Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vpsRus dropping all VPS/NATVPS, Gullo's refuge offer - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vpsRus dropping all VPS/NATVPS, Gullo's refuge offer

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

@Hoost said:

@Clouvider said:
    The issue here is that not the company is acquired but ‘Customers’ and their data. Takeover is another story, such part sale is yet another one.

Is it another issue that said data is acquired by an individual and not an actual legal company entity?

Nope. Individual can do the business same as a legal entity. It’s quite common.

The difference here is that the ‘non-limited’ business has full personal liability if anything goes awry, whereas if this would be say a UK limited company the personal liability might be limited to the shareholding value only.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • donlidonli Member
    edited May 2018

@Shazan said:
    I would also suggest this company to change its name, as it doesn't sell VPS anymore and it is not from RUSsia... :P

vpsrnotus.com is available.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • saibalsaibal Member

@MasonR said:

@saibal said:

@MasonR said:

@saibal said:

Shazan said: Only english mother tongue people use "r" for "are", "u" for "you" and so on...

No, only millennials do ;-)

Toys "R" Us - founded in 1948. Those are some old ass millennials

:D They were called something else back then. Although, dint they file for bankruptcy recently?

Sorry, 1957. Point still stands. And yes, they're currently closing all stores.

LOL. Mostly millenials then :D
    But yeah, I get your point these versions have been around earlier.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

vpsrus said: @AnthonySmith the new email was sent out to all customers they will have the option to chose whatever provider they want. Regarding the money paid already, I just stated and sent email that they will be entitled to a refund, just open a ticket.

Nice one, tag restored, sorry but there have been so many hit and runs that start just like this, I will give you the opportunity to prove me wrong.

• @Clouvider said:

@Hoost said:

@Clouvider said:
    The issue here is that not the company is acquired but ‘Customers’ and their data. Takeover is another story, such part sale is yet another one.

Is it another issue that said data is acquired by an individual and not an actual legal company entity?

Nope. Individual can do the business same as a legal entity. It’s quite common.

The difference here is that the ‘non-limited’ business has full personal liability if anything goes awry, whereas if this would be say a UK limited company the personal liability might be limited to the shareholding value only.

Yep! Just wondered if there was anything specific to this case and GDPR (other than what was mentioned), I still have a tiny bit of reading to do. Cheers!

• YandexYandex Member

Well,When you all crusing vpsRus, please just think, whoever else can offer me such a high performance low price VPS without oversell?

Anyone else can provide me a VPS with 4 DEDICATED vCores 8GB RAM 250G HDD 1TB@100Mbps at only $7/mo?

Although I also have no good impression on Gullo, but I respect their decision ----- maybe I would choose terminate my vps if Gullo's solution doesn't satisfy me.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

Nevermind, I'm glad they chose a wiser business decision and I hope for their sake they didn't already hand over everything to some strangers.

Thanked by 2Yandex Clouvider
  • Yandex said: Well,When you all crusing vpsRus, please just think, whoever else can offer me such a high performance low price VPS without oversell?

I'm not sure if you read the title or not...

• Customer data gathered and sold, moving on to the next brand!

• YandexYandex Member

@somewhatwindy said:

I'm not sure if you read the title or not...

I said clearly that I respect their decision

• Huge decisions had to be made there. Deadpool or let them go.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Yandex said:

Anyone else can provide me a VPS with 4 DEDICATED vCores 8GB RAM 250G HDD 1TB@100Mbps at only $7/mo?

Are we talking about openvz or other virtualisation?

• williewillie Member

Yandex said:

You are kidding yourself.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

willie said: You are kidding yourself.

I'll take "Why they stopped offering VPS" for $100, Willie.

Francisco

• YandexYandex Member

@WebProject said:

@Yandex said:

Are we talking about openvz or other virtualisation?

Of course KVM,currently I use This for video encoding,running Adobe CC 2018 series. I've kept using at 100% for months and it never goes down, that's why I think he (vpsRus) didn't oversell and that's why I think his service is good ----- although L5520 is very old but I only care stable when high load and keep running.

4 dedicated vCores means 4 threads, so 4x this configuration is alomost a Dual L5520 Dedi , and $28 seems only earn very few.

Unfortunately, when I ask about transferring to Gullo, he said he can't promise the current price and let me ask Gullo by myself ----- he might also know nearly no one else can offer VPS at this price.

• corbpiecorbpie Member

Drop ban_hammper.exe on @cam

• YandexYandex Member

@willie said:

You are kidding yourself.

But he did, that's why I stand for him.
    I also encoding videos on my PC, comparing the encoding time difference, I have to think it's dedicated resource.

• mkshmksh Member
    edited May 2018

@Yandex said:
    Of course KVM,currently I use This for video encoding,running Adobe CC 2018 series. I've kept using at 100% for months and it never goes down, that's why I think he (vpsRus) didn't oversell and that's why I think his service is good ----- although L5520 is very old but I only care stable when high load and keep running.

