Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner denied signup :( - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner denied signup :(

1235»

Comments

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

banxix said: However I think they should have more constructive information beforehand when they want a user to send them verification information. Like request those information in English or ask user to translate their ID card (as in first page they said they did not have international staff). This would not harm their non-transparent system I guess.

Thank you for this feedback. Our team will discuss this internally.

banxix said: They also ask me to send $20 by prepaid card or Paypal to confirm as the second method. I just don't know if this method is more efficient than ID card, and how long I would receive my money back if I will get rejected.

Yes, this is now an option that is available for people whose new accounts get flagged but do not want to send an ID or whose ID wasn't helpful for our team. I can ask my colleagues in the accounting team how long it takes us to process refunds.

--Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 2banxix uxtvdl
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

banxix said: and how long I would receive my money back if I will get rejected.

For PayPal, I can give you an approximate answer to this, and that is within 1-2 business days on our end. A few times a day, our support team in the accounting department communicates gives our product advice department (who approves new accounts) a list of customers who have sent the €20 for the pre-paid option.

If our team then does a manual check of the new orders (a few times a day - once a day), and notices something unusual, they will cancel the account and tell the accounting team immediately to issue a refund. If the customer decides they want to cancel the order and asks for a refund, the product advice team also passes this information on immediately. The accounting team then processes the refund in the same day usually. And then the process on PayPal's end should be very quick.

For other payment options (for example, a bank transfer), it will take longer. You can also send specific billing questions like this directly to our accounting team via Cloud Console once you have access to your account.

I hope that answer is helpful. --Katie, Marketing

• I had to send my ID 5 years ago. My account/info was deleted in the meantime and when I signed up recently no ID was required. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Chosen ones get IDed. Be grateful, mortals.

• Get reseller to buy auction server for you.

• @banxix said:
    I also get rejected after sending my ID. Maybe I'm from "risky" country in their list and my ID is not in English but I don't bother to ask because I know they would not response and like other people say, you should just move on because they are not the only hosting provider.

However I think they should have more constructive information beforehand when they want a user to send them verification information, like require those information in English or ask user to translate their ID card (as in first page they said they did not have international staff). This would not harm their non-transparent system I guess.

They also ask me to send $20 by prepaid card or Paypal to confirm as the second method. I just don't know if this method is more efficient than ID card, and how long I would receive my money back if I will get rejected.

It is a better option to prepaid the 20 EUR, that got me verified when I'd got no so-called international ID.

• i've created an account with Hetzner just a few years ago.. didnt even got asked to send in an ID or any other confirmation as far as i know..

Thanked by 1eol
  • @mksh said:
    So are you from a high risk country or not?

He's from Iran(the safest country in the world, definitely not high risk)

• @bingodingo said:
    @derank - Yeah, it definitely felt weird getting blocked - I have plenty of VPSs from other reputable providers here, and everything's fine and dandy. I'm from India, and I don't use a VPS or a VPN to signup.

It felt super weird knowing that I replied and didn't hear anything back for days so far except the automated rejected email.

That's the reason then. I've had multiple providers including Online which have asked me for ID or multiple IDs.

Wow, I said that? Interesting. Must have been drunk.

• @deank said:
    Wow, I said that? Interesting. Must have been drunk.

it's @derank not @deank

Hence the part "drunk".

• @Hetzner_OL

another friend with

After reviewing your updated customer information, we have decided to deactivate your account because of some concerns we have regarding this information. Therefore, we have cancelled all your existing products and orders with us.

Best regards

Your Hetzner Online Team

Hetzner Online GmbH

you should really review your policy

People don't really handle rejections well, do they.

No wonder breakups sometimes end up in shooting spree in America.

• @deank especially when we are talking about rejections of a EU citizen... witch even send ID... strange!

• @banxix said:
    I also get rejected after sending my ID. Maybe I'm from "risky" country in their list and my ID is not in English but I don't bother to ask because I know they would not response and like other people say, you should just move on because they are not the only hosting provider.

That can't be the reason. I'm from one of those risky third world countries and my ID is not in English as-well. I had no issue with Hetzner verification.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL

Yeah, why would girls dump their guys when they know them too well..., strange!

The end must be nigh.

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

There are a lot of good hosts . try digital ocean , linode maybe

• banxixbanxix Member
    edited January 2019

@roshan91 said:

@banxix said:

That can't be the reason. I'm from one of those risky third world countries and my ID is not in English as-well. I had no issue with Hetzner verification.

Don't ever make assumption because you don't trust whatever I'm saying and I don't even care to argue about that. They have several criterias in their filter and who knows why unless you have tried a lot to exploit.

I gave them my true ID and I didn't use proxy, it was my country IP. They rejected and I go away that's all.