Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner denied signup :(
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner denied signup :(

I was very excited to buy one of the servers from Hetzner's server auction and sent in my ID. Unfortunately, they rejected my account and when I requested as to what went wrong, I didn't hear anything from them - only the automated email.

Kinda bummed out - was also hoping to try their Cloud too but I guess, they just don't want my business?

Anyone else in a similar situation? Is there an alternative email to get an actual person respond instead of automated rejection emails?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Yeah, they don't want your business, nothing new. So wat.

If this is how you handle rejection, you have far bigger worries.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Hetzner never even asked me to verify, that’s how much of a liability they saw me as....

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited May 2018

Why bother us with you being denied by Hetzner? I am pretty sure Hetzner has their reasons to do so... Used your real name? Are you in a "high risk" country? If you really feel you are being harmed, why not DM @ Hetzner_OL (sorry Katie) ?

edited May 2018

Why bother tagging Hetzner.

Well, I will tag @teamacc for the heck of it. Send him your documents and he will see what he can do, OP.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • mkshmksh Member

I am more concerned with all the suggestions for death match around here lately.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • CdoeCdoe Member

Maybe they've found your post where you brag about pushing 11TB to google drive.

Thanked by 3netomx roshan91 eol
  • There are a lot of better host providers with a good network.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • teamaccteamacc Member

@deank said:
    Why bother tagging Hetzner.

Well, I will tag @teamacc for the heck of it. Send him your documents and he will see what he can do, OP.

Why are you tagging me on any hetzner-related thing... I don't even work in the hosting business.

• ariq01ariq01 Member

you may live chat on their site.. and ask did they denied you or maybe on process?

Thanked by 1bingodingo

Because OP is asking LET to help him. We need to make him an account on Hetzner for him or on his behalf.

• @deank said:

@deank said:
    Send him your documents and he will see what he can do, OP.

@deank said:
    Because OP is asking LET to help him. We need to make him an account on Hetzner for him or on his behalf.

You seem rather cruel and too sarcastic... and unfortunately you'll never get to claim @Nekki's spot. Terrible attempt though, I'd rate you 2 / 10.

Jokes aside, I didn't come here to cry but to let everyone know. I'm definitely butt-hurt that I can't have an idling Finland vps to go along with my collection.

@Cdoe said:
    Maybe they've found your post where you brag about pushing 11TB to google drive.

I don't need to brag, 12.5TB as of today. It's really easy to get there if you've got a bunch of video cameras recording shit 24/7 and you need to archive it somewhere. Thanks for the compliment!

@codetech12 said:
    There are a lot of better host providers with a good network.

Any recommendation for servers similar to their auction and of course, vps in Finland? That'd be helpful, thank you!

Thanked by 2NanoG6 Arthas

Hard to believe someone is actually butt-hurt over a simple business application rejection.

Well, each to their own arse.
    Having mumbled that, if you really want Hetnzer servers, there is a simple way: Submit docs they require truthfully and do not use vpn to sign up.

Unless you are from one of high risk countries (India, China, Russia etc), they will let you in.

Thanked by 1bingodingo
  • bingodingobingodingo Member
    edited May 2018

@derank - Yeah, it definitely felt weird getting blocked - I have plenty of VPSs from other reputable providers here, and everything's fine and dandy. I'm from India, and I don't use a VPS or a VPN to signup.

It felt super weird knowing that I replied and didn't hear anything back for days so far except the automated rejected email.

• mkshmksh Member
    edited May 2018

@bingodingo said:
    @derank - Yeah, it definitely felt weird getting blocked - I have plenty of VPSs from other reputable providers here, and everything's fine and dandy. I'm from India, and I don't use a VPS or a VPN to signup.

It felt super weird knowing that I replied and didn't hear anything back for days so far except the automated rejected email.

So are you from a high risk country or not?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@bingodingo said:

Not when you consider that you’ve probably been rejected with no chance of a different outcome. There’s no value in them continuing to communicate with someone who they will never have a business relationship with.

And, since they’re not going to spend anymore time on you, I suggest you spend no more time on them, ask for this thread to be locked and find another provider.

