Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 455
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• Does anyone know how long this event will last?

• @jerry_me said:
    Does anyone know how long this event will last?

You never know with VirMach. If we are all quiet he might just forget and leave VirBot on until BF...

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @jerry_me said:

i mean its on since 2018...

Thanked by 3pullangcubo bdl imok
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@jerry_me said:

To quote from VirMach:

@VirMach said: we could just turn this into a social experiment and keep it going forever.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited September 2021

@FAT32 said:
    To quote from VirMach:

@VirMach said: we could just turn this into a social experiment and keep it going forever.

Bad news is... it works. :(

Bild 2021-09-17_07-55ghk23.png auf abload.de

Thanked by 2FrankZ randomq
  • @FAT32 said:

@jerry_me said:

To quote from VirMach:

Then we be like

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2021

@bruh21 said:
    i think my node is a little full...

@swat4 said:

@FrankZ said:

But that steal rate :(

:| but at such rate.... it is hard to ask for more...

Definitely do make a ticket and include that screenshot/information. Perhaps VirBot made a mistake and picked a bad node it shouldn't have but it does happen.

@imok said:
    Sir @VirMach,
    PEOPLE NEEDS MORE SPLEEPING SERVERS!

Sorry, I was spleeping on the job. I'll get right on that.

@FrankZ said:

@swat4 said: The one just now was even better

yes, 256 RAM or 5GB disk is not really useful any more, except as a toy.

We still get tickets that haunt me.

@swat4 said: The one just now was even better

$17.35/yr - LOS ANGELES, CA / 4 vCPU / 256M RAM / 20G SSD / 500G BW / 1 IPs

Uhoh, someone forgot to increase the minimum RAM... I'll go ahead and do that now, I don't want to deal with vague "my server is down" tickets for CentOS 8 going into kernel panic on VNC.

Thanked by 2FrankZ bruh21
    edited September 2021

Minimum RAM per package should now be 384MB.

(edit: moving forward, as in not future offers with it, doesn't mean your RAM will be increased.)

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • should we be expecting crazy or cool ams deals? @VirMach

• @VirMach How about pending orders ? Mine was pending for manual checking for 2 days.

edited September 2021

@Remon said:
    @VirMach How about pending orders ? Mine was pending for manual checking for 2 days.

If your order is manual review and you do not have a second account and would be able to have a discussion about that in a ticket, with a valid reason as to why your account was incorrectly flagged as such, feel free to create one to speed up the process. This isn't an invitation for everyone to pretend like they don't have other accounts though.

If you no longer can wait, feel free to also make a ticket for a cancellation/refund.

Otherwise, it may take some time. We basically have to go through all accounts with associated information, see if there's any previous abuse/issues, or other suspicious activity. Sometimes people have a lot of accounts so it slows down the whole process, especially when it comes to flash deals.

We wouldn't normally spend as much time on it but the issue is that there are abusers now constantly doing this so we have to make sure no one is doing that.

edited September 2021

@FrankZ said:
    I have been very happy that VirBot's new minimum disk space is 15GB instead of 5GB.

This has been upped to 20GB.

@FAT32 said:
    Btw... I feel it is quite unlikely for VirMach to provide more below $5/yr VPS because IP price raised a lot lately...

Try to keep your expectation lower to avoid disappointment, I believe it will be the same during BF/CM for all providers as well

In fact, all VPS below $12 on VirMach is quite interesting already

Those $5 deals were all VirBot. And VirBot is still allowed to do it, but you are right that they will become increasingly rare as the servers that had that kind of specific resources available appear to be filled, at least at a glance.

@FrankZ said: San Jose was a pleasant surprise for me last year and I really like the location / network. But the VPS I have there is light on disk space, so I am getting pretty tight. Everything I have seen so far is too much ram for the amount of disk space. So sad.

We're going to be shipping San Jose next for Ryzen and it SHOULD be getting there sooner since we're closer to it. Since it's such a popular location for these type of lower-end deals I'll also see about building a "beta" Threadripper/Epyc server for that location but no promises as that's not considered a "main" location we offer right now. If that happens though that would mean it could make an appearance on some sale sometime soon-ish. Huge disclaimer, I'm still using this thread to say stuff less "officially" so expect everything I just said to never happen or at least run into dozens of issues.

@FrankZ said: EDIT: Or maybe the San Jose VirBot has a very tiny disk

20GB is now possible since I forced it but yes, this location generally runs out of disk space first and has a very high renewal rate so it's just full for the most part.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @VirMach add larger disks e.g >=40GB and top it up with windows OS if possible.

Thanked by 1Ganonk

@ehab said:
    @VirMach add larger disks e.g >=40GB and top it up with windows OS if possible.

Nothing will be Windows in this sale right now.

