Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 269
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 - thanks!

and back at you bro: http://scpd.stanford.edu/free-stuff/live-webinars-lectures/donald-knuths-25th-annual-christmas-lecture

I suspect you will very much enjoy this fresh exploration of variations on a classic theme:

The number π appears thousands of times in The Art of Computer Programming, in many different contexts. Dr. I. J. Matrix has remarked that its digits, “when properly interpreted,” actually convey the entire history of the human race! [See page 41 of Volume 2.] This lecture will examine many interpretations of those digits, both proper and improper.

EDIT2: replaced with link to the video

Thanked by 2FAT32 saibal
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@uptime He is such a legend. I am still watching half way and surprised to see that π is almost everywhere and it is beautiful :)

I am not sure if you read my combinatorics paper in details, but there's some important points in the last few pages.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 Knuth is insane. Also seems to enjoy playing with pi ... :) btw I think Volume 5 of "The Art of Computer Programming" came out recently

As for the stability of commutative combinatorics - I dunno bro, that's a lot of food for though for me to try to digest while all those buffaloe are still on the loose!

wtf even is a Reimannian prime anyway? Search engine suggests Reimannian prime rib - I'm not sure I want to go down that rabbit hole right now

Thanked by 1FAT32
    edited December 2019

@uptime said:
    As for the stability of commutative combinatorics - I dunno bro, that's a lot of food for though for me to try to digest while all those buffaloe are still on the loose!

Not only Buffalo, maybe I am hungry now but Pi actually reminds me of some oval or round object that is nice to eat, especially during breakfast.

Thanked by 2uptime pullangcubo
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 - I dunno bro, is an oval pi some sort of Sporean thing or ... what am I missing here?

EDIT2: I like pie. Pie is good for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I probably ate 5 different pies last week. :)

Thanked by 1FAT32

@uptime said:
    FAT32 - I dunno bro, is an oval pi some sort of Sporean thing or ... what am I missing here?

It is worldwide available, "oval or round object" is something white and yellow when cooked. I think I smell it somewhere in this thread.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 dude I am starting to get concerned ... did you get enough sleep yet? It's important to sleep at least a few hours several times a week - otherwise your brains might get fried ... or at least a bit scrambled

what's the deal with that commutative combinatorics paper anyway? Seems like they're just dropping a lot of names. (And I think Ramanujan was just a bit over-rated anyway, but that's another story)

Maybe @ben47955 would be able to shed some light on all this ...

EDIT2: "A canonical manifold acting co-partially on a quasi-orthogonal Hamilton space is a point if it is freely surjective."

Really? What is that supposed to mean anyway? It's not even wrong! I suppose next thing someone will be trying to convince the world that a monad s just a monoid in the category of endofunctors or something. Give me a break!

Thanked by 2FAT32 pullangcubo
  • saibal said: they deliberately have some unacceptable characters in their auto hostname list

When the auto hostname snippet fails for some reason, I found the value of hostname field was "-VM" and it was complaining but I was able to edit the field directly and go through to the cart.

Thanked by 1uptime

@scorcher9 said:
    When the auto hostname snippet fails for some reason, I found the value of hostname field was "-VM" and it was complaining but I was able to edit the field directly and go through to the cart.

Yup, but I am still in the 502/503 phase LOL. For anyone that need it, you can open console and input this:

document.getElementById('serverhostname').value = 'SomeRandomName-VM';

I haven't try putting it as Bookmark but it might work too

Thanked by 1TheWizard
  • @scorcher9 well that's all well and good (and actually very useful to know, thank you!) ... but my present focus at the moment here for some reason seems to involve the computation of stochastic, countably Riemannian primes.

I wonder if @imok or @donli might know anything about this stuff.

Maybe @JabJab would like to take a stab at it?

@eol may be EOL, but @pulangcubo has been around recently

@randomq ...?

@alilet ...?

@MasonR @plumberg @muffin please advice!

@oriend @ZA_capetown ... anyone? anyone? Bueller?

yeah, that's right - I'm talking about the question of whether there exists a semi-Riemannian trivial, null subgroup

It's just a simple matter of stability in commutative combinatorics, for crying out loud! :scream:

• FAT32 said: For anyone that need it, you can open console and input this:
    document.getElementById('serverhostname').value = 'SomeRandomName-VM';

Or maybe something random?

document.getElementById('serverhostname').value = Math.random().toString(36).substring(2).toUpperCase() + '-VM';

@scorcher9 said:

document.getElementById('serverhostname').value = Math.random().toString(36).substring(2).toUpperCase() + '-VM';

That works too. Does WHMCS check for duplicated hostname and reject?

