Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing metaDedi - Dedicated comparison table - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Introducing metaDedi - Dedicated comparison table

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2018

If you have useful suggestions or feedback yes... but flooding the thread with useless stuff is not helpful.

Also, every currency that has been requested, which is not Crypto related has been added.

• wow plz!

• Add border to logo PLZ!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2018

@willie said:
    PLZ (Polish Zloty) plz!

It’s PLN not PLZ

Thanked by 2willie MrPsycho
  • When will be added requests?

• The currency requests have already been added.

• What about RUS?

• @mailinabox said:
    What about RUS?

Russian Ruble (RUB) has been added already.

edited September 2018

End of the week changes:

• added Translations in Russian https://novadedi.ru/ and Czech https://cz.novadedi.net/.
      The translations are not yet 100% done, if you like to help, let me know.

• added the new server side table, loads faster, especially on mobile devices
      If you find any sorting or search bugs let me know.

• added currency switch (CAD,EUR,GBP,HUF,NOK,PLN,RON,RUB,SEK,USD,VND)

• added https://www.mivocloud.com/
    • added AntiDDOS and SSD checkboxes

@Bakkra said:
    There is a way so I can see all the servers for a specific provider? I mean even the ones that are out of stock right now.

Has been added:

Additional, the history table will be connected later, to show more offers which where in stock, in the past and are not listed anymore from the provider.

@tr1cky said:
    An option to add Mwst. to the prices would be nice.

Well, yea taxes, taxes.
    Sadly, its a bit more complicated, for example if you living in Europe, you do not pay taxes for example to Canadian or American companies and so on.
    Some even do charge VAT as they should be, some not.

So it cannot be added to each price, otherwise a lot of prices will be incorrect.
    I need to see if I find a solution there.

• You made serverhunter 2!

• @mailinabox said:
    You made serverhunter 2!

No its the other way around

• Would love to see a maps integration in Novadedi too.

• Awesome! I really like developers that listen to their customers/users. I'm certain that you can go far with this project. Anyway, thank you for the currency feature. I'm requesting for MYR (Malaysian Ringgit) to be added - maybe you should just add all available currencies (except digital/crypto). An yeah, dark theme would be nice.

Dark theme is in progress, I will look into adding all currencies automatically.
    Also if you like to translate something for novaDedi: https://crowdin.com/project/novadedi

Just lemme know, which language, so I can give you access.

• @Neoon said:
    Dark theme is in progress, I will look into adding all currencies automatically.
    Also if you like to translate something for novaDedi: https://crowdin.com/project/novadedi

Cool. I can help you with Bahasa Malaysia. Native speaker here. I've just registered there. I'm new to Crowdin and from what I can see, their package is a little pricey. I wonder why didn't you opt for open source translation program? How are you able to sustain? You are making some serious investments here.

@Dedicadude said:

@Neoon said:

Cool. I can help you with Bahasa Malaysia. Native speaker here. I've just registered there.

Yea but you need to Join the project over the URL, afterwards I can give you access to the language.

I'm new to Crowdin and from what I can see, their package is a little pricey. I wonder why didn't you opt for open source translation program? How are you able to sustain? You are making some serious investments here.

Its indeed, but we got sponsored:

I like the interface, its easy, for people.

Thanked by 1Dedicadude
  • @Neoon said:

@Dedicadude said:

@Neoon said:

Cool. I can help you with Bahasa Malaysia. Native speaker here. I've just registered there.

Yea but you need to Join the project over the URL, afterwards I can give you access to the language.

I'm new to Crowdin and from what I can see, their package is a little pricey. I wonder why didn't you opt for open source translation program? How are you able to sustain? You are making some serious investments here.

Its indeed, but we got sponsored:

I like the interface, its easy, for people.

Just done with the Malay translation. It's actually my first translation project contribution in my whole life. Happy to be a small part of this project. Can't wait to see how it performs during the next black friday or cyber monday -- i hope you get a lot of traffics and your server crash :)

@Dedicadude said:
    Just done with the Malay translation. It's actually my first translation project contribution in my whole life. Happy to be a small part of this project.

Thanks, I will take a look and add it today.

Can't wait to see how it performs during the next black friday or cyber monday -- i hope you get a lot of traffics and your server crash :)

Well, its a weak server, but should keep up fine.

@Dedicadude said:
    Awesome! I really like developers that listen to their customers/users. I'm certain that you can go far with this project. Anyway, thank you for the currency feature. I'm requesting for MYR (Malaysian Ringgit) to be added - maybe you should just add all available currencies (except digital/crypto). An yeah, dark theme would be nice.

All currencies should be added, also MYR, currently 159.

edited September 2018

You can keep an eye on the price and see if it has changed and when it has been restocked:

Also, we got a IRC channel at freenode.net #novaDedi, join us.
    Comes with Discord gateway.

