Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vpsRus dropping all VPS/NATVPS, Gullo's refuge offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vpsRus dropping all VPS/NATVPS, Gullo's refuge offer

JabJabJabJab Member

Copy-paste of e-mail - maybe someone did not noticed and deadline is (lol) soon. Very soon.

I would even say too soon but I don't have a VPS with them anymore - it ran out few weeks ago, they did not generate invoice, I couldn't extend it, support took like 2 weeks to answer that they don't sell it anymore - looks like they were slowly shutting down everything and not that many client should be affected.

This email pertains ONLY to VPS and NATVPS services.
DEDICATED and WEB services will remain as is and are unrelated.

We regret to inform you, Starting Monday, May 7th, 2018, we will not be supporting VPS and NAT VPS servers any longer. On Monday, May 7th, 2018 all VPS and NAT VPS server's will be terminated. VPSRUS is not going out of business, We are only closing down the VPS sector.

Gullo's Hosting has proposed a refuge offer for all of our current clients. Gullo's Hosting will allow clients to continue out the remaining time on your service for free or a nominal fee (On a case by case basis). They will also hold a backup of all clients data and will be able to restore this backup on a VPS for you to continue to use.

To request this refuge offer please open a ticket with the Gullo's Hosting Sales department here, http://goo.gl/aQvtnm

Due to the nature of this refuge offer, we will not be offering any type of refund or compensation for customers that do not wish to run out their contract with Gullo's Hosting.

You can expect to receive an email from Gullo's Hosting directly in the next few days.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter,
vpsRus Management

Comments

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited May 2018

What the actual fuck?

They will also hold a backup of all clients data and will be able to restore this backup on a VPS for you to continue to use.

So vpsRus has just handed out a copy of all clients servers to another host. This is later confirmed by the following line:

You can expect to receive an email from Gullo's Hosting directly in the next few days.

So this means that client data was also passed off to Gullo's Hosting. Nice.

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up.

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited May 2018

So vpsRus has just handed out a copy of all clients servers to another host. This is later confirmed by the following line:

This.

• Took payments for services likely up to and including just days before this email. (I am assuming given that they just took my payment within the last few days.) No prior warning, notification, nothing.

• They just handed over PII to some other company without prior authorization or notification.

Edit: Now that they won't sell VPS anymore, hope they change their name appropriately. Maybe Sc*mmersRUs?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@geekalot said:

This.

• Took payments for services likely up to and including just days before this email. (I am assuming given that they just took my payment within the last few days.) No prior warning, notification, nothing.

• They just handed over PII to some other company without prior authorization or notification.

Edit: Now that they won't sell VPS anymore, hope they change their name appropriately. Maybe Sc*mmersRUs?

Now if GDPR would be in and they were in Europe.. that would be fun to watch.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

@cam @vpsrus Please sort this cluster fuck out.

Thanked by 2mikho sithrebel15
  • justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

@geekalot said:

This.

There are no scammers here, only a business decision, we will continue to serve dedicated and webhosting, we made an agreement with Gullo's hosting to take care of the customers without service interruption.

Also any payment that was done and you don't want to continue the services, please open a ticket and I will be glad to refund.

• @Clouvider said:

@geekalot said:

This.

I knew one of you guys on "the other side of the pond" would chime in about that. It is exactly what I was thinking as I posted.

It should hopefully mitigate idiocy like this.

• imokimok Member

@IThinkUFailed said:
    What the actual fuck?

They will also hold a backup of all clients data and will be able to restore this backup on a VPS for you to continue to use.

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up.

I'm sure this has been done with good intentions, as @cam has a good reputation here until now. But it gets worse because Gullo's Hosting is not a real company.

• @geekalot said:

@Clouvider said:

I knew one of you guys on "the other side of the pond" would chime in about that. It is exactly what I was thinking as I posted.

It should but in these circumstances, it definitely wouldn't.

@vpsrus said:
    Also any payment that was done and you don't want to continue the services, please open a ticket and I will be glad to refund.

You stated in your email to clients you won't be refunded even if they do not wish to continue service. I'd call that a scam personally. The fact you've already handed over client details and copies of clients servers without asking clients if they want this is wrong.

@imok said:
    I'm sure this has been done with good intentions, as @cam has a good reputation here until now. But it gets worse because Gullo's Hosting is not a real company.

I have no doubts Cam is a good person and only had his best intentions for people but this is still not right nor fair for any of the clients involved who now have their details shared with a third party without their knowledge or approval.

• LeviLevi Member

Hm, looks like deadpool incoming... Bookmarking this thread

• imokimok Member
    edited May 2018

@IThinkUFailed said:
    I have no doubts Cam is a good person and only had his best intentions for people but this is still not right nor fair for any of the clients involved who now have their details shared with a third party without their knowledge or approval.

I agree. I think they failed. At least an approval from the customer would have been better.

PS: Why italic font style is bold?

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed

@IThinkUFailed said:

@geekalot said:

@Clouvider said:

It should but in these circumstances, it definitely wouldn't.

@vpsrus said:

You stated in your email to clients you won't be refunded even if they do not wish to continue service. I'd call that a scam personally. The fact you've already handed over client details and copies of clients servers without asking clients if they want this is wrong.

@imok said:

Nothing was transferred yet and @Cam do not have any customer or server information and if one week is too short I can give until 05/30 then I will shutdown the VPS sector.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited May 2018

@vpsrus said: Nothing was transferred yet and @Cam do not have any customer or server information and if one week is too short I can give until 05/30 then I will shutdown the VPS sector.

