Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Avoid 365NAP. Yet another Joshua Prout Scam - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Avoid 365NAP. Yet another Joshua Prout Scam

14567810»

Comments

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@angstrom said:

@AlienData_Josh said:
    Being this dude popped up on the front page again. He needs to get out of Texas. Let alone have the same first name as me. This paints a bad light for anyone name Josh and let alone lives around the Houston area. That dude makes my blood boil. Has anyone else noticed if he is up to any "new" shenanigans?

Congrats on your third comment

(Joshua, is that you?)

While technically my name is Joshua. I pefer to go by Josh. BUT theres quite a difference between me and this numnuts.

• That's something he would say.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@imok said:
    That's something he would say.

Welp captain. I don't know what to tell you.
    For those of you that had went to the cPanel conference(2018
    ) and the Webpros (2019) conference knows who I am.

Thanked by 1imok
  • Gohan472Gohan472 Member
    edited February 2020

I wanted to say thank you all for the hard detective work.

Back in June of 2019 I was shopping around for Colo deals in Houston/Dallas, and got referred to Chad Hguary at ICX Realty Trust. The deal was pretty good. 23U @ $350/mo or 47U @ $500/mo

Lucky for me, I did not need the colo. (As i was just shopping around)
    Dodged a bullet there! :smiley:

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @Gohan472 said:

Congrats on your first comment

(Joshua, is that you?)

Thanked by 1Gohan472
  • @angstrom said:

@Gohan472 said:

Congrats on your first comment

(Joshua, is that you?)

Lmao, I havent been back to LET since Woothosting was bought by AlphaRacks and then subsequently shutdown. However, I did come across this thread on Google after I started research Houston Colo deals again.
    As stated "Thanks for the effort in exposing this POS" :smiley:

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

AlienData_Josh said: Being this dude popped up on the front page again. He needs to get out of Texas. Let alone have the same first name as me. This paints a bad light for anyone name Josh and let alone lives around the Houston area. That dude makes my blood boil. Has anyone else noticed if he is up to any "new" shenanigans?

Keeping our eyes out for the next one. It's probably already in motion we just haven't found it yet.

For anyone who didn't read the other thread and is immediately freaked out by @AlienData_Josh, being a Josh from Houston, 100% confirmed not Prout. If you've been with us through this drama you know I don't say that without confirmation.

• @MasonR said:
    Thanks to @Cryptonite for alerting us of this via LET's Discord...

Joshua Prout is at it again with his latest scam, called 365NAP. Similar to previous scams, he is selling colocation services and stealing customer equipment. This time he has targeted Obelisk crypto miners. You can view the whole story at the Reddit link below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ObeliskHQ/comments/9p9szf/big_concerns_365nap_colo_hosting_obelisk_miners/

As always, be careful out there and make sure you are sending your gear to reliable and well-established colo-providers. Below is more information on Joshua Prout should you require additional character background.

This dude is scamming again. I found this website googling him. Anyone able to help me out? It's a website called TechInsured dot net. Links back to a JP Capital LLC owned by him. He's trying to sell graphics cards on FB market.

Thanked by 1jar
    edited September 2021

The only advice I can offer is illegal in every state, every country. When the law won't help you can either give up or become the law. The law doesn't like vigilantes. I do, but I like my freedom more.

Houston area police are stretched thin and it's a fairly lawless area. They really only exist to take statements and make arrests after a situation is finished. The DA's office I'm guessing found the situation too difficult to understand and file charges for.

Thanked by 2BlaZe dahartigan
  • @jar said:
    The only advice I can offer is illegal in every state, every country. When the law won't help you can either give up or become the law. The law doesn't like vigilantes. I do, but I like my freedom more.

Houston area police are stretched thin and it's a fairly lawless area. They really only exist to take statements and make arrests after a situation is finished. The DA's office I'm guessing found the situation too difficult to understand and file charges for.

Super unfortunate. Maybe this new scam will be big enough. It's pretty smart, really. You search for a graphics card on Facebook marketplace. His ad pops up and if you click it, it opens fb messenger, which automatically alerts them and they reply to you even if you don't send a message. Very polite, etc, and they link you to the techinsured website. Then you have to register to purchase, etc. Looking closely at the website there are many flaws, and techinsured isn't even a real LLC. Funny enough, a little more digging through websites and Facebook, I was able to find his real name. He also has fake accounts that reviewed techinsured on Facebook to look legit in 2020. With how hot the graphics card thing is right now, he's probably making an absolute killing and most people won't dig this far. Hopefully someone can see this and not get scammed.

I totally understand the law thing man, I live in a state that's very against cops and it's sad. Lots of people are taking the law into their own hands. And I don't blame them. They have my full support, and I hope I don't have to go down that route one day.

• Texas is usually a get the job done yourself state. Having to depend on the law has never been a form of getting things done. Especially with the Houston DA now they pretty much just drink coffee and write reports.

• @TGT said:
    Texas is usually a get the job done yourself state.

Wow, that explains the recent abortion law changes in Texas. Texans do it to themselves at home instead of by a trained medical Doctor.

• @TimboJones said:

@TGT said:

Wow, that explains the recent abortion law changes in Texas. Texans do it to themselves at home instead of by a trained medical Doctor.

Cletus don't want daddy knowing he done got his sister pregnant

• @dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@TGT said:

...again.

• @TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@TGT said:

...again.

Daddy got real mad last time, only daddy can fuck with Kandy.

• @dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@TGT said:

...again.

You're thinking of Alabama, sir.

Thanked by 2dahartigan bulbasaur
  • @NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@TGT said:

...again.

I imagine Alabama and Texas to be similar, but I can say that from the relative safety of my keyboard ;)

• @dahartigan said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@TGT said:

...again.

I imagine Alabama and Texas to be similar, but I can say that from the relative safety of my keyboard ;)

Alabama is in a league of its own ;-)

• @NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@TGT said:

...again.

Alabama is in a league of its own ;-)

They both have their "peculiarities" haha

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting

@dahartigan said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@TGT said:

...again.

Ew. As a native Texan the only thing I'll do in Alabama is press the gas harder to get out as fast as I can.

• @jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@TGT said:

...again.

Ew. As a native Texan the only thing I'll do in Alabama is press the gas harder to get out as fast as I can.

Been to both, and I fully 1000% agree.

Thanked by 1jar