Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing metaDedi - Dedicated comparison table
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Introducing metaDedi - Dedicated comparison table

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
edited January 2019 in General

Everyone needs cheap dedis, so I decided to create metaDedi.

metaDedi is a comparison table from multiple providers, updated every 10 minutes.

So you can find easy a good deal, with a few clicks: https://metaDedi.net

As usual, no tracking or ad's.

If you have any suggestions, or notice any errors, lemme know.

Neoon.

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Nice work! Serverroom is pretty trash, but it's neat that you're pulling in the Hetzner auction servers too

• vovlervovler Member
    edited May 2018

Could you add storage type? In case there is any server with an SSD ?
    Otherwise, great job!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2018

@MasonR said:
    Nice work! Serverroom is pretty trash, but it's neat that you're pulling in the Hetzner auction servers too.

Did you tried Serverroom? Its just 10Mbit yea, but I guess a 7$ dedi with 2k benchmark is still not bad.

@vovler said:
    Could you add storage type? In case there is any server with an SSD ?
    Otherwise, great job!

Yea, I will look into it.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Neat. Don't know if it's easy to do in an automated fashion, but CPU passmark would be an interesting metric to see at a glance.

• williewillie Member

Nice! Note there's also a cheap dedi thread that's been around for a while:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/110232/huge-list-of-dedicated-server-providers-under-20

Maybe some of it could be merged.

@willie said:
    Nice! Note there's also a cheap dedi thread that's been around for a while:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/110232/huge-list-of-dedicated-server-providers-under-20

Maybe some of it could be merged.

I do not see why this should be merged with a 1 year old thread.

I am not looking primary for new providers, we got a list already, its just mainly about adding/fxing stuff related to the list/table to it.

Its more project related not provider related.

• corbpiecorbpie Member

Oneprovider.com champ

• xyzxyz Member

Neoon said: I do not see why this should be merged with a 1 year old thread.

I am not looking primary for new providers, we got a list already, its just mainly about adding/fxing stuff related to the list/table to it.

I think he means that you should add some of the providers from that thread to your list (since you lack a few).

Also filtering options would be nice.

• This is a awesome, thank you

• pxhaxorpxhaxor Member

Those hetzner boxes though. 2x3tb for 21.85 eur. Daym.

• akbakb Member

@Neoon, if scaleway baremetal instances qualify as dedi, you may add them also.

• JohnRoeJohnRoe Member

Thanks. Good stuff, but I don't think listing all hetzner available servers is good. Had to skip 2-3 pages to see another provider.

• @JohnRoe said:
    Thanks. Good stuff, but I don't think listing all hetzner available servers is good. Had to skip 2-3 pages to see another provider.

Strongly disagree. I think listing the Hetzner servers is great. You can easily search (for example: 32GB) and sort by price. If you want to pay more just to have another provider it's easy enough to go to the last page.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@akb said:

If no other customer is sharing the same physical hardware, then yes it is.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • No online.net?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2018

This idea for such a list is awesome.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Nice work, I guess with LET members maintaining this we can lift all price limits here now.

edited May 2018

@corbpie said:
    Oneprovider.com champ

Well yea, they have 2 separate lists, with double entries, work in progress.

I am still waiting for the 3rd list.

@xyz said:

Neoon said: I do not see why this should be merged with a 1 year old thread.

I think he means that you should add some of the providers from that thread to your list (since you lack a few).

>

I will add them over time.

Also filtering options would be nice.

What do you want?

@akb said:

Gonna be added.

@luissousa said:
    No online.net?

Just 4 dedis within 35 euro, so not top priority.

@AnthonySmith said:
    Nice work, I guess with LET members maintaining this we can lift all price limits here now.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith MasonR
  • lemonlemon Member

Why is unlimited traffic listed between 20 and 50 Tb?

edited May 2018

@lemon said:
    Why is unlimited traffic listed between 20 and 50 Tb?

Well, I see Unlimited as 32TB, if you go full duplex, it should not be between 20 and 50TB right, I update this.

• JohnRoeJohnRoe Member

@elwebmaster said:

@JohnRoe said:

Strongly disagree. I think listing the Hetzner servers is great. You can easily search (for example: 32GB) and sort by price. If you want to pay more just to have another provider it's easy enough to go to the last page.

Maybe randomly displaying the same servers spec, let say 10 of them would be good? 2-3 pages just for plenty of the same server spec is quite a bit of mess tbh.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

How about instead of this:

... deduplicate the entries so that it becomes this:

... or even this?

(In the last case, you could just add three 'order' links in the last column, each one corresponding to the version on that line. Or just link to the best one available at the time, I don't know.)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Kudos Neoon, nice work!

edited May 2018

As requested, a small update:

• Added a filter which drops the same server specs including location & provider
    • Added a filter, which drops offers that are more expensive, with the same sepcs, so you always see the cheapest offer with the specs you want.

That in total brings about 50% less entries.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • williewillie Member

Nice! How about a JSON link?

• msg7086msg7086 Member

Also maybe price per 10k passmark and price per 1TB storage for sorting. Should be handy for those who want to run applications and seed ISOs.

Thanked by 1Adam1
  • msg7086msg7086 Member

And dacentec has good deals from time to time.

Click page number links should also scroll the page to top.

• wroxwrox Member

What about also scraping the following pages if you can?

Clouvider (any of their special pages):
    https://console.clouvider.co.uk/cart/royal-wedding-2018-special/

Psychz:
    https://www.psychz.net/dashboard/client/web/order/special-dedicated-servers

For example, there's a E3-1230v6 bare metal in Mumbai, India for $59/month right now.

@wrox said:
    What about also scraping the following pages if you can?

Clouvider (any of their special pages):
    https://console.clouvider.co.uk/cart/royal-wedding-2018-special/

Psychz:
    https://www.psychz.net/dashboard/client/web/order/special-dedicated-servers

For example, there's a E3-1230v6 bare metal in Mumbai, India for $59/month right now.

Thats above the price limit of 35EUR, of course we can discuss the price limit.

Second, these one time promotions, I did not plan to add these, since they are gone after a few days.