4 dedicated vCores means 4 threads, so 4x this configuration is alomost a Dual L5520 Dedi , and $28 seems only earn very few.

So by your calculation you are getting a half L5520 or ~2150 passmark at $7 per month. Not sure about this price range but at least for this price/performance ratio dedis should be available.

Unfortunately, when I ask about transferring to Gullo, he said he can't promise the current price and let me ask Gullo by myself ----- he might also know nearly no one else can offer VPS at this price.

Seems he can't even offer it himself and you seriously should get this cleared with @Cam before proceeding. Just because i say that you can get dedis with this price/performance ratio doesn't mean that a lot of VPS hosts are going to let you max out those kinds of resources 24/7 at that price. Why? Providers offering such price/performance ratio likely need their own DCs to even scrape up at a tiny profit from this or at least not make a loss.

Thanked by 1Yandex
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I think it's enough after they conceded to do the right thing?

Thanked by 3mksh MasonR WebProject
  • mkshmksh Member

@Clouvider said:

I think it's enough after they conceded to do the right thing?

Agreed. Maybe there will be a round 2 but for now it seems there is nothing left to pick on.

• donlidonli Member

@Yandex said:

that's why I think he (vpsRus) didn't oversell and that's why I think his service is good

Yeah he didn't "oversell", he "underpriced".

• @Yandex said:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/143495/netcup-generation-8-root-servers

Slightly over $7 (around $8.40) and only 2 cores but it's Xeon Gold 6140. Will that suffice?

• williewillie Member

Yandex said:

Wait, what? Where is the offer thread where you got this? You may just be on an underutilized box. But yeah, you can do at least comparable $/passmark with a budget dedi.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

saibal said: No, only millennials do ;-)

Why do millennial get such a bad rep? Not all millennial are lazy useless people with funny slang, don't know anything and in need of instant gratification. Not that you're saying all this, but it's the general stereotype.

Shazan said: That could be too :) I am far from being a millennial.. lol

Jeeze. Millenials is basically anyone born between 1980 and 2000, so basically everyone aged 18 - 38. This cohort makes up the vast majority of working population, and probably make up an even greater proportion of the tech industry than any other cohort. What are you? Generation X or a Baby Boomer? :D

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@randvegeta said:

Why do millennial get such a bad rep? Not all millennial are lazy useless people with funny slang, don't know anything and in need of instant gratification. Not that you're saying all this, but it's the general stereotype.

you are forgetting it isn't just that. look up all the "challenges" they have been doing, and if you have any sense not to eat a tide pod for a "challenge," you would distance yourself away too.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@cubedata said:

@randvegeta said:

you are forgetting it isn't just that. look up all the "challenges" they have been doing, and if you have any sense not to eat a tide pod for a "challenge," you would distance yourself away too.

Woah woah woah... let's not get millennials mixed up with the tide pod eating Gen-Z assholes. The ice bucket and cinnamon challenges were a lot less batshit crazy than eating tide pods or snorting condoms.

Thanked by 3Cam randvegeta Aidan
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

cubedata said: you are forgetting it isn't just that. look up all the "challenges" they have been doing, and if you have any sense not to eat a tide pod for a "challenge," you would distance yourself away too.

Damn right! Gen Z are the fools that eat Tide pod :D

Arguably millennials are actually 1977 - 1994, which is nice because it gives a little more distance from the tide pod generation! It also pushed the cohort age range a little higher from 24 - 41, which gives millenials a little more gravitas and authority!

Actually a lot of the rep millenials get I think is probably mostly coming from that overlap with generation Z :-)

The struggles of my cohort, particularly in Hong Kong, IS REAL!!!

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@MasonR said:

@cubedata said:

@randvegeta said:

Woah woah woah... let's not get millennials mixed up with the tide pod eating Gen-Z assholes. The ice bucket and cinnamon challenges were a lot less batshit crazy than eating tide pods or snorting condoms.

so there is a whole new generation that did this? okay, I must be out of touch then... well this explains why I didn't know there was a entire new generation besides millennials,I found this article explaining it

https://chshighoscope.com/2018/03/25/generation-z-and-the-tide-pod-challenge/

sorry mason, for trying to mix up the "common sense" generation(millennials) with Gen-Z(which I only knew about the tide pod challenge after someone was discussing it at work.)

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

This just in: all young people do stupid shit, regardless of 'generation'. The internet has just made it more visible.

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@randvegeta said:

Shazan said: That could be too :) I am far from being a millennial.. lol

Jeeze. Millenials is basically anyone born between 1980 and 2000, so basically everyone aged 18 - 38. This cohort makes up the vast majority of working population, and probably make up an even greater proportion of the tech industry than any other cohort. What are you? Generation X or a Baby Boomer? :D

Generation X, of course. I was already an adult when most of millennials were born :p