• DedicadudeDedicadude Member
    edited September 2018

Wow, price history. That's a really neat feature you have there. Btw, some currencies for example MYR. The symbol should be appended (RM100 instead of 100RM) and most probably $4.99 makes more sense than 4.99$ too. Also, the traffic is currently written as 2 decimal places, it should be 10TB instead of 10.00TB (save space and less confusion). Think your users as some noobs who easily get confused :smiley:

• In the most European countries it's 4.99€.

• Well, this is what the EU says about the position of currency codes and signs:

When to use the euro sign (€)
    The euro sign is reserved for use in graphics. However, its use is also permitted in popular works and promotional publications (e.g. sales catalogues).

Position of the ISO code or euro sign in amounts
    In English texts, the ISO code ‘EUR’ is followed by a fixed space and the amount:
    a sum of EUR 30

NB: The same rule applies in Irish, Latvian and Maltese. In all other official EU languages the order is reversed; the amount is followed by a fixed space and the ISO code ‘EUR’ (or the euro sign in graphics):
    une somme de 30 EUR

However, the euro sign (when permitted) is followed by the amount without the intervening fixed space:
    €2.50
    €1 500

Thanked by 2Dedicadude gol3m

4.99€ makes more sense to me, keeping it.

@Dedicadude said:
    it should be 10TB instead of 10.00TB (save space and less confusion). Think your users as some noobs who easily get confused :smiley:

Confusion? Cmon we are not google, that need to remove www to avoid confusion.

Thanked by 3MGarbis dfmcvn gol3m
  • @Neoon said:
    4.99€ makes more sense to me, keeping it.

@Dedicadude said:
    it should be 10TB instead of 10.00TB (save space and less confusion). Think your users as some noobs who easily get confused :smiley:

Confusion? Cmon we are not google, that need to remove www to avoid confusion.

I was not the one talking about €. I mentioned RM. Maybe you mean @MGarbis

We don't say 1.00RM it's just weird and what's with www has to do with decimal places? I was just saying I almost never see people write 10.00TB in their package.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Dedicadude said:

We don't say 1.00RM it's just weird and what's with www has to do with decimal places? I was just saying I almost never see people write 10.00TB in their package.

I believe what Neoon means is fixing the decimal is not a priority, if you want you can just submit a PR to fix it. By the way, I believe Neoon can change RM to MYR so it is okay to append.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @FAT32 said:

@Dedicadude said:

I believe what Neoon means is fixing the decimal is not a priority, if you want you can just submit a PR to fix it. By the way, I believe Neoon can change RM to MYR so it is okay to append.

I'm not sure if this is 100% open source, all I see is https://gitlab.com/Ne00n/metaDedi-Filters - send me the repository so I can study the whole project.

Even so, I would've fork it out and make my own tool but I don't want to end up in a hot soup like incero did. No point committing a PR if the maintainer isn't open enough for ideas/suggestions at the first place, his project after all... I'm here to contribute the little things whether he agrees or not it's not my problem...

also, I didn't say anything about changing RM to MYR. I said append RM (symbol) to the numbers since it's currently prepended.

@Dedicadude said:

Has been fixed, the .00 was added due to its decimal inside the DB and was not rounded, its now rounded.
    I did not said, that I am not going to fix it, 10.00 is not going to confuse people, bs, that was my point.

@Dedicadude said:
    I'm not sure if this is 100% open source, all I see is https://gitlab.com/Ne00n/metaDedi-Filters - send me the repository so I can study the whole project.

It's not open source, some filters are.

Even so, I would've fork it out and make my own tool but I don't want to end up in a hot soup like incero did. No point committing a PR if the maintainer isn't open enough for ideas/suggestions at the first place, his project after all... I'm here to contribute the little things whether he agrees or not it's not my problem...

So, I am not open to ideas?
    People made suggestions about translations which have been integrated.
    Yesterday someone reported a bug in discord, regarding OneProvider not shoing the 10% yearly discount, has been fixed.

If people make suggestions, I respect them, but I cannot always put everything into the project.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • I'm not saying about you specifically but all maintainers generally. They are the project managers and in this case you are the project owner. At the end of the day, it's your call anyway.

The reason I'm helping you with this close-source project is because I find it helpful and help to solve some of my daily if not, weekly problem in hunting new dedicadude servers... So, I'm more than glad to be a helping hand.

With all the dramas happening in LET recently, I'm not sure who to trust anymore. I don't even think all the offers in this forum is legit anymore. All these scams, internal issues among mods/admins/founding members well, maybe I need to cut down my visits here because when I tried to suggest for example regarding the 1.00$ and $1.00, someone is trying to fix me back. Luckily, some other people came up with a more legit explanation + reliable source.

Anyway, good luck with your project. Since this is a close-source project, well we can't see the future so....you know, I know... today it's free, the next day it has to be monetize once you get to that traffic threshold.

Signing off.

• Dedicadude said: Signing off.

GTFO you psycho. Open-source your ass.

Sorry for rant all other readers, but wtf...