To protect both @Cam and your own reputation and sanity I'd highly suggest giving until the end of May before terminating any services, if possible. Additionally, I'd suggest setting up some form of opt-in/opt-out (via email, google forms, etc.) so customers can decide if they wish to proceed and have their account/data transferred to be managed by Cam or want to terminate (with all client data and information wiped before service turnover).

Thanked by 3ehab pullangcubo chrisp
  • donlidonli Member

we will not be offering any type of refund or compensation for customers that do not wish to run out their contract with Gullo's Hosting.

Have you consulted your attorney on this matter, 'cause It doesn't work that way.

@MasonR said:

@vpsrus said: Nothing was transferred yet and @Cam do not have any customer or server information and if one week is too short I can give until 05/30 then I will shutdown the VPS sector.

To protect both @Cam and your own reputation and sanity I'd highly suggest giving until the end of May before terminating any services, if possible. Additionally, I'd suggest setting up some form of opt-in/opt-out (via email, google forms, etc.) so customers can decide if they wish to proceed and have their account/data transferred to be managed by Cam or want to terminate (with all client data and information wiped before service turnover).

You are right, I will change the date to the end of May so customers can have time to backup data or decide to move, we will send an email to all clients and see who wants termination or wants to migrate to Gullohosting.

• The next question is are you going to refund people who want services terminated?

• levnodelevnode Member

Hmm, what I care only is will they offer any super special promotion on dedicated server line to celebrate this thing?

Thanked by 1imok
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Looks like someone's provider tag is on the line.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

levnode said: Hmm, what I care only is will they offer any super special promotion on dedicated server line to celebrate this thing?

Would you really want any service with a company having such questionable morality? At any point they are ready to sell off you and all your private data to a highest bidder, and provide no refunds to any prepaid periods (as stated in E-Mail), only maybe begrudgingly providing some after faced a shitstorm on a forum.

Pretty sure most don't care as long as the price is low enough.

• donlidonli Member

@deank said:
    Looks like someone's provider tag is on the line.

The end is nigh?

The end is nigh.

rm_ said: At any point they are ready to sell off you and all your private data to a highest bidder

To be fair... No bidding was involved - yet.

Thanked by 1justvm
  • levnodelevnode Member

@rm_ said:

levnode said: Hmm, what I care only is will they offer any super special promotion on dedicated server line to celebrate this thing?

Would you really want any service with a company having such questionable morality? At any point they are ready to sell off you and all your private data to a highest bidder, and provide no refunds to any prepaid periods (as stated in E-Mail), only maybe begrudgingly providing some after faced a shitstorm on a forum.

You are definitely right. However, for my purpose, data integrity is not much important. I just need ram and cpu to analyze data.

I> @IThinkUFailed said:

The next question is are you going to refund people who want services terminated?

I have very few customers on the yearly bases, those if decided not to move will be refunded, the monthly customers as I will give this notice until the end of May they will be covered.

• mkshmksh Member
    edited May 2018

I have nothing against @Cam and i commend him for being open about this but i think it might be of interesting to people being transfered that he publicaly admited to packet logging. Can't remember the exact timespan he keeps logs but i think it was somewhere around a week to a month. Not saying this is super awful or anything as your traffic should be encrypted anyways but i guess it's everyones own descission what to think of this.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2018

Well, Since when can you force costumers to another provider and keep the money if they want a refund?
    No, just do a chargeback if you do not want to move.

You signed a contract with your costumers, you are not providing what they paid for, so chargeback.

Seems like, we living in a dream world now, first Treudler just goes offline, no refund and now the next one.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Neoon said:
    Well, Since when can you force costumers to another provider and keep the money if they want a refund?

You signed a contract with your costumers, you are not providing what they paid for, so chargeback.

Seems like, we living in a dream world now, first Treudler just goes offline, no refund and now the next one.

Put the pitchfork away, @vpsrus has already stated he'll keep services going through the month, so any monthly customers services will expire once the month is through (with the option to continue with Cam, if desired, if I'm interpreting that right). Any yearly customers will be get their prorata refund if they want instead of continuing services with another provider.

So no one is being forced to move to another provider. Not sure how much better than that you can get when a provider is closing shop.

• The next question is are you going to refund people who want services terminated?> @MasonR said:

@Neoon said:

Put the pitchfork away, @vpsrus has already stated he'll keep services going through the month, so any monthly customers services will expire once the month is through (with the option to continue with Cam, if desired, if I'm interpreting that right). Any yearly customers will be get their prorata refund if they want instead of continuing services with another provider.

So no one is being forced to move to another provider. Not sure how much better than that you can get when a provider is closing shop.

But that wasn't his original intention as described in the email.

Due to the nature of this refuge offer, we will not be offering any type of refund or compensation for customers that do not wish to run out their contract with Gullo's Hosting.

edited May 2018

@mksh said:
    I have nothing against @Cam and i commend him for being open about this but i think it might be of interesting to people being transfered that he publicaly admited to packet logging. Can't remember the exact timespan he keeps logs but i think it was somewhere around a week to a month. Not saying this is super awful or anything as your traffic should be encrypted anyways but i guess it's everyones own descission what to think of this.

Who doesn't? Have you seen a DDoS mitigation system that doesn't process metadata of connections from flows? If one doesn't then their provider 100% will.