Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 308
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• Nice thing that this BF there was no EU deals, so I saved some money, but hopefully there will be some during Christmas.

• @oriend said:
    Nice thing that this BF there was no EU deals, so I saved some money, but hopefully there will be some during Christmas.

You are not ready for that.

• imokimok Member
    edited December 2019

Is Christmas a great thing for you nowadays?

• Not sure.

• Are we there yet?

• @alilet said:
    Are we there yet?

Thanked by 3alilet FrankZ uptime
  • I picked up some hosthatch this year, since VirMach was out of stock. Not the same killer deals, but the cool thing about them is they don't have a restrictive AUP. Can't wait to fire up stuff on my Zurich box. But I'm still looking forward to VirMach's EU Christmas Spectacular! ;)

• @randomq said:
    I picked up some hosthatch this year, since VirMach was out of stock. Not the same killer deals, but the cool thing about them is they don't have a restrictive AUP. Can't wait to fire up stuff on my Zurich box. But I'm still looking forward to VirMach's EU Christmas Spectacular! ;)

I have HostHatch because of the NVMe.

• @FAT32 any more clues for the eggs? We need to find the 100% one for flash sales (just for sport!) and the SSD32GB (or we got them all? :D)

• @uptime said:
    it occurs to me that resizing the filesystem may be unnecessary if you're just going to install a new OS on the /dev/vda1 partition anyway - but just in case you want to know how to preserve an existing filesystem, the procedure detailed above is how you would do that.

@plumberg - let me know if any questions, and if the swap partition helps at all with your install from ISO on a 128 MB ram agenda.

Also should note that you'll probably want to set swappiness to 0 or disable swap altogether after you're done with the install - so as not to run into problems with excessive disk i/o due to using the swap so much.

This is awesome. I will try to work on that later and share my results. Thanks a bunch!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I'm bored and we almost reach page 200.

• We can only be bored after we reach page 200 :open_mouth:

• Ok I will look for a story to tell you...

• Or should I continue the poem?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Really I don't know what to do.

BTW, I was awakened by a rooster too early today.

Who the fuck has got a rooster in the city?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@FAT32 said:
    I tried my best to explain things to the Chinese community to reduce the conflicts but I am getting a bit exhausted after looking at their responses. It is just ridiculous.

That's why we can't have nice things. People just want to request for more and never satisfied with things.

At least find me one, just one provider that is cheaper than VirMach's BF sales, I would say NO ONE can match this, at least the price.

I should get a life instead because things are getting worse. I previously planned to help lots of LET providers to get on board to Chinese community but the amount of disasters make me wonder if it is worth it or not.

I am not a PR guy, just a typical guy who do coding.

There's no incentive for us to do any PR regarding the matter. Everyone upset would be someone who is causing problems. We already tried making the transfer process easier. Anyone that has the option should be closing their e-mail change request and contacting anyone they purchased the package from to do a proper transfer.

They don't realize that some of these resellers are breaching our ToS when purchasing these, and if they transfer the account improperly there's no protection from that. Yes, I could just look the other way and process the e-mail requests and make those people happy.

But what are we supposed to do when we see someone made 10 accounts on the same IP? If those get transferred off later, to us that's still the same person that bought all those. If one account gets flagged for a high level of abuse, all of those might get mass suspended. If we get a subpoena/warrant, all of those accounts are going to be associated with it when we run a query. If someone is reselling accounts, chances are they are also registering an affiliate account to make an extra 10% and guess what happens when we reject his affiliate payout, and notice all the accounts he self-referred? People don't realize what terrible situation they may be creating for themselves. We can try to make our proper processes easier, but there are many reasons we do things the way we do them.

moni099878 said: Does the additional bandwidth apply to flash sale services?

https://virmach.com/terms-conditions/#tab2

Unfortunately not. We do make exceptions here and there, but there are two main reasons we do not allow additions.

• No one wants to pay the normal price or setup fee.
    • Some nodes are specifically filled and don't have those resources available.
    Thanked by 2FAT32 moni099878
  • Ok

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@imok said:

In the 1990's I lived in Manhattan. Every Saturday morning I would walk up to East Harlem along 2nd Avenue - and somewhere on the way to 110th street I would pass by a vacant lot with a few roosters strutting around in it. :open_mouth:

now I'm living in the SF bay area. Some friends of mine keep chickens in their backyard on Adeline Street in East Oakland - egg laying hens, no roosters though. And not too far away on Nelson Mandela Drive there is another vacant lot with a couple badass goats hanging out. Maybe some chickens too, or geese - I forget.

and there are some honest-to-god buffaloe in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park (just a few - they belong to the zoo - but the zoo is somewhere else). Also magic mushrooms grow wild around there this time of year. This can make for an interesting coincidental combination ...

:sunglasses:

Thanked by 1imok
  • imokimok Member
    edited December 2019

In 2021, I hope to visit the Golden Gate while listening Everywhere you look.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

imok said: BTW, I was awakened by a rooster too early today.

Slightly better than a car alarm.

Thanked by 3uptime FAT32 imok
  • Yes.

• V

• I

• R

• M

• A

• C

• H

• Spam but allowed because virmach