Thanked by 1bingodingo
  • saibalsaibal Member
    edited May 2018

@bingodingo
    There was another thread a few days ago where someone mentioned that they were able to sign up for Hetzner after sending their Indian government issued ids.

Edit: Linky

Nekki is making sense. The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • @bingodingo said:

@deank said:

@deank said:

@deank said:

You seem rather cruel and too sarcastic... and unfortunately you'll never get to claim @Nekki's spot. Terrible attempt though, I'd rate you 2 / 10.

Jokes aside, I didn't come here to cry but to let everyone know. I'm definitely butt-hurt that I can't have an idling Finland vps to go along with my collection.

@Cdoe said:

I don't need to brag, 12.5TB as of today. It's really easy to get there if you've got a bunch of video cameras recording shit 24/7 and you need to archive it somewhere. Thanks for the compliment!

@codetech12 said:

Any recommendation for servers similar to their auction and of course, vps in Finland? That'd be helpful, thank you!

Try Contabo and you can use a CDN like Cloudflare.

• mkshmksh Member

@codetech12 said:

@bingodingo said:

@deank said:

@deank said:

@deank said:

@Cdoe said:

@codetech12 said:

Try Contabo and you can use a CDN like Cloudflare.

Hetzner and Contabo shouldn't even be mentioned on the same planet.

Thanked by 2FHR eol
  • @mksh I don't get you. Can you please explain? Any hatred for contabo?

• mkshmksh Member

@codetech12 said:
    @mksh I don't get you. Can you please explain? Any hatred for contabo?

Aside from Hetzner being solid and Contabo not very much? Yes, quite a bit.

• @mksh said:

@codetech12 said:

About the uptime. Our servers with contabo have 100% uptime since about a month. Just a bit downtimes were there in January. But after that our servers never had any downtime.
    But the only thing is I think Contabo oversells CPU. On a 50GB RAM VPS about 8 gb ram is used an 100% CPU usage.

• mkshmksh Member

@codetech12 said:

@mksh said:

@codetech12 said:

About the uptime. Our servers with contabo have 100% uptime since about a month.

Wow...

Thanked by 3Cdoe brueggus eol

lol

100% uptime for "about" a month. Pure gold.

• mkshmksh Member
    edited May 2018

@deank said:
    lol

100% uptime for "about" a month. Pure gold.

Wait until someone tells him he is throttled by default then it'll also be "Got what i paid for since the time i raised a bunch of tickets".

• williewillie Member
    edited May 2018

There's not really a comparable alternative to Hetzner auction dedis unless you catch an OVH flash sale or Online.net occasional promo. So I have sympathy with the OP assuming that real info was provided and he or she sent in the requested passport scan and was still denied.

OP, did you do the above? Real info, sent ID or not asked for it, and applied with no VPN? Did you open a ticket with Hetzner's billing department and if yes, what is the ticket number? Did you wait a few business days for a response before complaining here on LET?

If you just want a super cheap NAT vps in Finland, @cam has them. Mine works nicely.

You could also look at worldstream.nl for other cheap dedis.

Thanked by 1Cam
  • TatsTats Member

@willie said:
    There's not really a comparable alternative to Hetzner auction dedis unless you catch an OVH flash sale or Online.net occasional promo. So I have sympathy with the OP assuming that real info was provided and he or she sent in the requested passport scan and was still denied.

OP, did you do the above? Real info, sent ID or not asked for it, and applied with no VPN? Did you open a ticket with Hetzner's billing department and if yes, what is the ticket number? Did you wait a few business days for a response before complaining here on LET?

If you just want a super cheap NAT vps in Finland, @cam has them. Mine works nicely.

You could also look at worldstream.nl for other cheap dedis.

Hetzner rejects accounts for no reason..I signed up from my home ip submitted all the documents they required correctly with all correct information and they still rejected my account without a reason and when I mailed their support they replied that they won't give me a reason why they rejected the account..I have no other option but to move to another provider since they are behaving shitty and banning users for no reason.

I suspect your country has something to do with it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Tats said:

Hetzner rejects accounts for no reason..

That is highly unlikely, as much as I find the idea of some form of approval roulette amusing.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Tats said: I have no other option but to move to another provider since they are behaving shitty and banning users for no reason.

Why do you behave as if you were once their customer?