• uptime said: well that's all well and good (and actually very useful to know, thank you!) ... but my present focus at the moment here for some reason seems to involve the computation of stochastic, countably Riemannian primes.

You are welcome and about the other thing... yyeeaahh I lost you at computation :neutral:

Thanked by 2FAT32 uptime
  • @uptime said:
    @FAT32 dude I am starting to get concerned ... did you get enough sleep yet? It's important to sleep at least a few hours several times a week - otherwise your brains might get fried ... or at least a bit scrambled

what's the deal with that commutative combinatorics paper anyway? Seems like they're just dropping a lot of names. (And I think Ramanujan was just a bit over-rated anyway, but that's another story)

Maybe @ben47955 would be able to shed some light on all this ...

EDIT2: "A canonical manifold acting co-partially on a quasi-orthogonal Hamilton space is a point if it is freely surjective."

Really? What is that supposed to mean anyway? It's not even wrong! I suppose next thing someone will be trying to convince the world that a monad s just a monoid in the category of endofunctors or something. Give me a break!

Oh man, my brain is already fried and I still have three exam to come from Monday to Wednesday. I'm about to call the police because University try to rape me.

Thanked by 2FAT32 uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

indubitably, to be sure

but please be aware: fartmother is walking all the way to Buffaloe today ...

EDIT2: and good luck with your exams. After a certain point maybe better to sleep than to study. But that point is probably not quite yet I guess - better study while you can :)

• @uptime Just sleep it over and it'll solve by itself when you wake up. Be weird sometimes and find surprises in life.

Seriously, I was half sleep earlier; I had a rude but exciting awakening because of that stuff :smiley:

Thanked by 2FAT32 uptime
  • @FAT32 said:

@scorcher9 said:

That works too. Does WHMCS check for duplicated hostname and reject?

Don't quote me here, but I think it does. I remember getting an error earlier about a hostname being used already, althought I'm not sure if it's indeed a check for duplicates or because of another error.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Good Morning!

uptime said: Riemannian primes

Riemannian primes are obviously an elaborate plot from the PPP (Patriarchal Potassium Party) to hide the fact that hidden deep within π is the sequence of numbers that unlock inner harmony and peace. Such as the mighty Buffaloe. Buffaloe have it figured out.

Actually... maybe it's the Buffaloes! Maybe they are the ones behind Riemannian primes! They are distracting us with these ostentatious numbers so that we never find eternal harmony as they have. Probably as revenge for years of slaughter and near driving them extinct.

And that's all for did he lose his mind or did he drop acid?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

MasonR said: did he lose his mind or did he drop acid?

yes, but ... have you tried the Reimannian prime rib?

It is sublime.

Thing is though - if Kovalevskaya’s criterion applies then there exists a sub-meager, hyperbolic and measurable manifold.

(Checkmate atheists!) :scream:

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @FAT32 That paper reads like one of those AI generated fakes.

Something I discovered after school is that very smart people are often terrible at teaching and communication. Ultimately almost everything I had learned had been through my own experience, trial and error.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @FAT32 the easter egg that you all talking about is -50% recurring, right? :D

Thanked by 2FAT32 Chronic
  • Don't have time to track eggs, but feel free to pm if you are kind.

• I never find eggs. A hazard of being mostly vegetarian.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @FAT32 I am following the trail...

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @randomq said:
    @FAT32 I am following the trail...

What trail...

• Hi! Did I miss something?

• @FZhang said:

@randomq said:
    @FAT32 I am following the trail...

What trail...

Apparantly you need to follow buffalo droppings somewhere.

• Too bad it's a beer friday at the office...

• @FAT32 I think I found the Easter Egg... but I don't find it worthwhile to use?

Is it the coupon code with certain percentage discount on certain standard package?

'Cause with the coupon it's still more expensive than some of the eqv SDD size and RAM flash deals were? :/ And less 'value for money' than the 7 VPS's I already have.

Or am I missing something?

Or is there another one that gives something for FREE? ;)

Thanked by 2FAT32 alilet
  • You talking about a 50% off coupon?