Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 286
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• dTQzBen8dTQzBen8 Member
    edited December 2019

@JabJab said:
    Numbers are the keys to universe!

It's 42! (not a clue, just for fun)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • "90% off recurring* flash sales" would be da bomb, but I have no time to hunt unfortunately. Just wanted to help with pushing this thread to 200 pages and say good luck to my OG Virmach dudes.

Thanked by 3FrankZ uptime randomq
  • @FrankZ said:

Still looking but have yet to find the 70% off 1GB.

A clue was given about it earlier actually; something to do with Buffalo! ;)

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

90% off recurring SSD512 is fully claimed now.

Thanked by 3Chronic uptime FrankZ
  • FAT32 said: 90% off recurring SSD512 is fully claimed now.

Can you tell us where it was, given that it's claimed?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2019

TheWizard said: A clue was given about it earlier actually; something to do with Buffalo!

Thanks, I saw that, and have been looking at buffaloes for the last few hours :) without success, yet.

• There's a reason why @FAT32 didn't put anything under the "Thread" column for the "50% off recurring KVM Lite". It's because the easter egg is located in both threads!

And oh, you shouldn't inspect just the content of the posts itself; easter eggs could be anywhere where a user can customize its content :wink:

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Aye those buffaloe have been run ragged - but at least the billing server is not on fire any more ...

Thanked by 1FrankZ

Sure, explanation for 3 of the eggs

90% off recurring SSD512

1. Go to this comment: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3061019#Comment_3061019
    2. There are lots of coupon codes there by hovering on the dots symbol, but only one of them is real
    3. The real one is the last dot in the 4th line: EASTEREGG312019201 (Trial and error)
    4. Reading other lines will give you hint on how to use it (SSD512 on 2nd line, Annual on 6th line)

80% off recurring SSD8G

1. Go to this comment: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3061013/#Comment_3061013
    2. The "here" is actually a link to order SSD8G, but the coupon code is incomplete because it is just ".gif"
    3. Click on "show previous quotes" to show the GIF of 2 eggs that I posted earlier
    4. The file name of the GIF is the complete coupon code: TGWn.gif

100% off first year KVM Lite

1. Go to this comment: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3060496/#Comment_3060496
    2. Open the math paper named "Stability in Commutative Combinatorics"
    3. Noticed that the author is Syed Ahmed, this suggest there's something wrong with this file. In case you don't know, Syed Ahmed is one of the main staff in VirMach
    4. Read page 8 under Conclusion section, there's a "Conjecture 8.3" which gives you the coupon code: BF2019FULLKVMLITEFIRSTYEAR
    5. In case this is too hard, me and @uptime actually created fake conversations that hinted quite a lot
  • FAT32 said: Just to prevent you guys from spending too much time, that random colorful puzzle is from 2018.

The promotion code entered has already been used
    Did I find the wrong puzzle?

@moni099878 said:

What I mean is that puzzle is NOT this year's egg.

• Damn. Thought I had to do something with the numbers. You win some, you lose some.

• Sorry, I misunderstood.

edited December 2019

@FAT32 said:
    Sure, explanation for 3 of the eggs

Well placed. Only got last one but happy with that.

@FAT32 said:

@moni099878 said:

What I mean is that puzzle is NOT this year's egg.

Don't you say random color thing and page 27~30? I thought that's it?

edited December 2019

@dTQzBen8 said:
    Don't you say random color thing and page 27~30? I thought that's it?

This is the hints for one of the eggs that is still valid:

1. Find a text / image / link that is not what it supposed to be.
    2. It is in page 27-30
    3. It is NOT the colorful puzzle
    Thanked by 1dTQzBen8
  • @FAT32 said:
    This is hint for one of the eggs that is still valid:

1. Find a text / image / link that is not what it supposed to be.
    2. It is in page 27-30
    3. It is NOT the colorful puzzle

OK that's clear. Power up and go searching. :smiley:

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • bakagetabakageta Member
    edited December 2019

@geo said:
    Ugh, what do all these numbers mean?

Right? I feel so lost, and then so dumb that it was just trial and error of those all.

• FAT32 said: Sure, explanation for 3 of the eggs

Nice job hiding the eggs.

Thanked by 2FAT32 uptime
    edited December 2019

@FrankZ said:
    Nice job hiding the eggs.

The credit should goes to @VirMach because the first 2 is hide by him

Thanked by 2FrankZ uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 instructions unclear - buffaloe stuck in billing server. Please advice!

I am curious to know how many people got the 100% off first year KVM Lite. I feel fortunate to have been pointed to read that paper - I didn't realize it was an easter egg at first, just some very confusing math, which I spent a little bit of time trying to research - because I am curious to understand interesting concepts such as "Reimannian prime" ... But when I searched on the web on that term, and the search engine suggested "Reimannian prime rib" I was a bit puzzled but still not fully aware that the supposed paper really was just a bunch of pseudo-mathematical buzzwords!

I did notice the first author's name ... so I kept going to see if it got better - just skimmed it quickly and then just skipped to the end (as I often do when trying to understand a paper, it sometimes helps to first read the conclusion, references, appendix and then go back to the beginning with some better sense of direction, so as not to get too bogged down in details from the start) ... AND THEN I SAW IT! IT WAS SO AWESOME MY FIRST EASTER EGG! IT WAS REAL AND IT WAS MAGNIFICENT! :scream:

thanks for that experience @FAT32 - very much appreciate how you put that one together! And that free for a year KVM Lite is pretty nice too, so thanks very much for that one @VirMach for serving up the good stuff :)

• FAT32 said: This is the hints for one of the eggs that is still valid:

Find a text / image / link that is not what it supposed to be.

It is in page 27-30
    It is NOT the colorful puzzle

Found it. 100%one time off for flash sale.

Thanked by 2uptime FAT32
  • @bakageta said:

@geo said:
    Ugh, what do all these numbers mean?

Right? I feel so lost, and then so dumb that it was just trial and error of those all.

Ahh yeah the shameful defeat I felt. 🤣

• FAT32 said: Seriously tho, the first 2 is hide by @VirMach

Ha, I should have known, they were pretty devious hides.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2019

moni099878 said: Found it. 100%one time off for flash sale.

Well that's a winner !!

uptime said: I am curious to know how many people got the 100% off first year KVM Lite.

I was lucky enough to get one, great deal :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I need sleep😪...

Thanked by 1uptime
    edited December 2019

@moni099878 said:

FAT32 said: This is the hints for one of the eggs that is still valid:

Find a text / image / link that is not what it supposed to be.

It is in page 27-30
    It is NOT the colorful puzzle

Found it. 100%one time off for flash sale.

Wow so fast. I searched a time and still find nothing. I'm so stupid. :(

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • dribblerdribbler Member
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 said:
    3. Read page 8 under Conclusion section, there's a "Conjecture 8.3" which gives you the coupon code: BF2019FULLKVMLITEFIRSTYEAR

Here's a tip for the next time you need to mix text and math in LaTeX. Use \mathrm or \mathit like this $$\mathrm{BF2019FULLKVMLITEFIRSTYEAR}$$. Not doing this gives you math spacing around each character and thus the spaced out look for that code. Further links to learn more here.

Thanks for the great eggs!

Thanked by 3uptime FAT32 plumberg
  • OK check it 5 times and still nothing. Cats? Buffalos? Helmet? Trash? Going to have a meal as I'm hungry.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • To 200 and beyond!