Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 309
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• LOL. Got rate limited.

• @imok said:
    LOL. Got rate limited.

Pace yourself.

• Lol

• Hey @imok, that's cheating! :lol:

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

So any biggerestest boysss

People start bashing @VirMach again today after being forcefully charged for invoices created after 12/4, I am pretty sure VirMach have tons of chargebacks to deal with every day :(

Some of the comments include VirMach is being too strict on TOS, VirMach is too greedy to charge all the fees, VirMach is too disgusting for requesting selfie, VirMach should just mind their own business but not creating all kinds of nonsense to disallow transfers or changing of email, and so on. In short, they think they are always right.

If I have the chance I will slap all of them in their face in real life, what kind of big babies are they? To get things right, they are the one being too picky, too greedy and disgusting instead.

During the heated arguments yesterday, I got scold being a crossbreed (because I speak both English and Chinese) and also being a dog for VirMach. When someone failed to brings up logical points, all they are left are just personal attacks.

Thanked by 1imok
  • Damn, those hostloc people are toxic

Oh and there's also rumours saying that the real reason VirMach disallow changing of emails or transfers are to prevent from all VPS being utilised. With this in mind, VirMach can oversell a lot more than they could.

I am like... WTF?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2019

or maybe, please bear with me, people could stop buying those for resell?!

@FAT32 don't try to hard there, seems like lost cause and totally wrong mind-set. Also be strong, don't take too personally shit they talk about you, they just mad because of few dollores.

Thanked by 3FAT32 FrankZ imok
  • donlidonli Member
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 said:
    Oh and there's also rumours saying that the real reason VirMach disallow changing of emails or transfers are to prevent from all VPS being utilised. With this in mind, VirMach can oversell a lot more than they could.

I am like... WTF?

There's some truth to the argument that transferring changes utilization (VirMach themselves noted that VPS usage changes when VPSs get transferred).

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

idling intensifies

Thanked by 3FAT32 FrankZ imok
  • Thanked by 1uptime
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@donli said:

@FAT32 said:

I am like... WTF?

There's some truth to the argument that transferring changes utilization (VirMach themselves noted that VPS usage changes when VPSs get transferred).

The problem is that if a large majority of these initial purchases are not being utilized, and then they get utilized, the servers could fill unevenly.

We are fine with people utilizing it, but it's more difficult to properly and efficiently fill nodes very specifically (the nature of the flash deals) if the calculations end up varying widely. Right now it's not a big problem, however, it could be moving forward. Anyway, this has nothing to do with any transfer requirements. Those have been in place before this ever became a potential issue. The e-mail change thing? We noticed it more recently and decided to finally take action when there we clearly a hundred plus requests of everyone doing it together and putting a weird/bad reason, with many being marked as potential multiple accounts or potentially hacked. The initial request for the e-mail change lock-off was just security. Some people had really bad passwords, and people were attacking our site trying to get into them.

Thanked by 1JabJab
  • Thanked by 2uptime imok
  • I woke up... it is 04:18am... so good morning

Good morning!!!

• Thanks Fat32 - I'm now going to eat dinner... or is it lunch.. never quite sure... I kinda forgot to eat yesterday, again.

• @ZA_capetown said:
    Thanks Fat32 - I'm now going to eat dinner... or is it lunch.. never quite sure... I kinda forgot to eat yesterday, again.

How do you forget to eat?

• imokimok Member
    edited December 2019

You didn't forget to eat. You chose not to eat.

French fries?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • lol @ french fries... no unfortunately no french fries ;D

re: how do I forget... well, see.. I still plan to eat... but don't keep track of time... and think I'll eat in a bit.. but then at some point I accidentally fall asleep, without having eaten...

I guess it doesn't help that I'm on my bed and that my PC is right next to my bed

• I usually think that I'm just going to "rest my eyes" for a bit... but then ZzzZzzZzZzzz

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Finally pull my $12 one back, just notice there's 4 IPs, 4 GB RAM and 1TB bandwidth. I'd love that!, Thanks @VirMach.

@donli said:

How do you forget to eat?

Why should we remember to eat? I believe the best moment eating is not 12PM or 6PM, instead, when you feel hungry, start eating, otherwise don't.

• Ok, microwave went PING let me eat

• /me PONG replies

• @dTQzBen8 said:
    Finally pull my $12 one back, just notice there's 4 IPs, 4 GB RAM and 1TB bandwidth. I'd love that!, Thanks @VirMach.

Yes I got that $12 one as well!
    One of my prize snatches, along with the R2 and R3.99 ones

@dTQzBen8 said:
    Why should we remember to eat? I believe the best moment eating is not 12PM or 6PM, instead, when you feel hungry, start eating, otherwise don't.

Well see... for over the last year, I kinda 'retrained' myself to only eat once a day... my own version of intermittent fasting kinda thing...

I lost over 30kg in about 10 months... part of it is to not really register the normal "feeling hungry" signals... so that contributes to kinda forgetting to eat some days...

Thanked by 1dTQzBen8
  • oops.. $2 and $3.99 ... not ZAR.. I'm clearly not fully awake yet

edited December 2019

How can you guys get all those 2 / 3.99 / 12 :o

• Also... I got the $5.02 one! ducks

I was also surprised at how lucky I was this year... that's how I ended up buying 9x US VPSs when I only intended to buy 1 or 2 EU ones ;)

• @FAT32 said:
    How can you guys get all those 2 / 3.99 / 12 :o

They are well-trained bots; we're human.

Thanked by 2ZA_capetown FAT32