

I don't want to jinx it but I really hope people can appreciate how crazy VirMach is. (I have to learn to appreciate more too)

I have seen far too many people saying things like: "VirMach is lack of sincerity", "VirMach is playing all kind of monkey tricks", "VirMach is deadpooling" especially in certain community that should not be named.

List me the providers who are willing to do < $5/yr VPS with dedicated IP that's not OVH, with RECURRING discounts, and is NOT deadpooled today, it is near to none. No one in their right mind wants to sell VPS below costs.

IP price has doubled over the last 2-3 years, yet VirMach upgraded everyone from OVZ to KVM Lite for free, and still provided VPS below $5/yr that is most likely below cost. (Oh and imagine the costs on support for multiple tickets...)

The performance might not be fantastic, but uptime for my BF/CM 2018 VPS is over 99.9%+ for the last 3 years. That shows that it is quite reliable.

Several providers from my last BF flash deals either deadpooled / decided to terminate their <= $6/yr deals this year, this shows how unsustainable such deals are and kudos to VirMach for still being able to make them happens.

#VirMachGang

• @VirMach many Thanks for your amazing performance

VirMachFans

• @FAT32 please add an option to use your aff link, you deserve compensation for your service and I'd be willing to use it :)

@dahartigan said:
    FAT32 please add an option to use your aff link, you deserve compensation for your service and I'd be willing to use it :)

Thanks but honestly I don't feel good, VirMach already selling it at rock bottom price and I still taking advantage of that 10% affiliate money...

I think I did posted once or twice in the early days (for non-flash deals) but I no longer have any active aff under my account. Even then I don't believe you don't have an account with VirMach yet :joy:

• Are there any Black Friday events this year?

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited September 2021

@FAT32 said:

@dahartigan said:
    FAT32 please add an option to use your aff link, you deserve compensation for your service and I'd be willing to use it :)

Thanks but honestly I don't feel good, VirMach already selling it at rock bottom price and I still taking advantage of that 10% affiliate money...

I think I did posted once or twice in the early days (for non-flash deals) but I no longer have any active aff under my account. Even then I don't believe you don't have an account with VirMach yet :joy:

I do have an account, with 10+ services that I purchased all through your app. I'm not sure how virmach aff works, but is it 10% of each sale or just the first customer?

I understand your point about it being a tiny amount, but consider the number of people (myself included) who would not have known about the deals had it not been for your site. Virmach took money they would have missed out on otherwise. That's what you deserve the credit for and I'm sure they agree.

EDIT: At least consider adding it as an option, even if hidden. I for one will use it.

@dahartigan said:
    I do have an account, with 10+ services that I purchased all through your app. I'm not sure how virmach aff works, but is it 10% of each sale or just the first customer?

I understand your point about it being a tiny amount, but consider the number of people (myself included) who would not have known about the deals had it not been for your site. Virmach took money they would have missed out on otherwise. That's what you deserve the credit for and I'm sure they agree.

If I remember correctly, aff is tied to an account, so once your account is created all future aff links will not override per order, and it should also be 10% for each sale.

Don't worry, it is all those little things we do for the community and providers we love :wink: Also, if a provider can profit a little bit more, they can survive longer/further and we can continue to enjoy our insane deals :D

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited September 2021

I We Love Insane Deals

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • Wow crazy...

I left for some hours and now there are trains instead of buses.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @imok said:
    Wow crazy...

Yeah that's because you missed some insane trains err... I mean deals

Thanked by 1imok
  • @imok said:
    Wow crazy...

We are just practicing for the captchas.

Thanked by 1imok
  • VIIIIRRRMAAAAAAAAAAAAAACH

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited September 2021

@randomq said:

@imok said:
    Wow crazy...

You mean training for the captchas ;)

• @dahartigan said:

@randomq said:

@imok said:
    Wow crazy...

Oh no... I'm an AI, aren't I? I had a feeling. Well, beeps and boops actually...

• @randomq said:

@dahartigan said:

@randomq said:

@imok said:
    Wow crazy...

Oh no... I'm an AI, aren't I? I had a feeling. Well, beeps and boops actually...

training

• donlidonli Member
    edited September 2021

@imok said:
    Wow crazy...

Since Virmach is upgrading to Ryzen we need to upgrade to something more powerful than buses.

Thanked by 2randomq imok
  • Flash may return, so there will be some trains ahead to catch...

• i slept and woke up, now regret sleeping.

• @dahartigan said:

@randomq said:

@dahartigan said:

@randomq said:

@imok said:
    Wow crazy...

training

It doesn't look like anything to me.

• What happened here? 2 year old thread? Necro?

• @neverain said:
    What happened here? 2 year old thread? Necro?

Not Necro, it never died!

Thanked by 2muffin imok

@neverain said:

It is not necro, we keep it alive until today.

• @giang said:
    Flash may return, so there will be some trains ahead to catch...

Coming soon? Yes!!!

• @neverain said:

You're new here. Welcome.

• @randomq said:

@dahartigan said:

@randomq said:

@imok said:
    Wow crazy...