Everything else has priority right now since this sale wasn't planned but once I have some free time I'll try to start cleaning up some of the plans it generates to be more in line with some requests.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

20GB is now possible but the ratio is quite interesting :joy:

$64.67/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    9984MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    19500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@FAT32 said:
    Btw... I feel it is quite unlikely for VirMach to provide more below $5/yr VPS because IP price raised a lot lately...

Try to keep your expectation lower to avoid disappointment, I believe it will be the same during BF/CM for all providers as well

In fact, all VPS below $12 on VirMach is quite interesting already

The value of ips have doubled in thr past year. Just incredible rate of price change.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • @jbiloh said:
    The value of ips have doubled in thr past year. Just incredible rate of price change.

Well if people wouldn't spleep them...

• @VirMach said:
    This has been upped to 20GB.

Is it just me or were all offers today a max of 20GB as well?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@randomq said:

@jbiloh said:

What does spleep mean?

• @jbiloh said:
    What does spleep mean?

It's a highly toxic botulism of a sort. The die hard idlers amongst us don't sleep whilst the Virbot is running lest you miss out on some legendary 777 888 deal. So you sleep and peep (at the bot either directly or via one of more handy-with-history scrapers like https://virmach.fat32.top/ (courtesy @FAT32).

So instead of you snooze you loose, you spleep (sleep + peep) and you win!

@VirMach - once upon a time your threads were legendary for the various bits and pieces you used to hide. It was the thrill of finding that made the deals valuable.

Where art Thou?

• Let’s have some legendary packages, sir, I haven’t closed my eyes for a few days @VirMach

• @nullnothere said:
    Where art Thou?

Hidden in the spleepiness.

Thanked by 2nullnothere randomq
  • @VirMach said: We're going to be shipping San Jose next for Ryzen and it SHOULD be getting there sooner since we're closer to it. Since it's such a popular location for these type of lower-end deals I'll also see about building a "beta" Threadripper/Epyc server for that location but no promises as that's not considered a "main" location we offer right now. If that happens though that would mean it could make an appearance on some sale sometime soon-ish. Huge disclaimer, I'm still using this thread to say stuff less "officially" so expect everything I just said to never happen or at least run into dozens of issues.

I did manage to grab the last San Jose deal, alas with only a 15GB disk but preliminary testing shows it is a good one. :cookie:

If the Epyc server beta happens sometime soon-ish count me in. Of course I would not expect me to :rage: or stomp my feet if it does not happen because sometimes thing happen that you don't expect to happen, even if maybe you should have expected something to happen, but you could not really know to what degree it would happen, or exactly where and when it would happen, until it actually did happen. So I'm cool with whatever happens, even if it does not happen soon-ish, or ever happen at all.

Thanked by 1skorous

@randomq said:

@jbiloh said:

Don't worry, we have unspleeping technology at VirMach®

@FrankZ said:

@VirMach said: We're going to be shipping San Jose next for Ryzen and it SHOULD be getting there sooner since we're closer to it. Since it's such a popular location for these type of lower-end deals I'll also see about building a "beta" Threadripper/Epyc server for that location but no promises as that's not considered a "main" location we offer right now. If that happens though that would mean it could make an appearance on some sale sometime soon-ish. Huge disclaimer, I'm still using this thread to say stuff less "officially" so expect everything I just said to never happen or at least run into dozens of issues.

I did manage to grab the last San Jose deal, alas with only a 15GB disk but preliminary testing shows it is a good one. :cookie:

If the Epyc server beta happens sometime soon-ish count me in. Of course I would not expect me to :rage: or stomp my feet if it does not happen because sometimes thing happen that you don't expect to happen, even if maybe you should have expected something to happen, but you could not really know to what degree it would happen, or exactly where and when it would happen, until it actually did happen. So I'm cool with whatever happens, even if it does not happen soon-ish, or ever happen at all.

What specs and pricing were you looking for if it happens?

Thanked by 3FAT32 Ganonk FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

What specs and pricing were you looking for if it happens?

nice <3 we love it B)

• @VirMach said: What specs and pricing were you looking for if it happens?

2 cores, 2-3GB RAM, 20-30GB Disk, 1TB transfer @ the best price :)

• $15/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    1536MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    60GB SSD (RAID 10)
    3000GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Gone fast!

• 20 TB BW is insane...

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @yoursunny said:
    I currently have:

NY10GKVM96
    1 core
    384MB RAM
    22GB SSD
    100GB monthly transfer
    $4.00/year

LA10GKVM17
    2 cores
    1920MB RAM
    45GB SSD
    1000GB monthly transfer
    $8.88/year

I haven't seen anything better this week.

@chocolateshirt said:
    20 TB BW is insane...

Dedicated server is only 10TB/month.

• codelockcodelock Member
    edited September 2021

I just love how 25gb is minimum disk space now

Good bye my 5usd/year deals

Btw, keep all the special deals for black friday and make it special